[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

You get a curse every time a totem gets destroyed by external means (damage), expires or it's recast. So if you spam the totem you'll have a ton of curses on you.
I have used this while leveling, just because it happened to drop, until I got the +2 totems ascendancy in cruel lab. The third totem this armor gave was very good for damage but the curses vere a pain. Died because of it 2 or 3 times. After getting the ascendancy points droped it and didn't look back. If you go this way you need a flask to remove curses and a quicksilver flask to get you of temporal chains (you'll get it a lot). Also, don't go into maps with this. Not even tier ones. It's totally not worth it.
Soul mantle can work if you use 2x Kikazru rings, but then you are limiting yourself on life and resists. Because of the totem health, soul mantle really plays best with Totem Righteous Fire builds.
I'm playing this Build with good results but i have to ask, when i can assume that i will need to change into another better character to play?

Its a tier map where i cant go with this?
I'm running tier 11 without any problems and the only non-average piece of gear I have is a Belly of the Beast. A few pages back was someone who said he was doing tier 15 but he had great gear. So, as is almost always the case in PoE, it depends on your gear. But if you want to kill Shaper, yeah this isn't the best build for it.
I followed your dual war chief duelist build and have had fun. I have this build leveled to about 50 and struggle on act bosses.
Also I am new to maps so is it totally fine to skip the bosses with this build? Can I change frost bolt to freezing pulse and work?
Trash clear speed has been amazing and fun but bosses just are pain.
Sorry if this have been asked before.
Hey all. What do you think of Sire of Shards replacing Taryn's Shiver? According to Path of Building, Sire of Shards have less damage but I'm not sure if they counted the extra 4 projectiles... or perhaps they did? Also, with the nova effect, moving single targets can get hit more easily.

Also, does the diamond flask actually improve the crit chance of the totems?
Last edited by Buenomars on Sep 7, 2017, 8:01:23 AM
"
fatekills wrote:
I followed your dual war chief duelist build and have had fun. I have this build leveled to about 50 and struggle on act bosses.
Also I am new to maps so is it totally fine to skip the bosses with this build? Can I change frost bolt to freezing pulse and work?
Trash clear speed has been amazing and fun but bosses just are pain.
Sorry if this have been asked before.

Single target for frostbolt just isn't there. You need BiS gears if you want to speed up boss fights.

"
Buenomars wrote:
Hey all. What do you think of Sire of Shards replacing Taryn's Shiver? According to Path of Building, Sire of Shards have less damage but I'm not sure if they counted the extra 4 projectiles... or perhaps they did? Also, with the nova effect, moving single targets can get hit more easily.

Also, does the diamond flask actually improve the crit chance of the totems?

I don't see the purpose of sire of shards. When mapping, the leftover frostbolts coming from behind is already on its way on hitting the incoming enemies. Having additional projectiles may be beneficial but the nova effect makes it inefficient because it spreads your bolt outwards instead of where you are pushing.

Yep, diamond flask effect is global, not just only for you or for totem.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
LegendACB wrote:
I'm playing this Build with good results but i have to ask, when i can assume that i will need to change into another better character to play?

Its a tier map where i cant go with this?

What's your goal when you made this character? This build shines on general mapping. If you want to push for end game with this build, you can but there are other builds that can do it much better.

I suggest you farm currency with this build and do a "currency-sink" build with what you have farmed.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
Last edited by haxers on Sep 7, 2017, 8:08:59 PM
Hi guys

I read many questions about how far you can go with this guide and how to act with bosses so I decided to write my experiences.
I followed this guide as close as possible. I took the same passive skillpoints, gems and nearly same items. I understimated how much Dex I need so i am forced to run with 1 fluid motion jewel. I also run 2 snakepit saphire rings. My equip is not perfect. My Taryns staff has only +1 to cold gems, i have bad flasks and my frostbold gem is level 21 but with 0%quality. So to give you a better overview I put my character public.

Nevertheless i am able to run T15 Maps. The monsters in ALL maps up to T15 ( in never ran T16 or T17 because such a map has never droped) are pretty easy. I can never facetank them but the totems kill them very fast. I can run all map mods. The bosses are a bit different. I just killed the boss from T15 darf forest map. I had 2 portals left. You have to kite very much and play around your totems. One strategy which i find really nice for many bosses is that you build a square with your Totems. You run from corner to corner and the boss jumps/walks to one totem, destroyes it and get in the meantime damage from the 3 other totems. So you basicly always run from corner to corner and try to receive the square.

However if you want to level a character i would recommend to skip the bosses to be super safe or just do the bosses that you can kill safe and easily. ( I dont have a list yet what bosses are especially easy with the totem build.)

Edit: This is my first build with wich I am able to run T15 maps, so I dont have much experience how to play endgame super efficient.

Edit2: Just did T15 overgrown ruin deathless. Bossfight took like 2-3 minutes
Last edited by Klassenliste on Sep 8, 2017, 11:29:50 AM
I have reached level 90 with this build, and its not that bad in boss fights (although it takes way longer than with other builds). And as Life meta is so strong now, i suggest to get Perfect Form zodiac. I managed to get blessing cheap, and now have 6,5k evasion with 108 uncapped cold resist. Arctic armor is nice bonus as well, and we get it with no mana reserved, wich is great.

I have 6L Taryns, but even with it the most important change with boss fighting, was Pandemonius. My character is public, so i think you can compare it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info