Season One, Race Event 17: Two Hour Solo

@Sekeer: About 30 minutes prior to race start you can create a new character in the race league (from dropdown menu: default, hardcore, race)
"
Sekeer wrote:
Can some one enlighten me and tell me how to participate?. Or I just log in to game and play fully two hours straight?

30 minutes prior to the start of the event, registration will open for a new league. Once this happens, you go into character creation, and select the new league from the dropdown, as well as class/name etc.

The league will be temporary, and set up specifically for the race. You will have access to none of your items from Default or Hardcore. Any characters that die during the race get sent to Default league along with all the gear and items they are carrying, just like Hardcore. If your character makes it to the end of the race alive, it will be sent to Hardcore. Furthermore, regardless of the survivability of your characters, anything in your stash at the end of the race will be sent to special "withdraw only" tabs in your Hardcore stash.
Alright, I'm ready for this one, but I'm probably gonna die before I reach Tidal Island again.
I've read the rules and even participated (slowly, meaninglessly) in a prior race, but I wanted to clarify something. In the rules, it states:

"
In hardcore leagues, a single death can disqualify your character from prizes based on ladder placement. You are still eligible for prizes received due to completing certain objectives first.

In the list of prizes for today, there is the category titled "Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive."

So, my question is essentially this: Say I level up a character to level 10, die, and then proceed to create another character, reaching level 10 before the end of the race. Do I get two reward points for having two characters that lived to reach the level 10-15 1 Reward Point payout zone, or do I only get one Reward Point (because the first character died before the end of the race)?

I'm just not clear if the "staying alive" means until the end of the race, or whether it's to clarify that you don't get prizes if you die and are dropped out of the league but continue to play that character in the Default league during the race time.

I feel like I didn't state my question very clearly, but I hope this makes sense.
"
lutesolo wrote:
I've read the rules and even participated (slowly, meaninglessly) in a prior race, but I wanted to clarify something. In the rules, it states:

"
In hardcore leagues, a single death can disqualify your character from prizes based on ladder placement. You are still eligible for prizes received due to completing certain objectives first.

In the list of prizes for today, there is the category titled "Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive."

So, my question is essentially this: Say I level up a character to level 10, die, and then proceed to create another character, reaching level 10 before the end of the race. Do I get two reward points for having two characters that lived to reach the level 10-15 1 Reward Point payout zone, or do I only get one Reward Point (because the first character died before the end of the race)?

I'm just not clear if the "staying alive" means until the end of the race, or whether it's to clarify that you don't get prizes if you die and are dropped out of the league but continue to play that character in the Default league during the race time.

I feel like I didn't state my question very clearly, but I hope this makes sense.

the rule text you bolded refers to the prizes for the first ones to clear a zone, complete certain quests. you only get reward point based on level for 1 character, so your highest level living character at the end is what you base points on. if you have 2 living lvl10 characters at the end, expect 1 point.
"
lutesolo wrote:

"

Hey.
Only one character receives points for leveling up and yes, staying alive whole race.
But if you do stuff like Hillock first, Dweep dweller first or any of the first clear stuff, even if you die, you get the points for doing them.
Gotcha. Glad I asked. It would be nice if the rules were clarified just a little bit to make that more explicit. I'd hate to have successfully pushed a character into the 20s only to get a little risky with my play, thinking, "Well, I've already earned X Reward Points from leveling, no harm in trying to push through [thing that will probably kill me]."
can you plz fix desync? thanks. zoning into fight merveil (45min in)

port 2 screens back. 100% to ressurect before i even saw my hp go down. worst desync... shouldnt it be getting better and not worse????

its really fun dying in races halfway in when ur in the top 10-20 of your class. dying to a bug thats been around for months.. if it was my fault thats 1 thing, but this was poe killing people..
Last edited by zuj on Mar 2, 2013, 12:52:19 PM

The hope of winning is fading, desyncs constantly,

even with weapons like:

It should be easy to win, but no, desync right into a pack of melee mobs and die instantly.

Fun.
(Phermi)
A unique spectres' group in the graveyard all using flicker strike on me at the same time ends this session for me. Arg. Till the next one, have fun ppl :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info