[3.5] Solo Smite Mjölner LL 7-9 Aura Guardian (Shaper, Uber Elder down on a 4 Link)

"
"
elendil_ wrote:
hey there,

i just wanted to switch to the 9 aura version. i am sitting here already for about 2 hours trying to figure out why it is not working.... i bought 2 jewels with 1% reduced mana reservation and corrupted one myself. and it is still not working. i added another jewel with 2% reduced mana reservation and i am still not able to wear all auras, at least wrath and vitality is working with the new 2% one..

please please help me...what am i missing out? can´t find my fail!! -.-

Imported your char to PoB. What I see:
- Remove clarity from blood magic
- Use a level3 Enlighten with your 3 purities

Thx for the answer. Solved my problem.. i bought 2 Enlightens lvl 3 and was able to turn on all the auras now!
"
CptCalamari wrote:
Hi,
first of all let me thank you for this awesome guide. Easy to understand, yet enough complexity to make things fun.
I am using basically your build (had a few personal tweeks while progressing but my lategame is pretty similar to yours) for betrayal league.
It is doing great.

I would be glad if you found the time to comment on my current state and maybe give advice on 3.5 adjustments to make? Since Mjölner now allows 0,15s Atk Times (with all buffs i got like 0,14) I guess we can ignore Ball Lightning?
And what would be your changes to the build when it comes to (uber) Aziri?
Just beat the Shaper recently and now crawling my way to Uber Elder (gonna be my first time)
Current items (lvl 94 - 9 auras):

(that accuracy craft.. IKR? waiting for another double veil attempt so dont mind it)

THanks again for your time to make this guide and to keep an eye out on people replying on this thread. Nice work!

Additionally: I'd be interested whether you counted the Vaals you used? I stopped at some point... :D

Sorry for the late response.
I imported your char to PoB and had a look.
Gear is pretty dope and your char looks strong.
Only a few minor suggestions :
- You can save 1 point (and use it for e.g. Arcane Vision) if you connect the top part of the tree via the left side where elemental overload is.
- In PoB it says you are sitting at 89% hit chance and 6.35 aps (without onslaught as it is not reliable for bosses). I would add a 20% quality culling strike to Smite as it ups your aps to 6.61 and culling helps a lot on high hp enemies. More accuracy would be nice for bosses as well...
- The only improvements gear wise would be helm enchant for more dmg, Mjoelner % attack speed and an even better rare ring.
- I would drop holy relic and try to link flame golem with arcane surge. If you manage to get Mjoelner with attack speed you could also try dropping Ancestral Protector and add increased duration to arcane surge or save 1 point at the minion wheel (2x 4% attack speed to 1x 10% dmg).
- Level 21 gems is also an option to improve your damage.

Cheers & a happy new year!

"
murasam3 wrote:
Quick question, I'm unable to turn on as many Aura's as the videos posted above (7 Aura version). Granted my gems are a bit lower level and I am level 70.

Can't run a few of the auras because it says I haven't got enough mana/life. (Not enough life for haste, mana for Herald of Thunder).

Does it come with levels (I see some mana nodes missing, 2 nodes to be precise, I'm guessing that solved my HoT issue, not sure how to get life for Haste though) or is it my itemization?

Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, just trying to understand the build more (First time playing a build with so many auras)

Thank you.

You are probably missing some of the "% reduced mana reserved" nodes on the tree. If you can't figure it out report back and I'll look at your char.
I just wanted to give a brief write-up of my thoughts so far of this build.

This is my first actual full league in PoE and i've tried many different classes and builds (you can see by my profile). This build is by far the most fun I've had with any of the builds i've tried thus far.

I think the startup investment for decent gear totaled about 2 EX and that's because I was impatient while trading. I think the startup gear could be obtained for 1.5 EX at the current league rates.

The build itself reminds me of Diablo 2's paladin. With all the different aura's, the shield charge, and zeal, it's great. Diablo 2 Zeal Paladin is my favorite class build of any game, with this now overtaking it.

For map clearing thus far, it has been very quick (i'm sure there are other builds that are faster map clears). My single target DPS started off somewhat lackluster, but now lower tier bosses melt and uber Izaro was a joke. I think this build could be an excellent uber lab runner as well.

As you can see from my gear, it's not the best, but it's a build that I am planning on investing in and upgrading my gear and getting the penultimate corruptions.

All-in-all 10/10, thank you for the great build!!!!!!
"
Rhaiden87 wrote:

This is my first actual full league in PoE and i've tried many different classes and builds (you can see by my profile). This build is by far the most fun I've had with any of the builds i've tried thus far.

I think the startup investment for decent gear totaled about 2 EX and that's because I was impatient while trading. I think the startup gear could be obtained for 1.5 EX at the current league rates.

The build itself reminds me of Diablo 2's paladin. With all the different aura's, the shield charge, and zeal, it's great. Diablo 2 Zeal Paladin is my favorite class build of any game, with this now overtaking it.

For map clearing thus far, it has been very quick (i'm sure there are other builds that are faster map clears). My single target DPS started off somewhat lackluster, but now lower tier bosses melt and uber Izaro was a joke. I think this build could be an excellent uber lab runner as well.

As you can see from my gear, it's not the best, but it's a build that I am planning on investing in and upgrading my gear and getting the penultimate corruptions.

Thx for the great feedback!
Your characters are not public you might want to change that so we can have a look.
"
"
Rhaiden87 wrote:

Thx for the great feedback!
Your characters are not public you might want to change that so we can have a look.

Fixed that, profile is public now.
With the new Mjolnir, Ball Lightning isn't recommended anymore with more than 6 APS?
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
kodr wrote:
With the new Mjolnir, Ball Lightning isn't recommended anymore with more than 6 APS?

Afaik it’s 150ms so 6,66 aps and I would only use arc below that.
If your aps is much higher you could try ball lightning.
But you should also factor our chance to hit which is aprox 90%.
Love your build so much.

I just want to share something I have tried to improved our strong.

I tried to use Vaal RF on the build by socketed it on a good rare unset ring, so I didn’t sacrifice any skill gem. And result is very good, it boost a lot of dmg to arc, but I allmost die when I use it in front of op sindicate member like Tora (with 3 stars in red tier map). I might use it again if I have over 10k es (now 7.6k).

Another thing I just tried, and I love it so much is Animated guardian. It give you 15% dmg from Leer cast, 10% move ment speed from Victario’s flight, 25% reduced enemies movement speed from Singularity, and enfeeble on corrupted glove. Now I just think about give Animated gaurdian aoe atk by use melee splash for aoe curse, but I think I like to save my socket to use portal, so now that cursed on hit still not make much benefit to me.

It’s just idea that I tried, I haven’t cavculat it on PoB, so It might worst than normal, but I hope it will help. XD
Last edited by tavitsri on Dec 29, 2018, 11:04:22 PM
Just duplicated one, my bad.
Last edited by tavitsri on Dec 29, 2018, 11:08:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info