[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
MrSneakyFox wrote:

Yeah.. that's why the build creator put 'league starter' build in one of the updates, right?

I have edited this part to not be misunderstood but more importantly its printed in bolt letters at the beginning of this guide to read the FAQ. In your case especially Q1 in the FAQ.

People managed to pull off this build as their first league character of course they leveled or started out with different items/gems/skilltree. However please read the FAQ before starting this build especially if it is recommended in bolt letters at the very beginning.
Last edited by zzang on May 14, 2019, 12:25:51 PM
"
We repeated it a lot of time in this thread : this build isn't a starter league build. Some core uniques are end game boss exclusive drops. Because of this, this build cannot be considered as a league starter.
But you still can play a Guardian RF build as a starter and switch on this build latter. But honestly, it's a bit rought.

It is rough but doable. I personally love the incremental nature of leveling with RF and I did it with zzang's build, using this video as a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

It involved a lot of preparation, research and patience, to get the right items at the right time in a fresh league, plan the transitions, etc. But when I finally bought the Chayula amulet as the last "core" item and was sitting at 10k ES, the satisfaction was immense. To me this kind of experience is PoE at its finest.

So it's possible. Recommended for new players? No way. Hard? For sure. Worth it? Depends on your goals. Satisfactory? Absolutely but YMMV.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Jadran wrote:
It is rough but doable. I personally love the incremental nature of leveling with RF and I did it with zzang's build, using this video as a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

It involved a lot of preparation, research and patience, to get the right items at the right time in a fresh league, plan the transitions, etc. But when I finally bought the Chayula amulet as the last "core" item and was sitting at 10k ES, the satisfaction was immense. To me this kind of experience is PoE at its finest.

So it's possible. Recommended for new players? No way. Hard? For sure. Worth it? Depends on your goals. Satisfactory? Absolutely but YMMV.

Yeah I posted this video (and some other for life based RF leveling guide) many time in this guide. I know it well.

But 1-2 points to make it clear :
- It's not possible to play "this build" as a starter. This build is based on crossing many mechanics (mana guardian, shaper's touch build, RF, LL, aurabot, etc.). Some items are core. Playing without them will result in playing a classical LL RF build, but not "this build".
And considering those core items may come from end game boss, and have a high level requirement means this build cannot be considered as a starter by any means.
- All RF leveling gude (LL or life based) are using a list of core uniques. LL require a list much longuer than life based. Considering a build which need some core unique as "starter" is a bit arguable in my eyes.
This means you will have to go on market and buy them. When it's your starter, you may not have currency to buy them all. And probably it's better to keep your currency for something else. And you have to waste a lot of time in theorycrafting on PoB in order to balance your stats and make RF mechanics works properly (which means, not degening your ass).

For the rest, I will only say it's subjective.
Personnaly I don't have too much problems with leveling this build. But considering my knowledge of RF mechanics and this build, I think we can assume non experienced player with RF will have more difficulty with this type of leveling.
Suggesting slight modification to the skill tree
https://pastebin.com/i6eRNfRy
which only requires 2 extra Healthy Mind jewels

All other gear is the same

Original: 434.5k RF DPS, +6158 net life regen, 18133 ES, 46665 Armor
Proposed: 449.4k RF DPS, +5959 net life regen, 19187 ES, 52880 Armor

Speaking of leveling I tried leveling in Synthesis while investing 7 points in Shamanistic Fury and Ancestral Bond notables before level 41.
Haven't switched to RF until around lvl 70 but followed LLRF tree with those extra 7 points.
I decided to test various ways to level up without using much regrets when transitioning to LLRF. Since RF Tree naturally includes fire damage nodes I decided to test fire spells
I had much fun after finishing act4 getting GMP and MultiTotems and found 4L setup of SpellTotem+GMP+MultiTotems+Fireball extremely satisfying.

Next league I'll probably test BV + Herald of Ash + Avatar of Fire leveling as I believe it might be superior.
Last edited by mkdnpna on May 20, 2019, 7:01:22 PM
@LAGROSSESIMONE and zzang

I played this build several leagues ago and updated my tree here recently. I cant help but feel like the damage feels lower than it used to be. This may because of new content but would y'all see if I am missing an obvious damage or places where I could add something? The character is Crux_RF.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Cruxation on May 21, 2019, 10:27:05 PM
"
mkdnpna wrote:
Suggesting slight modification to the skill tree
https://pastebin.com/i6eRNfRy
which only requires 2 extra Healthy Mind jewels

All other gear is the same

Original: 434.5k RF DPS, +6158 net life regen, 18133 ES, 46665 Armor
Proposed: 449.4k RF DPS, +5959 net life regen, 19187 ES, 52880 Armor

Excellent contribution! One small thing id change is placing 30+ int Ancestral Knowledge into Coldhearted Calculation. This will result in ~90 less ES but roughly 15k more total dps.

"
Cruxation wrote:
@LAGROSSESIMONE and zzang

I played this build several leagues ago and updated my tree here recently. I cant help but feel like the damage feels lower than it used to be. This may because of new content but would y'all see if I am missing an obvious damage or places where I could add something? The character is Crux_RF.

Thanks in advance.

Id recommend using Malevolence instead of Determination this is the setup that i have switched to since i felt a lack of dps too. Also you can replace your sceptre by a self rolled one like

Its relativley easy to do with alt+regal compared to the benefit of more es and more damage. The rest of the gear seems pretty good i like the jewels pretty nice ones.

As soon as leagues merge id try to get some decent synthesis ES boots for more ES. Elemental Weakness on hit glove corruption could get you another DPS boost.
Last edited by zzang on May 22, 2019, 2:11:05 PM
I was trying to find a way to fit in Malevolence but losing half our Armour feels like a big loss for this build. I was even thinking about trying to buy a double watchers eye with %es regen or energy shield recovery rate and then drop vitality instead but dropping determination would be cheaper lol.

I think the crafted sceptre should be my next target. I always thought the doon was effective but a bit weak for end game. Alt spam has never been kind to me though so we’ll see how that goes!

I also wish we could drop the amulet too but stuns feel pretty bad. If we ever get stub immunity somehow another way it’ll be replaced quickly IMO. That way we could use auls uprising instead and free up another aura.

Last edited by Cruxation on May 22, 2019, 7:42:38 PM
"
Cruxation wrote:
I was trying to find a way to fit in Malevolence but losing half our Armour feels like a big loss for this build. I was even thinking about trying to buy a double watchers eye with %es regen or energy shield recovery rate and then drop vitality instead but dropping determination would be cheaper lol.

I think the crafted sceptre should be my next target. I always thought the doon was effective but a bit weak for end game. Alt spam has never been kind to me though so we’ll see how that goes!

I also wish we could drop the amulet too but stuns feel pretty bad. If we ever get stub immunity somehow another way it’ll be replaced quickly IMO. That way we could use auls uprising instead and free up another aura.

You could get Synthesis boots with unwavering stance and could use auls amulet but i think going from 52k armour to 31k isnt that bad. Chayula comes with a ton Energy shield as well. You trade ~ 10% physical damage reduction for 20% more overall damage. With the new skill tree regen and ES drastically improved which offsets the loss of armour very well especially if you having trouble with the damage - it will make uber elder 20% more easy because armour is useless in that fight.
Hi,

First of all, thanks for the cool buid and maintaining the thread (you know who you are ;)

I am revisiting the build and wanted to ask some advice on how to improve further.
Account is GrafDelver, PizzaChernobyl.

Cheers
Last edited by Grafdelver on May 23, 2019, 1:35:05 PM
There is actually a way to fit both Determination and Malevolence at a cost of significantly reduced healing (+5220 instead of +6000) while still maintaining around 19k ES, 48k armour and 580k RF dps.
Unfortunately to fit Malevolence we have to sacrifice Vitality.
Fortunately no Enlighten_4 is needed, Enlighten_2 is enough.

https://pastebin.com/MshdgQwt

Other option in this build may be switching socket #5 jewel to Transcendent mind thus reducing ES back to around 18k, RF dps to around 535k but increasing healing up to +5560.

I've seen similar approach in leaderboard but that guy was using Shavronne's Revelation to compensate Vitality aura removal. In this build we need to sacrifice one of our flask for Divination Distillate to be able to regen mana. Also 1 dex point is missing :). But this way there will be around 540k RF dps, 18.3k ES, 46k armour, and +5865 healing.

https://pastebin.com/aTm5xGvd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info