0.10.2 successfully deployed and next week's skill preview

Can we have new shield skill plz :S ?
I love using shield but there are not to much choices.

anyway,cyclone is really cool!well done
The most important and urgent fix is the improve of the loot timer. If someone have a slower computer or lagging, the actual timer isnt really enough.

Please improve the loot timer at least 1 second, or max 2, it will be pretty decent and enough. Otherway we cant do "Loot do name" runs, since everyone steal 90% of the time. Thats kinda ruining the game experience with some groups...
I would hpe they respond on the loot timer request but that has been a complaint
ever since it was introduced many months ago. Prior to that no timer at all.

IMO, it is too short by far.
I simply don't run with public groups as a rule because of it.

If I know someone I'll gladly run with them once I learn they are one of the good fair
minded folk not out to screw the other guy.

But as I'm not seeing people I know well on I don't team much. SOlo is it and I
pay a huge gaming fun penalty as a result as in regard to loot quality.

I've seen 1 unique since I've been playing open beta and two characters are 50ish.

Why? Because I have to solo as playing with jack ass's just ruins my day and having
to constanly scan loot drops rather than just playing is not my idea of a good time.

Good luck getting GG to realize their error.

Been at them for many months on this as well as many others. Grinding Gear does not seem to
think it is a legit issue.

Yet.

CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
The purpose of the loot timer is to allow those further away from there loot to be able to go and claim it, not as a way of distributing loot.

Saying this, however, I do not think that the loot timer takes into account lag, people standing right ontop of loot (and not allowing people to get it at all), and lastly be so far away that even running none stop will let you be able to get a hold of it.

It would be nice if the timer toke into account of the players latency at the time of the drop, and that reaching loot through players were also possible. I think if these two issues were fixed, there would be a lot less complaints.

At the end of the day however, if you wish to get the loot you want, run with people you know... and be happy that at least there is a timer on loot. Diablo 2 didn't have at timer at all :O
IGN JimansNotSummoner
"
Buzi wrote:

Been at them for many months on this as well as many others. Grinding Gear does not seem to
think it is a legit issue.

Yet.

I play with 200 MS all the time, and looting is not a problem for me. Just stay near the fight, you don't have to be on top of it. If something drops just spam click it... it's really not that hard.

I've met several people that I have on my friends list that are friendly and when we group there are no ninjas. I mostly solo too, and I suspect if you wanted to actually meet people to group with that are nice, it wouldn't be that hard.

Edit: GGG has addressed the issue, saying they like the way it is run. Please, stop whining, stop trying to turn this into main stream games that the players get every single thing they want, as long as they whine about it enough.

Look at UO and Diablo 2. Were there little carebear timers on loot in those games? No. A lot of people would also say that those two games, while not polished or made for the masses of whiners out there, were a couple of the best games ever.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Mar 11, 2013, 2:33:18 AM
"
henryfly wrote:
Can we have new shield skill plz :S ?
I love using shield but there are not to much choices.

Agreed 100 %. Give the guys that like to use the shield some love GGG. Anyway great to see I get another option for my Firewitch to play with and can't wait to make a Cyclone Marauder.
A shield skill would be awesome. I can imagine a PBAOE knockback. Make a good setup for Shock Nova positioning. Or a good emergency skill to get melee off your back. And could be used as a clutch interrupt. So many possibilities with shield skills.
Last edited by Redfeather_1975 on Mar 11, 2013, 8:59:00 AM
"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

I play with 200 MS all the time, and looting is not a problem for me.

if i play on the american server as european i sometimes have difficulties getting my items in time (200-300ms and personal slow reaction time) but if the exp bonus is good and it's fun playing it's worth the loss.
meanwhile i only play ffa parties because i can't stand the whining and accusations if an item is grabbed by someone or a drop lies down where nobody knows whom it belongs to.

"
PhreEkGarden wrote:

I've met several people that I have on my friends list that are friendly and when we group there are no ninjas.

same, if you know some people better you just share the loot in a private party.

and actually, if you really want an item in a ffa party you better not spam-click as suggested but click and hold until you got the item.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
OMG I can't wait for the Cyclone skill!!! That will make my Duelist complete! ;D
As always, keep up the great work GGG!
(We need some build of the week videos ;p)
finally getting a whirlwind skill, awesome guys! gj!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info