[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

If you're just starting out and get the 5-link staff from the Flora's Gift cards, is it better to alt until you get +2 to cold gems or a high spell power roll?
"
generalchaos wrote:
If you're just starting out and get the 5-link staff from the Flora's Gift cards, is it better to alt until you get +2 to cold gems or a high spell power roll?

I think +2 is better because it gives flat damage.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Just get a 5 linked Taryns it cost around 20 chaos atm, so not hard to afford.

I wanted to share my endgame experince with you guys.

I tryed all engame bosses now (council,every map,gurdians,shaper,u-Aziri,council and breachlords)

For Maps in general, thhere are 3 Mods who make a map very hard and Gurdians unbeatble for us.
They are, temporal chains, No reg and ele reflect.

You can do every map up to tier 15 with even all 3 mods up, but they will be very hard.
No regen ar gurdians >> reroll, ele reflect same. Tempo chains is possibel, but our movement is kinda slow, so it make boss fights really difficult, specily gurdians.

Just avoid them, for gurdians look for no negative dmg mods, our boss dps isent the best, so we will need much longer with + monsterlife, ele equibalirium,+ele resist,enefeeble,hexed proof.

I did all t16 maps corrupted, avoid this 3 mods and it was kinda easy, ele reflect is possibel, but kinda annoying, you have to replace your totems to often and your dps is lowered so much.

Uber aziri, is hard and annoying too, but our dps is okay for it.
Council was easy peasy.
Breachlords are hard too, you need really really good gear and boss knowledge to do it.
And last but not least shaper... I tryed him 3 times and i simply cant defeat him.
The boss fight took like forever, our totems die so often and instant, that our dps isent there.
Add phase easy, teleport phase easy, after the second teleport the fight becomes so hard, we have to dodge so much and the time we can dmg him is to short to do signicant dmg. I put him down to 15%, maybe with more training and 21/20 frostbolt gem i could kill him, but not sure about that.
Just dont try it its not worth waste the time and invest so much currency into the build to even do it.
And a tip for high tier bosses, have a totem with culling strike in your second slot, it helps us so much, this 10% boss hp are 30 to 60sec of our time against gurdians.

I just played this char in harbringer and my gear is really close to optimum, i tested a lot and this was all i could to with him.
If you want to kill shaper and gurdians easyer and faster use this char as farmer and build a pure boss killer out of the currency you get from it :)
Does anyone know what stats roll when you blessing up the Halcyon->Pandemonious? In specific if it rolls that cold damage or just slaps an additional 10% on to the previous roll?
Doing a variation of this build with dual wands and improved single target dps.

1.1 million dps vs Standard bosses (220k dps X 5 totems). 1.375 mil dps with level 21 frostbolt and level 4 empower.

To make up for the lack of Life (4k hp/ 400 es) I am running frost wall, immortal call, phase run linked to level 1 cast on damage taken.

The soul mantle/self flag jewel was not calculated into the dps. Dps is increased unless you are under enfeeble. 2.6% dps increase per curse.

More consistent dps is to run a curse mana flask and spec extra hp and damage onto the jewel socket.

My Budget is 160 Chaos actually. Should i save for a Taryn's Shiver Maelström Staff 6 Link which cost around 400-500 Chaos or should i spend some currency to replace the shitty gear i am wearing.

Actually i can run all maps i had which is up to T7.
Just want to say that The Beachhead map is designed for this build :) And one more tip: Shaped Dunes map is just amazing with totems.
I want to try The Green Nightmare Viridian Jewel https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Green_Nightmare- anyone tried this one? (quite expensive)
ign: Ron
Hello. You tested the build through "Elemental Overload"? Can you say dps?
👀
"
denhol wrote:
Hello. You tested the build through "Elemental Overload"? Can you say dps?

If you take Elemental Overload you will lose approximately half of your DPS. Check out Path of Building if you haven't already. It lets you plan your builds and see real dps.
"
Alegor wrote:
Just want to say that The Beachhead map is designed for this build :)

Really? I'm surprised to hear that, I have issues with Breaches, but then I still have fairly average equipment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info