[3.5] Soul Mantle Dark Pact Totems - League Starter - All Content

"
lightdarkness wrote:
i also want to know how arcane surge works with totems ?

but mainly if you go hiero is cherub unique armor good ? or do you go with a rare ?

Probably cannot beat soul mantle, also so hard to color it properly (armor/eva, at least 4 offcolor you need).
"
trueZurg wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I personally would still go for Hierophant in that case, even for a tank build.

but it will be more damage (crit) miss and still 20% of curse "unimmune"?!
It's worth it. You just have to factor in what the curses do to you and compare it.

"
lightdarkness wrote:
i also want to know how arcane surge works with totems ?

but mainly if you go hiero is cherub unique armor good ? or do you go with a rare ?
Arcane Surge buffs you, the totems use your damage stats. Therefore Arcane Surge will buff your totems.

If you somehow manage to get Arcane Surge on your totems, but not on you, it won't buff them.

The armour isn't good for the build, there are better uniques and the gem colours don't fit well either.

PoB link is now up.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Delete pls 3.2 dark pact cant use if u not have skeleton ^^
"
hakhan5561 wrote:
Delete pls 3.2 dark pact cant use if u not have skeleton ^^

What gives you that idea? The mechanic of dark pact hasn't changed. Yes, it was nerfed already a while ago but it is still strong with totems. The buff of hierophant could make it even better than it was back in 3.0.
I am really curious how you want to substantiate your argument, because i am sure you can't.
wow! you're going to create hierophant DP Totem build, gonna wait for that
hoping you'd finish it before 3.2 launch
thank you so much for this!
Thanks for the update to Templar. I have been theorycrafting this for a bit and searched your post to see the items again. Then saw you had updated it.

Edit: Forgot to mention. The Templar change should now ease up the leveling power too. Because with Ascendant you had 2 totems for a long time until Soul Mantle. But now with the normal and cruel lab each giving a totem. You already have 4 by the time you get soul mantle. So ignoring all of the other buffs that SM gives, you got 50% more totems before. Now you get 25% more when you pick up the chest item.

It is still BiS and crucial and everything. It just means that the process from lvl 30 onwards, which used to slowly curve downwards on speed and leveling power until SM, now has two extra spikes that keep you going until the end game.

I would even argue that SM and Self Flag and the two rings are even not 100% necessary to do all white tier maps quite comfortably. Allowing you to feel less pressured into buying bad versions of them "just to get going".

So this Templar buff is both a dps change, but also a massive QoL change to the build. I played it in 3.0 and am definitely playing it again in 3.2
Last edited by DeathnTaxes on Mar 1, 2018, 9:25:27 PM
So in the Cons for the build SSF is mentioned as difficult due to the specific uniques required. I just don't think it's that necessary anymore.

I played around with the PoB link for 3.2 and came up with the following:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/7T5UWgXs

If you check the Items list I lazily added a SSF version where I simply took off the uniques, left two jewels completely blank to more accurately predict the lesser quality gear, and slapped some stupid rings and a Tabula on. The result was 190k Boss DPS and 250k trash DPS with only a Diamond Flask.

I really think the buffs to Hiero have made this build very SSF friendly. I still wouldn't want to do Shaper in a Tabula and random rares, but you could clear yellow maps in your sleep and most red maps would still pose no major trouble with that kind of DPS.
Last edited by DrRuler on Mar 1, 2018, 10:08:53 PM
Here is what I managed to theorycraft up with this build. I changed the tree around only slightly which gave me an extra jewel socket but PoB has this build at an easy 700k per totem with decent items and over 900k with voidbattery\shimmeron if you feel like you can handle losing your movement skill.

https://pastebin.com/2PupNGhA

This is my league starter for sure. Late game I'll grab the aztiri shield and ditch the kikazurus for some life\chaos damage\crit rings and try and pickup those endgame jewels. The damage should about even out in terms of the rings\shield change but ill get 100% curse reduction instead of the 80%.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Mar 2, 2018, 1:11:39 AM
I am looking to try this out in Bestiary league. Can one of the experts on this thread provide a leveling layout (which skills to use from which level on, initial pathing on the tree)?
@shepuurd just found that this thread is moved to hiero. do you still happen to have the leveling trees/guide for the scion version available somewhere? was going to use that as a reference for league start tomorrow. thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info