"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
hi there Shepuuurd! I'm a fan and I love the whole concept of your Build
I was planning to follow your DP Totem Scion Guide in the coming Bestiary
but then Ascendancy changes came and now Hierophant is better as you said
now I'm having trouble what guide to follow regarding Hierophant DP Totem Build
can anyone help me please? T^T

1. what is the skill tree that i should follow regarding leveling?
2. What is the final skill tree?
3. What is the Ascendancy skill tree should I follow for Hierophant?
4. Bandits & Pantheons?
5. Gears I should get?

sorry if this is too troublesome you don't need to answer all my questions
I'm just having trouble now which one to follow since it's like my first time again playing PoE
it's been too long since I last played.

If you're planning to create a Guide for Hierophant DP Totem Build
I can just wait for that instead
There is a guide that worked in 3.1 and has no significant changes except that it's better now:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1942074

I would do the build different personally (to adapt to the changes), but it should work very well.
I'll see if I can do a guide, but it would be very basic and I can't promise that it'll be finished until the league starts.

thank yoooouuuu! much appreciated!!
Last edited by DETPYRC on Feb 28, 2018, 3:56:50 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
You can go some other routes if you want more damage/placement speed. The very basic tree should always look like this: http://poeurl.com/bMjW.

Can you resend the link? I updated the PoB and can't import it.
Last edited by drkkbr on Feb 28, 2018, 4:46:53 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

"
princessclem wrote:
@Shepuuurd, any chance you have a templar hiero path tree based on this and the chamges to the ascendancies?
http://poeurl.com/bMjV. This is roughly how I'd do it (including the Ascendancy).

You can go some other routes if you want more damage/placement speed. The very basic tree should always look like this: http://poeurl.com/bMjW.

but what about 20% of curses effects? how to handle it?
not ready to write off scion for this build jsut yet. going guardian/chieftain results in a crazy tanky build and honestly until you hit like guardian bosses i never felt like i was wanting for dps anyways, if anything i just felt squishy sometimes especially on overtuned abyss bs.

with guardian now you get on avg 4% life regen a second, curse immunity with kikazaru, and then chieftain gives you the life leech off totems so now you can just go dps based shield. plus if you carry out nodes from chieftain you can geta bout 800ish more life than the current/older tree gets you, another 2.2% life regen, and ontop of that you can pick up the diamondskin node for +15% all resists. nothing amazing but getting so much of your resists and life on your tree, means you can get by easier with scrub gear and mf focused, while the core of your build's dps (soulmantle/curse immunity/flagellation jewel interaction) stays essentially intact. if anything this variation of the build could let me save some money since jewels with life/resists tend to be pricey, whereas i think i can pick up a chaos dmg/crit jewels for a bit less,and recover some of the dps that way.

obviously if you get the atziri shield you just switch to hiero/cheiftain and rape the game but still not sure how expensive that will be.

however i have a theory bout the wording on the atziri shield - it says you are unaffected by curses, not reduced effect or immune to effect. this makes me worry that you dont actually get the curse debuff (esp since the shield also has curse reflection as well) at all when using the shield - which would mean the flagellation jewel wont work with it
Last edited by rozakk on Feb 28, 2018, 8:44:14 PM
I will start with a DP-Totem build this season and I've made an analysis with average budget gear.

Scion is still the DPS choice in my opinion, because of the possibility of using soul mantle. Hiero only has more DPS if you can also run soul mantle bevause of the 5th totem, but you will need atziris reflection so you only will get it in the endgame.
But hiero will also be more tanky and can use three endurance charges and you can use other rings.

Scion: https://pastebin.com/DnndEg4R
Hiero: https://pastebin.com/BF1Qn9gq
Hier2 (more crit instead of life): https://pastebin.com/6LnHKYzH

Both examples aren't perfect, only got few minutes before leaving and go to work. You can surely get better items and some improvements on the tree, but it was intended not to use flasks, perfect jewels and cheap and easy budget items you will get on league start.

In the late game, hiero will be the better option with five totems and alle the endurance charges. But on the long way to kill uber atziri, scion will be faster because of the damage in my opinion.
So I still don't know which class to start tomorrow... ;)
"
trueZurg wrote:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

"
princessclem wrote:
@Shepuuurd, any chance you have a templar hiero path tree based on this and the chamges to the ascendancies?
http://poeurl.com/bMjV. This is roughly how I'd do it (including the Ascendancy).

but what about 20% of curses effects? how to handle it?
You either endure it (which means getting 90% resists rather than 75%) or get the new shield.

"
rozakk wrote:
not ready to write off scion for this build jsut yet. going guardian/chieftain results in a crazy tanky build and honestly until you hit like guardian bosses i never felt like i was wanting for dps anyways, if anything i just felt squishy sometimes especially on overtuned abyss bs.

with guardian now you get on avg 4% life regen a second, curse immunity with kikazaru, and then chieftain gives you the life leech off totems so now you can just go dps based shield. plus if you carry out nodes from chieftain you can geta bout 800ish more life than the current/older tree gets you, another 2.2% life regen, and ontop of that you can pick up the diamondskin node for +15% all resists. nothing amazing but getting so much of your resists and life on your tree, means you can get by easier with scrub gear and mf focused, while the core of your build's dps (soulmantle/curse immunity/flagellation jewel interaction) stays essentially intact. if anything this variation of the build could let me save some money since jewels with life/resists tend to be pricey, whereas i think i can pick up a chaos dmg/crit jewels for a bit less,and recover some of the dps that way.

obviously if you get the atziri shield you just switch to hiero/cheiftain and rape the game but still not sure how expensive that will be.

however i have a theory bout the wording on the atziri shield - it says you are unaffected by curses, not reduced effect or immune to effect. this makes me worry that you dont actually get the curse debuff (esp since the shield also has curse reflection as well) at all when using the shield - which would mean the flagellation jewel wont work with it
It's definitely not bad.

I said earlier that Chieftain is essentially a Trolltimber Spire, so you could compare a Hierophant with that shield to a Chieftain/Hiero Ascendant with a damage shield (or Atziri's Reflection, but that's more complicated).
I personally would still go for Hierophant in that case, even for a tank build.

There are already sources of "unaffected by ...". It essentially means 100% less effect of curses on you. The debuff will still be on you and you get the bonus from Self-Flagellation.
Being Immune is what removes the debuff (see warding flasks).
Yes, that means we were technically never immune.

"
ranzbert wrote:

I will start with a DP-Totem build this season and I've made an analysis with average budget gear.

Scion is still the DPS choice in my opinion, because of the possibility of using soul mantle. Hiero only has more DPS if you can also run soul mantle bevause of the 5th totem, but you will need atziris reflection so you only will get it in the endgame.
But hiero will also be more tanky and can use three endurance charges and you can use other rings.

Scion: https://pastebin.com/DnndEg4R
Hiero: https://pastebin.com/BF1Qn9gq
Hier2 (more crit instead of life): https://pastebin.com/6LnHKYzH

Both examples aren't perfect, only got few minutes before leaving and go to work. You can surely get better items and some improvements on the tree, but it was intended not to use flasks, perfect jewels and cheap and easy budget items you will get on league start.

In the late game, hiero will be the better option with five totems and alle the endurance charges. But on the long way to kill uber atziri, scion will be faster because of the damage in my opinion.
So I still don't know which class to start tomorrow... ;)
Thanks, I'll look at it when making the Hiero guide.

IMO Soul Mantle and crit should always be in a DP totem build now (unless you're running skellies or something).
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 1, 2018, 2:13:41 AM
"
rozakk wrote:
going guardian/chieftain results in a crazy tanky build and honestly until you hit like guardian bosses i never felt like i was wanting for dps anyways, if anything i just felt squishy sometimes especially on overtuned abyss bs.

seems nice, but what about crit nodes from shadow? will foucs on jewels / jewelery for more crit chance / crit mult / damage?
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

I personally would still go for Hierophant in that case, even for a tank build.

but it will be more damage (crit) miss and still 20% of curse "unimmune"?!
Last edited by trueZurg on Mar 1, 2018, 4:07:22 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
Thanks, I'll look at it when making the Hiero guide.

IMO Soul Mantle and crit should always be in a DP totem build now (unless you're running skellies or something).

I have to thank you for your inspiring guide.

Back from work. Thinking the day about the choice between scion and templar. As I wrote I only made some clicks in the morning to get a direction for my thoughts and the items are cheap things where you know the unique names to get some stuff. So I made some new calculations and it is not about the total numbers, it is more about the possibilities from which numbers you start to max your build out.

So I took two scenarios: One is the ascendancies about lvl 80 with cheap gear, where you start mapping. The other is that we got atziris reflection and can change to "late-game" in the armor slot.

With Scion (Ass / Guardian) you can get soul mantle early and with 3 totems we make for example 750k dmg together (~250 each with cheap gear). We get around 5000 EHP and ~1900 Mana.
In the late game, we chance Guardian to Hierophant, maybe get better rings and have 1,1mio dmg from 4 totems, a little bit more life, more ES and also around 300 more mana from +25% Hiero. We see, we have the damage output with curse immunity at start of the mapping phase.

With Templar (Hiero) we start with more tankyness (500-1000 more Life/ES), higher dmg reduction (17% instead of 5%) and more possibilities got get resi caps (2 rings!), but the damage is lower. Aroung 525k dmg with 4 totems.
After getting cuse immon with the new shild, dmg scales to 250k like scion, but now we have 5 totems and around the same EHP/Mana as scion, but also more damage reduction.
The crit version got more damage and lacks some life, but got more +ES and will increase much more from endgame items with high ES rolls.

But one thing misses in PoB: Arcane Surge +20% more Damage from Arcane Surge from the Guardian -> Hiero switch. Google said, arcane surge also works on totems and this would be a buff.
Does anyone know about arcane surge and totems? PoB isn't changing anything when I change to hiero on the scion about the damage, even the config is saying arcane surge is active.
With this, we could get a dmg boost and still be viable with only 4 totems against 5. And we would be at a good dmg and curse immun in the mapping phase.
Last edited by ranzbert on Mar 1, 2018, 10:37:37 AM
i also want to know how arcane surge works with totems ?

but mainly if you go hiero is cherub unique armor good ? or do you go with a rare ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info