[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
updates it for 3.6, still shows standard league Shaper Stygian Vise...

Come on dude lol

He still shows some legacy items.
But you're a smart big boy, you can try to understand what we are looking for, and some viable switch, no ?

But let me help ...
On belt, we only looking for the shaper affixe "% increased ES recovery rate". It's the only mandatory affixe.
If you have an extremly good Watcher's eye, you may go for an Elder base for the "% increase Attributes" affixe.

For the base, since Stygian isn't avaible in Shaper or Elder base, you have 2 possiblity :
- Crytal belt ilvl 84. This one will provide a lot of flat ES, but at the same time it will be an expensive base. Hard to find one for cheap soon in the league. Personnaly I would not recommand this one.
- Heavy belt ilvl 84. Since we are using Shaper's Touch, the str implicit will buff your mana, which will be converted in ES, your ES, and your dps. It will provide a bit less ES than Crystal Belt, but man, heavy belt are cheap asf, and it's a bit more balanced. For Elder with %inc attribut, Heavy belt is the only good base. Way cheaper, and the str implicit will be strongly buffed by the buff.

So in short, a shaper Heavy belt ilvl 84-86 may be the best base for most of us.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 10, 2019, 7:59:28 AM
"
updates it for 3.6, still shows standard league Shaper Stygian Vise...

Come on dude lol

Thanks for the feedback i added a PoB link with league only gear in 3.6 section.

Im still at 18k ES, regen is still as good as before and dps is still there if that was your concern.

Edit: Added a bonus content video: 3.6 Hall of Grandmasters deathless.
Last edited by zzang on May 11, 2019, 9:22:51 AM
Can someone please post a non pastebin version of the 3.6 budget build? I am on Mac so do not have access to PoB as it is a windows only release.
I have also the problem, that i cant use PoB on my mac. I also play on PS4. Is it possible to make your characters public @ zzang?

Also i would appreciate it, if someone could check my character for any tipps. I can kill all guardians but have no chance at Uber Elder. What should i change? I also have only 10-11k ES.
"
VonDeepah wrote:
Can someone please post a non pastebin version of the 3.6 budget build? I am on Mac so do not have access to PoB as it is a windows only release.

"
Cl4nkilller wrote:
I have also the problem, that i cant use PoB on my mac. I also play on PS4. Is it possible to make your characters public @ zzang?

Also i would appreciate it, if someone could check my character for any tipps. I can kill all guardians but have no chance at Uber Elder. What should i change? I also have only 10-11k ES.

Hello,

i added a classical web link for tree in the 3.6 section for the 3.6 skill tree and its budget variation. Also i added a gear list for the budget tree. Please note i absolutely not recommend playing this build without PoB. The reason is buying item upgrades can be very complex and PoB tells you exactly the results in form of Energy Shield / Net Regen / Damage. I have spent lots of time in PoB making this build or checked PoB before i got item upgrades to make sure they are worth it.

Without PoB you might end up purchasing an item and it turns out its worse than your old one because you underestimated the effect of for example a mana roll. Regarding my profile its privte because im actually crafting a new build together where i may or may not release a guide therefore i dont want to leak any details.

To Cl4nkiller: Uber Elder requires quite some gear investment and dodging skills for this build. It took me a few tries to record it deathless. The most trouble are the shaper balls which tend to freeze on first hit. And if there is a lack of base damage the fight may drain you out due to degen ground. The rest is practice with the build.
Last edited by zzang on May 12, 2019, 6:16:02 AM
this is, without a doubt, the worst build to level with.

Like, I'm so mad you lied about it being a league starter. because it's not.
Last edited by MrSneakyFox on May 13, 2019, 7:31:09 PM
I decided to pick up this build for the flashback event on ps4, so far many of the build enabling items aren't available on the trade market. This has resulted in it being very hard to get into base level mapping. so I wanted to ask if any one could take a look at the current set up im running and see if theirs any suggestions for fill ins to make it viable while i wait for the recommended gear. My character tab it set to open so anyone should be able to pull it up.

PSN: K_C_G

Oh another side note is there a reason path of building isn't calculating EE and EO into the damage calculations? I noticed on the example builds toggling those nodes directly changes the damage calculations were as on mine it says no change in taking this node.
"
MrSneakyFox wrote:

Im sorry if you had a bad experience with using this build template as a league starter.
There were quite a few poeple in this long thread that managed it successfully. However even if I added a 3.6 budget league starter friendly section (which now i have rewritten to not be misunderstandable) it is still adviseable to read the full guide especially my FAQ. I refer to my FAQ Q1 in this case.

"
k_c_g wrote:
I decided to pick up this build for the flashback event on ps4, so far many of the build enabling items aren't available on the trade market. This has resulted in it being very hard to get into base level mapping. so I wanted to ask if any one could take a look at the current set up im running and see if theirs any suggestions for fill ins to make it viable while i wait for the recommended gear. My character tab it set to open so anyone should be able to pull it up.

Oh another side note is there a reason path of building isn't calculating EE and EO into the damage calculations? I noticed on the example builds toggling those nodes directly changes the damage calculations were as on mine it says no change in taking this node.

I cant comment on the Playstation Item Trade Market, usually on PC at day 3 the latest every budget unique is available for dirt cheap. In this case if you having a hard time make the build going either wait for the budget uniques to become available or try different skills for leveling.

As for EE and EO: For EE to have an effect you have to tick enemy was hit with cold or lightning damage at the bottom left in the configurations tab. EO should always be switched on automatically from my experience.
Last edited by zzang on May 14, 2019, 1:16:11 AM
"
VonDeepah wrote:

Few things to note for this :
- All unique have the lowest rolls possible (perfect low roll) ;
- Rings should always have 40+str / 40+intel / 40+ES / 40+mana.
- Ring 1 should also have cold or light flat dmg to attack affixe. Ring 2 may have ~40 dex if you have Chayula.
- The belt should always have 20+ES / 16-20% ES recovery rate / 20+ Cold res. And you should go for an Heavy belt as a base.
- Rare jewels only have %ES / %Burning dmg ;
- Purity of fire is lvl 20, Enlighten is lvl 2, Arcane Surge is lvl 7max ;
- Rest of the gems are lvl 18 ;
- Stop lvling Clarity when your unreserved mana is just enought to use Shield Charge, Storm Brand and Scorching Ray (we reserve as much mana as we can since reserved mana is converted in ES).

With all of this, you should not have lower stat than this at lvl 91. If you do, then you did something wrong, so feel free to ask some help here.

Note : With a perf low roll Shavronne, the build have 9.2k ES, and you are free to use any base of ring for the build (with lorica you have to take one Topaz ring to fullfill the missing light res from Shavronne).

"
Cl4nkilller wrote:

I would not personnaly recommand to go fighting the Uber Elder without the minium following stats :
- 14k+ ES ;
- 1k+ Net life regen (without temp buff like flask or boots enchant) /!\ "Net life regen" = your regen - RF degen, this information is only avaible on PoB and not in the ingame character sheet ;
- Knowing perfectly how to manage the fight ;
- Prepare 1 or 2 Sapphir flask ;
- All your magic flasks should have anti Freeze affixe.

This build isn't a zoom zoom build, it's quite slow, which is it's main issue. We solve the problem with a stupide number of defense layers, because we will be hit.

"
MrSneakyFox wrote:

We repeated it a lot of time in this thread : this build isn't a starter league build. Some core uniques are end game boss exclusive drops. Because of this, this build cannot be considered as a league starter.
But you still can play a Guardian RF build as a starter and switch on this build latter. But honestly, it's a bit rought.

"
k_c_g wrote:

Same as zzang, I don't think PC player can be some kind of help for Playstation maker.

But as general advice for those who still want to do a RF as a starter :
Stay life/hybride based RF until you have the core item of the build (Shaper's Touch, Memory Vault, "chaos dmg cannot bypass ES" from Lorica or Shavronne, Prism Guardian).
"
"
VonDeepah wrote:

Few things to note for this :
- All unique have the lowest rolls possible (perfect low roll) ;
- Rings should always have 40+str / 40+intel / 40+ES / 40+mana.
- Ring 1 should also have cold or light flat dmg to attack affixe. Ring 2 may have ~40 dex if you have Chayula.
- The belt should always have 20+ES / 16-20% ES recovery rate / 20+ Cold res. And you should go for an Heavy belt as a base.
- Rare jewels only have %ES / %Burning dmg ;
- Purity of fire is lvl 20, Enlighten is lvl 2, Arcane Surge is lvl 7max ;
- Rest of the gems are lvl 18 ;
- Stop lvling Clarity when your unreserved mana is just enought to use Shield Charge, Storm Brand and Scorching Ray (we reserve as much mana as we can since reserved mana is converted in ES).

With all of this, you should not have lower stat than this at lvl 91. If you do, then you did something wrong, so feel free to ask some help here.

Note : With a perf low roll Shavronne, the build have 9.2k ES, and you are free to use any base of ring for the build (with lorica you have to take one Topaz ring to fullfill the missing light res from Shavronne).

"
Cl4nkilller wrote:

I would not personnaly recommand to go fighting the Uber Elder without the minium following stats :
- 14k+ ES ;
- 1k+ Net life regen (without temp buff like flask or boots enchant) /!\ "Net life regen" = your regen - RF degen, this information is only avaible on PoB and not in the ingame character sheet ;
- Knowing perfectly how to manage the fight ;
- Prepare 1 or 2 Sapphir flask ;
- All your magic flasks should have anti Freeze affixe.

This build isn't a zoom zoom build, it's quite slow, which is it's main issue. We solve the problem with a stupide number of defense layers, because we will be hit.

"
MrSneakyFox wrote:

We repeated it a lot of time in this thread : this build isn't a starter league build. Some core uniques are end game boss exclusive drops. Because of this, this build cannot be considered as a league starter.
But you still can play a Guardian RF build as a starter and switch on this build latter. But honestly, it's a bit rought.

"
k_c_g wrote:

Same as zzang, I don't think PC player can be some kind of help for Playstation maker.

But as general advice for those who still want to do a RF as a starter :
Stay life/hybride based RF until you have the core item of the build (Shaper's Touch, Memory Vault, "chaos dmg cannot bypass ES" from Lorica or Shavronne, Prism Guardian).

Yeah.. that's why the build creator put 'league starter' build in one of the updates, right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info