[3.14 No Nerf]Blazing Salvo Hierophant -Totem Bombardier -10m+ Sirus DPS -Newb Friendly

"
Kasspa420 wrote:
While this guys build is decent you might want to give my version a look and see how you feel. It does more damage (5 blazing salvo totems, 2 wave of conviction totems, 2.10mil dmg sirus at 5x totems versus this builds 2.8m sirus with 4 totems). I have much more HP at 5k, 1600ES, and 3200mana which none is reserved so MoM actually works. I also annointed Dynamo and use Steelskin on mouse1 like move only and then literally every single time you move and cast steelskin your regenning 20% of mana over 1 sec, then plus your mana flask and your MoM actually works. I started with the dual kikazuru and the node with the extra 20% reduced curse effect but in the end the mana flask with warding I'm using is always up and I'm never cursed granted on bosses without many adds your going to die once or twice due to the curses, its inevitable I guess. Dunno why the guy doesn't incorporate fire wall self case in either, throw it on your totems so they fire through it and its increased 80-135 added fire dmg to projectiles, its a ton of extra dmg and has a configuration for it even in PoB, if you check mine its in the top right section

Also for the argument about conc effect above, it absolutely works for blazing salvo, it affects the area damage not the initial projectile dmg so it doesn't buff your tooltip DPS numbers, this has been verified multiple times now on reddit by Bex and others.

Gear is beleow and PoB here https://pastebin.com/0GC8qf4q
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/BlazingKasspa?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DBlazing-Salvo%26sort%3Ddps

Your build looks significantly more costly than mine. Not to mention the fact that my build does infact have 5 totems. Take a look at the shield is also has +1. As far as MoM goes I have no issue with keeping it up as my mana regen is very high. The void battery is an optional choice for endgame dps so I don't count that into the price mark. (not to mention the fact that none of the items I have are "perfect" they're just an idea to shoot for.)
Last edited by Kyslior on Oct 3, 2020, 2:44:42 PM
"
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
While this guys build is decent you might want to give my version a look and see how you feel. It does more damage (5 blazing salvo totems, 2 wave of conviction totems, 2.10mil dmg sirus at 5x totems versus this builds 2.8m sirus with 4 totems). I have much more HP at 5k, 1600ES, and 3200mana which none is reserved so MoM actually works. I also annointed Dynamo and use Steelskin on mouse1 like move only and then literally every single time you move and cast steelskin your regenning 20% of mana over 1 sec, then plus your mana flask and your MoM actually works. I started with the dual kikazuru and the node with the extra 20% reduced curse effect but in the end the mana flask with warding I'm using is always up and I'm never cursed granted on bosses without many adds your going to die once or twice due to the curses, its inevitable I guess. Dunno why the guy doesn't incorporate fire wall self case in either, throw it on your totems so they fire through it and its increased 80-135 added fire dmg to projectiles, its a ton of extra dmg and has a configuration for it even in PoB, if you check mine its in the top right section

Also for the argument about conc effect above, it absolutely works for blazing salvo, it affects the area damage not the initial projectile dmg so it doesn't buff your tooltip DPS numbers, this has been verified multiple times now on reddit by Bex and others.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Kasspa420/BlazingKasspa?i=1&search=class%3DHierophant%26skill%3DBlazing-Salvo%26sort%3Ddps

Your build looks significantly more costly than mine. Not to mention the fact that my build does infact have 5 totems. Take a look at the shield is also has +1. As far as MoM goes I have no issue with keeping it up as my mana regen is very high. The void battery is an optional choice for endgame dps so I don't count that into the price mark. (not to mention the fact that none of the items I have are "perfect" they're just an idea to shoot for.)

Ehhh I wouldn't call my items perfect by any means, and while it may be slightly more expensive than your build its not by much, I think your helmet alone could fund 90% of my build. I was using your build originally, but I had serious issues with dying and MoM, basically never any mana to actually mitigate the hits, sure one and id be fine, but more than 1 hit and I'd be dead. The steelskin guardian on mouse 1 and dynamo with a full mana pool is what really solved that issue for me. Your builds good though I used it until I made changes after dying in t16 maps over and over. once I changed though I was able to jump from 92 to 95 finally, since I stopped dying so much. Also you may have updated your PoB again then, the one I have originally from you does not have a +1 totem shield. This is the PoB of yours I have been using to help out my own build https://pastebin.com/frMaN4nV
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Oct 3, 2020, 3:10:19 PM
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

Ehhh I wouldn't call my items perfect by any means, and while it may be slightly more expensive than your build its not by much. I was using your build originally, but I had serious issues with dying and MoM, basically never any mana to actually mitigate the hits, sure one and id be fine, but more than 1 hit and I'd be dead. The steelskin guardian on mouse 1 and dynamo with a full mana pool is what really solved that issue for me. Your builds good though I used it until I made changes after dying in t16 maps over and over. once I changed though I was able to jump from 92 to 95 finally, since I stopped dying so much. Also you may have updated your PoB again then, the one I have originally from you does not have a +1 totem shield.

That's probably not far off, but my dps is being prioritized over tank here. I will look into doing some fiddling with it. Something to consider would be a fully leveled vitality in place of the herald of ash. You would gain back a significant amount of mana and have around 700 life regen. Also, how are you getting curse immunity without kikizaru?
Last edited by Kyslior on Oct 3, 2020, 3:20:04 PM
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

Ehhh I wouldn't call my items perfect by any means, and while it may be slightly more expensive than your build its not by much, I think your helmet alone could fund 90% of my build. I was using your build originally, but I had serious issues with dying and MoM, basically never any mana to actually mitigate the hits, sure one and id be fine, but more than 1 hit and I'd be dead. The steelskin guardian on mouse 1 and dynamo with a full mana pool is what really solved that issue for me. Your builds good though I used it until I made changes after dying in t16 maps over and over. once I changed though I was able to jump from 92 to 95 finally, since I stopped dying so much. Also you may have updated your PoB again then, the one I have originally from you does not have a +1 totem shield. This is the PoB of yours I have been using to help out my own build https://pastebin.com/frMaN4nV

This build can work but if you actually understand how to use path of building you would know his dps is a scam. While his dps is still good his survivability is also lacking. He turns on frenzy charges, enemy covered in ash and enemeys are ignited but yet uses elemental focus so no ignite. no a chieftian or scion or have a xophs blood so no way to cover somthing in ash. and No way to generate your frenzy charges. I wouldnt say either build is better or not cause both could work but honest and real path of buildings would be nice. The use of void battery is a cool concept though i wonder if you can get more power charges also getting damage per power charge on gear/ jewel.
Last edited by Blue2sue on Oct 3, 2020, 5:43:32 PM
"
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

Ehhh I wouldn't call my items perfect by any means, and while it may be slightly more expensive than your build its not by much. I was using your build originally, but I had serious issues with dying and MoM, basically never any mana to actually mitigate the hits, sure one and id be fine, but more than 1 hit and I'd be dead. The steelskin guardian on mouse 1 and dynamo with a full mana pool is what really solved that issue for me. Your builds good though I used it until I made changes after dying in t16 maps over and over. once I changed though I was able to jump from 92 to 95 finally, since I stopped dying so much. Also you may have updated your PoB again then, the one I have originally from you does not have a +1 totem shield.

That's probably not far off, but my dps is being prioritized over tank here. I will look into doing some fiddling with it. Something to consider would be a fully leveled vitality in place of the herald of ash. You would gain back a significant amount of mana and have around 700 life regen. Also, how are you getting curse immunity without kikizaru?

Curse immunity is gained with warding flask. On any bosses other than serious end game bosses they melt np, but your probably going to die once or twice on sirus or any bosses without any adds to refill charges. Bosses melt for me though haven't had any issues, I've got sirus a6 down, shaper, elder, atziri. Working on the uber elder frags now.
"
Kasspa420 wrote:
"
"
Kasspa420 wrote:

Curse immunity is gained with warding flask. On any bosses other than serious end game bosses they melt np, but your probably going to die once or twice on sirus or any bosses without any adds to refill charges. Bosses melt for me though haven't had any issues, I've got sirus a6 down, shaper, elder, atziri. Working on the uber elder frags now.

That flask isnt really good enough though because youre gaining curses constantly with this build. That sounds like an extremely annoying handicap.
"
Blue2sue wrote:

This build can work but if you actually understand how to use path of building you would know his dps is a scam. While his dps is still good his survivability is also lacking. He turns on frenzy charges, enemy covered in ash and enemeys are ignited but yet uses elemental focus so no ignite. no a chieftian or scion or have a xophs blood so no way to cover somthing in ash. and No way to generate your frenzy charges. I wouldnt say either build is better or not cause both could work but honest and real path of buildings would be nice. The use of void battery is a cool concept though i wonder if you can get more power charges also getting damage per power charge on gear/ jewel.

My build is not a scam and you're extremely rude. Everything on this build works as it should because I've tested most of it in game. You seem to just be salty that my build is indisputably better than the knock off you made.
"
"
Blue2sue wrote:

My build is not a scam and you're extremely rude. Everything on this build works as it should because I've tested most of it in game. You seem to just be salty that my build is indisputably better than the knock off you made.

He's right though. You're pulling off POB warrior shit that people in general do not approve of. Answer his questions, where do you get frenzy charges, where do you get enemies covered in ash under your current PoB? You don't. Can you? Sure but it'd require changing some stuff up.

Ignite is possible due to flammability and wave of conviction totem with combustion to it though so there's a decent chance of applying exposure and ignite with a WOC totem on a cursed enemy. But Frenzy Charges and Covered in Ash shouldn't be checked because realistically in his PoB they aren't accessible.

Op's build is disingenuous since his PoB isn't entirely truthful and enabling certain mechanics out of it's reach to boost that DPS to make it look more appealing. Just unchecking Frenzy Charges and Enemies Covered in Ash still make it almost a 10M dps build.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
"
Blue2sue wrote:

He's right though. You're pulling off POB warrior shit that people in general do not approve of. Answer his questions, where do you get frenzy charges, where do you get enemies covered in ash under your current PoB? You don't. Can you? Sure but it'd require changing some stuff up.

Ignite is possible due to flammability and wave of conviction totem with combustion to it though so there's a decent chance of applying exposure and ignite with a WOC totem on a cursed enemy. But Frenzy Charges and Covered in Ash shouldn't be checked because realistically in his PoB they aren't accessible.

Op's build is disingenuous since his PoB isn't entirely truthful and enabling certain mechanics out of it's reach to boost that DPS to make it look more appealing. Just unchecking Frenzy Charges and Enemies Covered in Ash still make it almost a 10M dps build.

thank you. I guess the word scam was too far more meant it the dps in pob is a lie unless he changes stuff around. if you take off ash and other stuff, he cant proc with what he has he doesn't reach the dps he has listed. as a fellow totem player, I think with new skills looking at other peoples builds to try to figure out what's truely best is nice but finding a not entirely truthful build is sad. Also my mistake on woc i forgot he had it linked to combustion so ignite is has a chance.

I also helped him earlier with his build when he was self casting wave of conviction but without my input he wouldnt be applying fire exposure with self cast but yet he just hates on me for trying to make his build work to the best state and helping him with mechanics in game he didnt quite understand how they work
Last edited by Blue2sue on Oct 4, 2020, 10:54:58 PM
A quick question, for "dealing with the bandits", do we kill all for +2 skill points or alira for 20% crit multi, 15% all elemental resist + 5 mana regen?

My POB is bugged so i cannot find the answer anywhere. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info