[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

So far I have played 22 hours of this build and I have to say it does output some nice damage. My only concern is how it'll do end game with a low life pool. I'm currently level 75 with 3.5k hp and 1.7k mana. I feel like my life is too low especially at this level and I don't think MoM seem to work well when trying to sustain survivability.

Can someone take a look at my build and give me some guidelines on how I should approach end-game gear/skill tree wise.

pastebin: https://pastebin.com/scBgSH4L
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

"
Demianime wrote:

first time poe ^^ so forgive me if my question is stupid,

right now i followed ur guide more or less, and i got a question regarding the curses.
We got the CWDT with enfeeable +i use a Despair, Arcane Surge, Faster Casting and Increased duration setup.

However as i know u can only have 1 curse on the enemy, or am i wrong??

The Self-Flagellation jewel is only for curse on us right? or does the jewel mean we cna actually have 2 curses on enemies?
That's correct, we can only have one curse. The curses will overwrite each other, but the idea is that enfeeble will save you from damage spikes, while despair is additional damage on demand.

The jewel increases the curse limit enemies can apply to us, but Soul Mantle ignores that limit, so we can get every curse at once in theory.

i see, have u thought about a alternative non curse spell for despair?
Like Vaal Haste ?

Just asking ;)
IGN: Demikun
Last edited by Demianime on Mar 7, 2018, 6:54:29 PM
"
So far I have played 22 hours of this build and I have to say it does output some nice damage. My only concern is how it'll do end game with a low life pool. I'm currently level 75 with 3.5k hp and 1.7k mana. I feel like my life is too low especially at this level and I don't think MoM seem to work well when trying to sustain survivability.

Can someone take a look at my build and give me some guidelines on how I should approach end-game gear/skill tree wise.

Like him I am also starting to get a bit concerned on end game. I played this build last league as a scion and now that im a templar ive noticed the damage feels a bit weaker and also do not feel as tanky as I use to. What items do I need to help with that? Im about to get into red maps but I have already done white elder.
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
"

Like him I am also starting to get a bit concerned on end game. I played this build last league as a scion and now that im a templar ive noticed the damage feels a bit weaker and also do not feel as tanky as I use to. What items do I need to help with that? Im about to get into red maps but I have already done white elder.

Funny you guys mention this.

I am level 81 with 750 ES 4k Life and 2K mana (no uber lab yet so dont have the defensive lab yet.) and I run and facetank in t7 maps. I know its not super high levels but I have never felt this tanky with any char before.

The leach shield helps a lot though but still. I hardly ever touch my potions.

Also I have to mention I love this build this melts bosses like its no ones business.

Last edited by H4ckEyE on Mar 7, 2018, 8:45:16 PM
"
H4ckEyE wrote:

I am level 81 with 750 ES 4k Life and 2K mana (no uber lab yet so dont have the defensive lab yet.) and I run and facetank in t7 maps. I know its not super high levels but I have never felt this tanky with any char before.

Also I have to mention I love this build this melts bosses like its no ones business.

Yeah ive been farming uber lab for a good while now. The build is amazing but im getting into t10-12 maps now and im starting to feel the pain. I have 3.5k hp with 2.5kish mp and using the leech shield. Yes I am hitting like a truck but like I said, im just concerned when I get into like t15s or even guardians (which ive done last league with the scion verson).
"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
"
H4ckEyE wrote:

Yeah ive been farming uber lab for a good while now. The build is amazing but im getting into t10-12 maps now and im starting to feel the pain. I have 3.5k hp with 2.5kish mp and using the leech shield. Yes I am hitting like a truck but like I said, im just concerned when I get into like t15s or even guardians (which ive done last league with the scion verson).

You have gear with very low liferoll. You should aim for a 100life belt.boots with 80life minimum and same with the amulet. Gets jews with descent liferolls also,these all adds up and can easily make you get 4.5k.

Also, your already melting thrue shit so just respec a few dmg node for life node,its not like you need to go all out dps for trash stuff.
Not sure if anyone asked or not, but didn't feel like back tracking 60-ish pages to look for an answer.

Is it worth to aim for 21/20 on Dark Pact Gem. or a simply 21/0 is enough. Will that 10% inc area damage be a gain or not? Since bossing we swap out Inc Area Effect for Concentrated to deal more damage.
"
Demianime wrote:
i see, have u thought about a alternative non curse spell for despair?
Like Vaal Haste ?

Just asking ;)
Despair is really the least important of all the gem setups, you can replace it with anything as long as it uses mana to trigger Arcane Surge.
While Vaal Haste doesn't use mana, you replace Faster Casting with it if you want to use it.

"
hsiegfried44 wrote:
"

@Sp3rkillz In endgame, you should have around 5k/3k plus 1k ES, which is plenty. I've already done Shaper with 5-6k.
I'm not sure what exactly you think is wrong with MoM, but there are a couple of things that could cause problems:
If you think it's not doing enough, you still have Divine Guidance to go in your Ascendancy.
If you think you're running out of mana too fast, it's probably your Apep's Rage. A flask can help if you're still having trouble.

Some really important things to note about your character is that you should overcap your resists to a total of 90%. If your resists are only capped, you'll take 60% more elemental damage than you're supposed to because of elemental curses.
I also highly recommend getting a dagger/shield. The movement skill and fortify are very important for survivability.

@hsiegfried The scion build had around 6k/2k life/mana while this one has 5k/3k. The difference is that Hierophant relies more on MoM so mana rolls on gear should be something you get.

Hierophant takes a bit more damage because of some curses, but this is more than offset by having a longer Immortal Call, damage reduction from Conviction of Power and a lot higher regen rate.

If you think you need more life, you can always drop the Power Charges and get Devotion/Melding on the skill tree. The same goes for Soul Siphon with mana.

Scion and Hierophant actually do very similiar damage per totem, the difference is that Hierophant has two more (one of which is used for Wither) and faster placement speed, which makes him do more in the end.
If you feel like you're doing less, it's probably because you have worse gear/gems than your scion.

"
Shinohiko wrote:

Not sure if anyone asked or not, but didn't feel like back tracking 60-ish pages to look for an answer.

Is it worth to aim for 21/20 on Dark Pact Gem. or a simply 21/0 is enough. Will that 10% inc area damage be a gain or not? Since bossing we swap out Inc Area Effect for Concentrated to deal more damage.
The base radius of DP is 25, based on my testing.
With increased AoE, a 21/20 gem will do nothing because the extra radius just gets rounded down.
For conc. effect, I'm not sure how this is calculated because of the More Multiplier and rounding.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
it means we will use 5 dark pact totems?0o SM + 2 Asc + Ancestral + 1 Normal? or i missed smth?

and when do i need to switch for dark pact? At 72 lvl if have 2x kikazaru, SM and jewels?
Last edited by itakas1kbabe on Mar 8, 2018, 7:34:05 AM
Can we use 2 self-flagellation without clear mind ? it`s work ? in pob that give 50k over dps
And can u watch my gear, maybe i need some rework
Last edited by LifeJocker on Mar 8, 2018, 8:43:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info