Puncture

it won't update the percent but the damage is being boosted as you are calculating.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
it won't update the percent but the damage is being boosted as you are calculating.

Then why doesn't it update the tooltip? I mean, its a pretty simple thing. We're not talking about showing a flat number, since it doesn't make sense as it cannot predict enemy armour. This, however, is simply taking 1 multiplier from the passive tree and modifying the existing percentage on the skill, which has only 20ish permutations anyway.
It looks like according to the wiki that the skill gem leveling progression contains increased physical damage (not weapon physical damage or projectile damage). If this is correct, does the bleed (in addition to the original damage) scale from this? In other words, level 20 bleeding damage is 29.0% with 76% increased physical damage. Does the 76% increased physical damage further buff the bleed, like the cruel Oak passive or rustic sash implicit modifier? If so, is anyone thinking of using empower with this. I am thinking of using puncture + life leech + physical attack damage + increased crit strikes + increased crit damage + empower. It's not a huge support multiplier (a little less than 25% more dmg), but I'm not sure what else you could use to buff this.
Recent tests of other people suggested that physical damage does in fact not increase the DoT part of puncture for whatever reason.

If feel like it should though, considering other DoTs work that way and the patch notes also imply that physical damage should increase bleeding damage, as it is physical damage over time.
IGN: DatInternet
"
Illypsus_BLoB wrote:
Example, if the mob is supposed to bleed for 10.0% of the initial hit per second, and I spec in 9% increased dot, the mob should now bleed for (10*1.09=10.9%), and yet there is literally no change in my tooltip display.

How Puncture's percentages and the passive increases to DoTs work is like this:

You hit for 200 physical.
10% is the base stationary bleed (or whatever percent your level has).
So the base bleed is 20.
This 20 is what is now scaled by the DoT passives.
So you get 21.8/sec bleed happening from one 9% increase.

So yeah, essentially same result...
Not sure why tooltip doesn't display it

(Edit: it may be due to Vulnerability. If the tooltip showed a higher bleed % (in my case for lvl 17 puncture with 81% inc DoT = 38.9% + 194.9% when moving) then technically Vuln should act as a "more" on it, since your tooltip would say "Targets bleed for x% per second". By showing the base %, Vuln is acting as intended, which is increased DoT).
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
Last edited by Rufus82 on Dec 21, 2013, 11:14:51 AM
On another note, this skill has got a lot of love with recent changes.
My crit-puncture Shadow was fun before, but sorta slow.
Now we have:
DoT passives
Phys Proj Support
Harbinger with crit implicit

I can't dual curse (would have to give up too much to use the ring), so I crit weakness a rare or boss, once the crit has landed (I have some fire damage to help see when this happens), I curse with Vuln. The life drops ridiculously quick.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
"
Rufus82 wrote:

(Edit: it may be due to Vulnerability. If the tooltip showed a higher bleed % (in my case for lvl 17 puncture with 81% inc DoT = 38.9% + 194.9% when moving) then technically Vuln should act as a "more" on it, since your tooltip would say "Targets bleed for x% per second". By showing the base %, Vuln is acting as intended, which is increased DoT).

That is still no reason for it not to show on the tooltip. It is sheer laziness.
"
Xybb wrote:
Recent tests of other people suggested that physical damage does in fact not increase the DoT part of puncture for whatever reason.

If feel like it should though, considering other DoTs work that way and the patch notes also imply that physical damage should increase bleeding damage, as it is physical damage over time.

Really physical damage does not increase bleeding damage? This is a bug if this is the case. I felt that they devs clearly stated that fire dmg would increase burning, chaos dmg would increase viper strike or poison arrow, and physical would increaase bleeding. Now weapon physical damage shouldn't increase physical damage but the Oak passive in cruel mode, the scion talent, and rustic sash implicit mod SHOULD all buff physical damage right?
Last edited by Zindax on Dec 21, 2013, 2:42:51 PM
"
Zindax wrote:
"
Xybb wrote:

Really physical damage does not increase bleeding damage? This is a bug if this is the case. I felt that they devs clearly stated that fire dmg would increase burning, chaos dmg would increase viper strike or poison arrow, and physical would increaase bleeding. Now weapon physical damage shouldn't increase physical damage but the Oak passive in cruel mode, the scion talent, and rustic sash implicit mod SHOULD all buff physical damage right?

No way to find out, because *ahem* GGG doesn't put it in their tooltip.

There is also no real way to find out except unlimited testing in game.

I mean, when you've just pushed out a major patch that allows DOT damage to be scaled and added DOT damage passives to the skill tree, updating the way the tooltip works for one of the THREE non-fire DOT skills in the game should be the last thing on your minds. I mean, who'd notice that?
"
Illypsus_BLoB wrote:
"
Zindax wrote:
"
Xybb wrote:

No way to find out, because *ahem* GGG doesn't put it in their tooltip.

There is also no real way to find out except unlimited testing in game.

I mean, when you've just pushed out a major patch that allows DOT damage to be scaled and added DOT damage passives to the skill tree, updating the way the tooltip works for one of the THREE non-fire DOT skills in the game should be the last thing on your minds. I mean, who'd notice that?

Tooltips haven't worked for over a year. It's a free game and I feel completely justified getting off of their back for something like a tooltip. That being the case, I agree that the UI is not very good. There is no recount and the tooltip being flawed is all we have. However, As long as they (GGG) do what they say they are going to do, I am happy. This is a tremendously complicated and fun talent tree combined with a multitude of skills and supports and I really feel that my builds are unique and special. That being said, it is my understanding that physical damage from the sources that I listed SHOULD augment bleeding damage.
Last edited by Zindax on Dec 21, 2013, 5:30:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info