[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Thanarchy wrote:
@Yalpe and some ppl talking about alternate qualities
1) I hesitated to pick Anomalous blood rage, how fast do you get the charges (we hit fast, but 2% chance is low..) ? Since our build is mostly (vs bosses, which is the pouint of the anomalous version) : "hit for a few second => dodge stuff while poison do its work" we won't be attacking all time ?
2) Awakened Melee Splash Support is cheap and gives more AoE (so more target hit, so more lgoh
3) Divergent Malevolence gives "increased Damage with Ailments" (basic malevolence quality = AE of aura.. !)
4) Why not Anomalous Herald of Agony ? we've already discussed it and we can agree that withering step uptime is not close to 100% vs bosses, and wayyy less when clearing ? yeah it's just a stack, but the normal herald of agony quality adds nothing ?

And @Yalpe, I see u're using Vitality, I don't get how you can get it in, u turn off Crab for it ? (vs bosses ?)

Blood rage is not very reliable. I'm testing it with my gloves more that has a chance to grant max frenzies. Even then, its not VERY reliable. I'd say its not worth the price. I would consider anomalous fortify and multistrike strict upgrades however. Anomalous withering step is also a requirement.

Vitality combined with the watcher's eye grants life on hit that I lose with Void Fangs. It is 100% not required if you play with Imperial Claws. With everything turned on I have 56 mana left over.

Last edited by Yalpe on Feb 16, 2021, 7:01:50 AM
"
I am using Anomalous Withering Step, even unlinked it has a cd of 3 seconds and a withered time of 4.2 seconds.

I think there's something I didn't understand in the build: the goal of WS is _only_ to abuse the "Inflicts (4-6) Withered Debuffs the first time each Enemy enters the Area" line ?

- Just to be sure (can't confirm with game soon enough), WS buff dies even if we cast PS or VS ?

- If so, that means the goal of WS is solely to be some kind of "self cast Wither AoE", like a self cast Despair would do ?

I'm also using WS on left click because I thought the goal was to spam it as much as possible, I'm starting to wonder if it was a good decision (had normal Molten Shell before and I'm considering moving back to this)
"
Moussx wrote:
"
I am using Anomalous Withering Step, even unlinked it has a cd of 3 seconds and a withered time of 4.2 seconds.

I think there's something I didn't understand in the build: the goal of WS is _only_ to abuse the "Inflicts (4-6) Withered Debuffs the first time each Enemy enters the Area" line ?

- Just to be sure (can't confirm with game soon enough), WS buff dies even if we cast PS or VS ?

- If so, that means the goal of WS is solely to be some kind of "self cast Wither AoE", like a self cast Despair would do ?

I'm also using WS on left click because I thought the goal was to spam it as much as possible, I'm starting to wonder if it was a good decision (had normal Molten Shell before and I'm considering moving back to this)

Yes you use it sort of as a self cast curse. Its better to manually trigger it to ensure that its used at the right time.
I checked some times ago Anomalous fortify but as I understand it, it's 4% increase effect of -20% phys dmg taken ?
tho : 20*1.04 = 20.8, and poe round it at 20% ? and even if it's 21%, -1% phys dmg taken isn't game breaking too
Am I missing something ?
"
Thanarchy wrote:
I checked some times ago Anomalous fortify but as I understand it, it's 4% increase effect of -20% phys dmg taken ?
tho : 20*1.04 = 20.8, and poe round it at 20% ? and even if it's 21%, -1% phys dmg taken isn't game breaking too
Am I missing something ?

Its not only phys, its all damage from hits. Its not much but as many things in this build, it all adds up. I would not prioritise this upgrade but if you have the currency, there's no reason not to.
Yeah I get that, but we agree it's only 1% gain or Im wrong ?
and when I do the maths, I'm not even sure it's 1% because as I said, with 4% it gives 20.8% reduced damage from hits, and 20.8% = 20% for poe's engine ?
It might matter to be on the top of the DPS ladder. It looks like elevated -X% chaos res hunter helmet mod is doing a lot of work there
"
Moussx wrote:
It might matter to be on the top of the DPS ladder. It looks like elevated -X% chaos res hunter helmet mod is doing a lot of work there

It does. I'm TheAgonistRitualPS on there.
Does pestilent strike has any benefits of using HH for faster mapping?
Awesome build!

Any suggestion on finding an ilvl 85 hunter influence helmet with enchant? I assume Enchanted Fossil because I didnt see any on trade yet with withering step.

Just FYI, flask charges with critical strike makes bosses a joke with this attack speed (permanent uptime).
Last edited by ChaosDMG on Feb 16, 2021, 2:30:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info