[3.25] The Viper & The Mamba 🐍 Mamba with Bino | Viper with Venom Gyre

Just got to maps with this build and am enjoying it alot, I feel like I am having a bit of mana issues where sometimes I can run empty so can't leech anymore. Any tips for this?
"
Lumbai wrote:
Just got to maps with this build and am enjoying it alot, I feel like I am having a bit of mana issues where sometimes I can run empty so can't leech anymore. Any tips for this?

I'm also having mana issues.

I would also like to thank rahsaan for the time and effort put into this, i'm currently lvl 43 so still a long way to go but enjoying it thus far.
I do have some noob qstns if i may:

firstly, what is the general playstyle, do we just use whirling blades through areas and on rares elites use viper strike mamba with alch mark?
Keeping in mind i'm lvl 43 but would that be later on as well?
Constantly running oom (out of mana) maybe it's because im lvl 43 and it changes with better gear and points later on?

Thanks in advance
Playstyle : yes, either I walk or use Whirling Blades. I take care to refresh Ancestral Cry to hit additional targets. One hit of Mamba is sufficient most of the time to explode a pack or two.

I use Alch Mark only against bosses and big rares.

Mana issues : maybe your Withering Steps is automated, hence it consumes too much mana.
Other solutions : get a mana notable on the tree. Get some +flat mana on your stuff, or reduced mana cost of non-channeling skills on a ring (this mod can be crafted at the bench if you've unlocked it from Jun).
More expensive : link your auras to an Enlighten level 2 or 3.

@Lumbai: your stuff is very good, but your amulet enchant is Decay Ward, which is useless for us.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
Hi, do you have a pob for 3.25 with tinctures and recommended gearing guide? On the first page there is no mention of tinctures in the 'gearing' section.

Also what is the order of gearing (1st get this, 2nd get this etc)?

How do I level with viper strike, blight and contagion (blight and contagionare not linked with anything in the pob)?
@rahsaan
Last edited by cadosinio on Aug 19, 2024, 4:52:49 AM
My current Tincture :

Cooldown mod is not the best. Increased effect is better. See the Tincture used by Lumbai.

For early levelling, see the link in first post. Any sword and/or daggers are ok.

Then, for unique gearing, you want :

1- Poisonberry Tincture, level 45.
2- Profane Proxy ring (level 52)
3- Alpha's Howl helmet (level 64). Later, a corrupted version with 90% mana reservation implicit.

4- A Rebuke sword (level 64) and Bino's dagger (level 65)
5- Perfect Form body armour, level 65. Not mandatory.
6- Ashes of the Star amulet. Can be expensive. Wait to be in yellow or early red maps.

In yellow maps, start to stack the Low Tolerance notables in medium cluster jewels, that you will socket in either 8pts large clusters, or 5 or 7pts Voices unique clusters.

If you can, replace your Rebuke sword with a better rare sword.

In PoB, you now have a built-in search engine to find better items, which will generate search links in official trade.
Rahsaan's Workshop, a post to showcase a dozen of my home-made builds : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3432443
@Lumbai Give the new video a watch or turn to page 27 of the thread. You'll see that rahsaan dropped Grace for Flesh and Stone as it was nerfed. He is using Vaal Grace though, which is an activated spell that doesn't reserve mana unlike regular Grace aura so we put Flesh and Stone in Alpha Howl to make use of the mana reservation mod since Vaal Grade isn't. This should help alleviate mana issues. Seeing how rahsaan has Grace in the helmet supported with Enlighten though, I assume we aren't to use Grace until we acquire corrupted Alpha Howl and Enlighten.

I'm currently doing fine without a corrupted Alpha Howl and no Grace, 184 mana unreserved. I did add Second Wind Support to Ambush and Void Manipulation support to Whirling Blades (extra Ambush charge and Void Manipulation ensures I can do ele reflect maps) so if I need to alleviate mana pressure, I could just drop those gems.
Last edited by TriGear on Aug 19, 2024, 2:55:30 PM
Great video update Rashaan, cheers mate.

I do have to say though, on two 5 passive voices now with 6 medium clusters, got the bino's replaced rebuke, got the awakened gems (though still leveling) all 20 quality, profane proxy, ashes, the whole shebang, still feeling squish like all hell and while the damage is generally okay for mapping, I tried two t17's and just get wrecked. Not using the tincture for now, but yeah. Oh also, I do still need to get my uber lab 🤡 but I hate running lab so I'm postponing it as much as I can xD

Curious to see what you come up with on the perfect agony set up. I was toying around with using Mathil's POB and yours and combining them a bit, but ends up with like half eHP from what we have now, so not ideal either. Damage does sky rocket though, if you manage to fill all of the 6 medium cluster slots with 4 stat crit multi jewels (which are gonna be very expensive I reckon).

I do recommend checking out his POB though. He went CI with it and there's some interesting choices he made, perhaps there's some things to pick out from there.

EDIT
After this post I did a few things.
1. I got my uber lab (don't ask me how many tries it took, I hate lab)
2. I got myself a corrupted Alpha's Howl
3. I got my self a tincture
4. Started actually using my Ancestral Cry

Now with these changes and what I had before as well, I'm pretty close to Rahsaan's damage. I can easily do Shaper (if I stop standing in his beams like a dumbass). Haven't had the pleasure of dropping a T17 yet, but guardians, conquerors are all pretty much 1-2 taps. Still squish city, but I guess that's what you get with a witch in melee range. I do really enjoy the build. Mapping is a lot of fun, tap a pack with Ancestral Cry, then hit Plague Bearer and just whirling blades through the map. Stop whenever PB runs out, tap a pack and on you go. Not necessarily the *best* clear, but it clears pretty well.

I think in total I've dumped maybe 15 div into this character? Alpha's Howl was a div, Ashes was at the time I bought it about a div, Perfect Form was I want to say 2 div for a 5 link and managed to 6 link it in like 5 fusings (lucky I know), all the jewels etc, probably 4-5 div all in, other gear probably 2-3 div? Gems probably like 5 div? So somewhere around the 15 div spent
Last edited by bwssoldya on Aug 21, 2024, 10:21:52 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have tried some T17, and for the moment, it is a no-go. Enemies die in one-hit, as expected, but so do I too often.

I'll need to check Mathil's version to see whether I can get more tankiness with it, but I won't have time to do it properly before next week.
Yeah no worries man, cheers for having a look. The build is quite squishy, but it is a lot of fun.

Also just wanted to let you know that Balor just posted a video with some Ward tech to add extra flat chaos, maybe something to also look into? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loD34XFI6HM
Hi Exiles,

I've just looked at Mathil's Mamba with the Trickster.
His PoB : https://pobb.in/jj26eyR9IBB-

Demo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1NzQSJnmOM

DPS : 29M. No Tincture.
(For comparison, I have 14M. With Ambush and Tincture, 20M.)

EHP : 49k, with CI, 6k ES, 100% spell suppression. No flask.
I have 50k, 60k with flasks.

He is using Perfect Agony. He gets 100% crit chance with Ungil's Harmony amulet, Twin Terrors, dual dagger and such. And then he stacks crit multi with tree and jewel (currently 700%).

He has a quite busted rare dagger, with 430 DPS and +60% crit multi against bosses.

I have tried to simulate my Mamba with Perfect Agony, Ungil amulet and his dagger, but the DPS is not better atm. I'd need a lot more crit multi.

I'll see if I can manage to use Perfect Agony and improve the DPS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info