Litecoin and bitcoin payments for supporter packs.

I'm going to put this out here clearly and plainly as people really don't seem to get it.

There is absolutely NO difference between MONEY and Crypto-currency. There is no separation, you can't call one a stock and one a commodity. They are both in the same, they are both generated via similar systems except one is digital and one is physical, real tangigle passable objective income. The only things that create true distinction between one thing and the other is the fact that one currency can be manipulated, changed and influenced e.g. STOCK CONTROLLERS - Huge banks, financial institutions, wealthy families (1%). The other cannot be manipulated or changed outside of it's own self sustaining and VERY careful and clear use of the words 'perceivable' value.

Ultimately money and bitcoin have as much power as the faith equal to it. You as the consumer decide which is monopoly money and which is hard dollar.

Bitcoin is obviously not a scam because people are buying small countries with it. They have been doing it for the past decade, get with the times.
Last edited by Grauthrim on Feb 18, 2018, 3:55:04 AM
"
Grauthrim wrote:
Bitcoin is obviously not a scam because people are buying small countries with it. They have been doing it for the past decade, get with the times.

Well, not for the entirety of the past decade to be perfectly fair. It was only possible when Bitcoin decided to be valuable again.

With the large costs and incredible inbalance of crypto-currency generation, I seriously doubt they're "the future of money". GPU prices have increased by up to multiple hundreds of dollars, recent releases are almost perpetually out of stock, because extremely rich people are buying them up by the shipment only to burn the GPUs down ASAP to mine crypto-currency with. This of course isn't great for the GPU market in any shape or form (unless you don't want a GPU anymore), but more relevant is that it burns a ton of energy as-is, and generates a bunch of waste in the future. Near future, mind; it doesn't take that long to completely destroy a GPU when it's running hot all the time.

In practical terms, generation is in the hands of the already-wealthy, which is insanity. I'd say that is a pretty important difference between the two forms of currency. :/

I'm glad I don't have to live in a future where factories produce waste material and burn up the final bits of Earth's limited resources, just to generate money. At least humanity of today has a more efficient method than that.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 18, 2018, 6:04:18 AM
Cadiro is only interested in Peranduscoins,
Chris is only interested in Souls,
and you can buy stuff with GGGold in the MTXshop too !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Grauthrim wrote:
There is absolutely NO difference between MONEY and Crypto-currency.

the use government's money use is enforced by the state raising taxes in that currency which results in people having to get their hands on that currency. try not paying taxes to test that.

the use of crypto money is based on pure speculations: that the algorihm behind doesn't break and that you can get goods for that currency.

"
Grauthrim wrote:
they are both generated via similar systems except one is digital and one is physical

money is also physical and virtual, the currency issues by central banks is physical while banks create virtual money by crediting bank accounts.

the biggest difference is the availability and scaling. banks can credit any credit worthy customer with a sum they seem fit while crypto money is strongy limited in use. there are just so many bitcoins in circulation (don't know the exact number but you can't replace the current state money with bitcoin, apart from the idiocy that surrounds it's creation).

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 18, 2018, 2:15:31 PM
as a miner, let me put it this way.

Yesterday bitcoin was valued at 11,058 US dollar per 1 coin.

Today it's worth 10,466 dollars.

For no reason but cause it could, 1 bit coin lost $592 dollars worth of value.

That huge market swing aspect is what makes it act more like a stock, and less than a currency. You didn't go to your bank yesterday look at your balance and then went today and saw 500 bucks missing from your account.

"
vio wrote:
"
Grauthrim wrote:
There is absolutely NO difference between MONEY and Crypto-currency.

the use government's money use is enforced by the state raising taxes in that currency which results in people having to get their hands on that currency. try not paying taxes to test that.

the use of crypto money is based on pure speculations: that the algorihm behind doesn't break and that you can get goods for that currency.

Yeah, both are fiat currencies: they have value because people agree they have value. Part of the way that value is determined, and especially the stability of that value is determined, is by how much trust other people have that the currency will be honored.

Which is exactly why I'm fine with people using BitCoin to buy supporter packs, or private islands, or whatever the heck they want ... but I'm not going to take the risk of accepting BitCoin payments myself.

Turn it into a currency I trust first, at your risk, and then we can talk, no problem. Until we have fifty years of history, though, I'm not gonna accept the risk someone paying in BitCoin. No reason GGG, or Xsolla, or whoever, should do that either, unless they want to.

Seriously? bitcoin and litecoin these days are so expensive
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/bitcoin/usd
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/usd
i also heard transaction fees are high
This is a joke post. Right? I mean why would you pay in bitcoin, are you stupid?
"
poeFan2 wrote:
This is a joke post. Right? I mean why would you pay in bitcoin, are you stupid?

Nah, there are suckers and fools everywhere. Just look at the number of people who purchased illegal stuff with bitcoin, because they believed the "anonymous" part, and completely failed because their wallet is tied to their identity, and the transaction is in the public record forever....
^bitcoin for gaming purchases makes no sense.

however bitcoin when used appropriately is completely anonymous, only idiots with them get id'd
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info