[0.11.0] Etup's EK Build

Hello Etup :)

Here are my two dumb questions.

1 - What made you go heading to Iron reflexe ? Is that impossible to run this build with a full Armour gear ? Or its because you wanted some flexibilities and, for sure, being able to equipe that Godly Head you are wearing ? And for gloves ?
What about that ?

2 - Is Iron Grip working with EK since its a projectile spell ? Or its definitly working only with Melee / Ranged "Attacks" excluding Spells ? have you tried to see if the description was incomplete ? And what about using Point Blank since you are tanking almost the time while standing close to mobs that you don't really fear ? Because you would still be able to distracte Mobs with totem aggro ?

Thank you & Cheer up !
"
Madhibiki wrote:
Hello Etup :)

Here are my two dumb questions.

1 - What made you go heading to Iron reflexe ? Is that impossible to run this build with a full Armour gear ? Or its because you wanted some flexibilities and, for sure, being able to equipe that Godly Head you are wearing ? And for gloves ?
What about that ?

2 - Is Iron Grip working with EK since its a projectile spell ? Or its definitly working only with Melee / Ranged "Attacks" excluding Spells ? have you tried to see if the description was incomplete ? And what about using Point Blank since you are tanking almost the time while standing close to mobs that you don't really fear ? Because you would still be able to distracte Mobs with totem aggro ?

Thank you & Cheer up !

Im not Etup, but i think I can answer ur questions :)
1. Armor from evasion gear with IR will always be much higher than from pure armour gear. But even if u use armour gear it's still worth it to use IR with Grace, coz it gives a huge chunk of armour by itself.
2. Both passives work only for attacks, which EK is NOT.
In game nick: Chillchilla
I've been leveling this build past few days and got to 50+. Great build without constant fear of dying to lag or desync.

Passive Tree before 50 lvl
With two +30 dex nodes needed for leveling EK\Grace\Haste. After hitting Golem's blood(around 50 lvl) i've refunded points from +30 dex nodes and got +10 dex nodes on the way to +15% resits and Iron Reflexes.

Passive Tree on 51 lvl

BM gem and 4 auras from 30 lvl:

EK + Iron Will + BM + Faster Casting: 1-2 shotting mobs

Auras from mana with Reduced Mana:
- Vitality: to sustain life for EK spam, before the last HP regen nodes in templar\duelist areas
- Haste (can be swapped with Purity\Determination for additional resists\armor)
- Hatred

- Grace: with BM gem swap, reserving from HP

Leveling Purity and Determination. Vitality gonna be swapped with Determination after getting Iron Reflexes and the last HP nodes in ranger area. Purity gonna be used when Reduced Mana is high enough lvl to sustain 1 30% and 3 40% auras, or just swapped with Haste.

Enfeeble or Vulnerability with second BM gem.
Endurance Cry with second BM gem or just with the last drops of mana after all reserving auras.
Last edited by z3tsu on Apr 3, 2013, 8:30:16 AM
Thx you ChillChilla.
I wanted a confirmation on this point.
And yea, it was kinda late and i have completly forgot about Grace lol :)

Thx again ;)
This is my current spec at Level 67 (With 1 point unspent currently);

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGYUaOBpVIWAkqiftKS4ppTWGNug26TqzOtg9_ECgQ5xKfU3YUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZp5noHC7dO108XrvfLiBb4Tvh3aMdozPkAqQVZ2qnjyeuZ7NogCnMKeErKq5zbndwBrG2NIh1I_ZYd0N42rnUuw47w7wH_Iv8932SPba-tL8xQ==

Do you think it's worth it to start heading towards the middle 9 HP Nodes, go around them and respec the points near BM Node? Or should I just keep going up towards Top HP Nodes and then down to Inner Force.

Current Stats:
10k Armour
4k Hp
237Lps w/ Vit Aura
1.7k~ EK
80% @res
-33 Chaos

Vitality
Determination
Hatred
Grace

Basically trying to do this;
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDq0UTRjbGS4ZhRo4IWAkqiftKS4ppTWGNuk6szrYPfxAoEOcSn1N2FBQVElYY1ivWfNbr18_YEthIWaeZ6Bwu3TtdPF673y4gW-E74d2jHaMz5AKkFWdqp48nrmiAKeErKq5zbndwBrG2NSP2WHdDeNq51LsOO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj22vrS_MXE9jwtxq63Pnq4rpO18qlueA2-igHc4ur-CvJF52OmVzrhiPFN46xZ_o8=

Edit: I could also Unspec the 2 Mana Reserve nodes because I don't have High enough Reduced Mana gem to run 3 40s+Hatred yet.
Last edited by Phatty2phat on Apr 4, 2013, 7:08:10 PM
"
Phatty2phat wrote:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGYUaOBpVIWAkqiftKS4ppTWGNug26TqzOtg9_ECgQ5xKfU3YUEdQUFRJVw1YY1ivWfNbr18_YEthIWSjZp5noHC7dO108XrvfLiBb4Tvh3aMdozPkAqQVZ2qnjyeuZ7NogCnMKeErKq5zbndwBrG2NIh1I_ZYd0N42rnUuw47w7wH_Iv8932SPba-tL8xQ==

Do you think it's worth it to start heading towards the middle 9 HP Nodes, go around them and respec the points near BM Node? Or should I just keep going up towards Top HP Nodes and then down to Inner Force.

Current Stats:
10k Armour
4k Hp
237Lps w/ Vit Aura
1.7k~ EK
80% @res
-33 Chaos

Vitality
Determination
Hatred
Grace

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswUtDq0UTRjbGS4ZhRo4IWAkqiftKS4ppTWGNuk6szrYPfxAoEOcSn1N2FBQVElYY1ivWfNbr18_YEthIWaeZ6Bwu3TtdPF673y4gW-E74d2jHaMz5AKkFWdqp48nrmiAKeErKq5zbndwBrG2NSP2WHdDeNq51LsOO8O8B_yL_Pd9kj22vrS_MXE9jwtxq63Pnq4rpO18qlueA2-igHc4ur-CvJF52OmVzrhiPFN46xZ_o8=

Edit: I could also Unspec the 2 Mana Reserve nodes because I don't have High enough Reduced Mana gem to run 3 40s+Hatred yet.

I like grabbing the reduced mana cluster north east of ele adapt instead of that one - you trade 10 str for increased radius here.

Edit: Why are you running Hatred over Haste? I'm pretty sure it's better dps at our level. I'm 63, with similar stats and run haste.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Apr 4, 2013, 8:36:22 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Phatty2phat wrote:

Spoiler

Current Stats:
10k Armour
4k Hp
237Lps w/ Vit Aura
1.7k~ EK
80% @res
-33 Chaos

Vitality
Determination
Hatred
Grace

Spoiler

I like grabbing the reduced mana cluster north east of ele adapt instead of that one - you trade 10 str for increased radius here.

Edit: Why are you running Hatred over Haste? I'm pretty sure it's better dps at our level. I'm 63, with similar stats and run haste.

Hatred currently give me about 200 More DPS than Haste does, both Auras at same level.

Edit: Also I'm running Solo for the most part so the 10 Str benefits me more due to Iron Will. If I did start partying though I may be more inclined to pickup the Increased Radius node.
Last edited by Phatty2phat on Apr 4, 2013, 10:50:31 PM
"
Etup wrote:
"
BLUcorp wrote:
Just one quick question, why do you prefer Vulnerability to Projectile Weakness?

I think vulnerability is better with bear traps than proj weakness but after u get kaoms u shouldnt use vuln, i don't personally.

Trying to understand why you don't use vulnerability after getting Kaom's. Wouldn't you want to extra DPS, especially when soloing? I'm assuming you're only going to use vulnerability when you're soloing as there are better curses to use while in group. Probably something like projectile weakness or elemental weakness since most players will either be ranged or a caster of some sort.
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

IGN: _Keone
"
Phatty2phat wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
Phatty2phat wrote:

Spoiler

Current Stats:
10k Armour
4k Hp
237Lps w/ Vit Aura
1.7k~ EK
80% @res
-33 Chaos

Vitality
Determination
Hatred
Grace

Spoiler

Hatred currently give me about 200 More DPS than Haste does, both Auras at same level.

Edit: Also I'm running Solo for the most part so the 10 Str benefits me more due to Iron Will. If I did start partying though I may be more inclined to pickup the Increased Radius node.

Wow, you're right - hatred is more dps. Didn't think it would be as much as it is. I haven't even started leveling mine yet :( Oh well, am now :P
"
"
Etup wrote:
"
BLUcorp wrote:
Just one quick question, why do you prefer Vulnerability to Projectile Weakness?

I think vulnerability is better with bear traps than proj weakness but after u get kaoms u shouldnt use vuln, i don't personally.

Trying to understand why you don't use vulnerability after getting Kaom's. Wouldn't you want to extra DPS, especially when soloing? I'm assuming you're only going to use vulnerability when you're soloing as there are better curses to use while in group. Probably something like projectile weakness or elemental weakness since most players will either be ranged or a caster of some sort.

Don't think he ever solos, at least from what I see from his streams.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info