Animation Feedback

"
Ari wrote:
Snip
hydris- the character selection animations i'm not happy with over all but we're going to have to wait to get a rig overhaul before getting a chance to improve them. the witch one specifically is tricky because it's kind of hard to to convey 'magicalness' without effects etc.

thanks again for the encouragement and feedback

One Idea is to put in a target dummy or something and have each class step forward and do an attack on it?

Then the Marauder can just Bonk it with his club (making it shake),
The Ranger put a few arrow in it,
The Witch flings some piece of powerful magic at it leaving it frozen?
As for the hybrids hmm maybe have:
the Duellist do three strikes with no shakes.
the Templar do one strike and a weaker magic bolt no freeze.
The unrevealed class well 2 hits and a magic blot.

^ Problem solved?
Kotli- Thats a nice idea but logistically its quite complicated.
animator
"Where there is a stubborn fellow, there is a way"

-Democatai 2011 BC PoE Time-
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
the duelist feels like he's got no gravity working on him. you should really try just to watch normal people do what you are trying to animate, to make it look real. no one ever sings a sword like that and also not always in the same fashion. there needs to be a bit of randomization. blizzard always did a fantastic job on character animation. especially movement. that's the way to go. there's some basic physics in the movement and it seems you pretty much ignored that.

from what i've seen this is ESPECIALLY bad in the character seleciton screen. every character moves completely effortless. there's not enough breathing and weapons should be heavy. at the moment, everything seems to be of the same weight.
"
eNTi wrote:
there's not enough breathing and weapons should be heavy. at the moment, everything seems to be of the same weight.

^Except for the witch. She weighs nothing!

I wish I could spin around in the air like that..
I swear to god if you ask me for a beta key you will get a severe tongue lashing. Cheers!
"
eNTi wrote:
the duelist feels like he's got no gravity working on him. you should really try just to watch normal people do what you are trying to animate, to make it look real. no one ever sings a sword like that and also not always in the same fashion. there needs to be a bit of randomization. blizzard always did a fantastic job on character animation. especially movement. that's the way to go. there's some basic physics in the movement and it seems you pretty much ignored that.

from what i've seen this is ESPECIALLY bad in the character seleciton screen. every character moves completely effortless. there's not enough breathing and weapons should be heavy. at the moment, everything seems to be of the same weight.

thanks for the critique. The animations are a constant work in progress the duelists animations are currently being revised.
animator
The animations are good for the most part, however they do seem a little stiff in some areas.

An example is the duelist running/swinging his two handed weapons. The weapons don't feel like the have any weight to them - he hits his target and stops, there is no follow-through. He's tearing through enemies, and it should look like it.

The undead-zombie looking enemies are also a little stiff. The way they walk towards you feels a little stale.

This is only what I've seen so far. Everything else looks pretty great, keep up the good work guys!!
I don't know if this has been mentioned but its a small matter.

I just noticed that when the Cursed Spawn (or any other variant of these guys for that matter) move, they leave behind ripples that you see in water when someone swims through smoothly with no splashes. I don't really know how else to explain it but I thought it was kind of wierd cause there were no large amounts of water in the area to have that effect.

Just a small nitpicky thing...
"
Negamill wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned but its a small matter.

I just noticed that when the Cursed Spawn (or any other variant of these guys for that matter) move, they leave behind ripples that you see in water when someone swims through smoothly with no splashes. I don't really know how else to explain it but I thought it was kind of wierd cause there were no large amounts of water in the area to have that effect.

Just a small nitpicky thing...

Thats an effect thing but its meant to be like that. It looks kind of lame when you have squid things not leaving a watery trail. The cave areas will get more puddles on the ground and so on once we have better water tech.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but the character animation in the character creation screen is ridiculously long, particularly when they walk back before the next character walks up. It's around 5 seconds between when I click the next character and when they actually start to come forward. It seems like a large unnecessary delay.

I hate to compare the two since pretty much everyone does even though I suppose it's for the best in some ways, but I would much prefer it to be more like D2's class selection. As soon as you click one, they start to walk forward while the other is still walking back. It may take a revamp of how the screen is set up, but as a first impression to the game it makes it feel very clunky right off the bat imo.
Last edited by Notajoo on Nov 15, 2011, 6:03:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info