[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Tri/Quad Frostbolt Totems Hierophant - Strong League Starter!

"
Aurican14 wrote:
Does anyone know what stats roll when you blessing up the Halcyon->Pandemonious? In specific if it rolls that cold damage or just slaps an additional 10% on to the previous roll?

Halcyon
Requires Level 35
+(20-30) to Dexterity
(10-20)% increased Cold Damage
+(35-40)% to Cold Resistance
30% increased Freeze Duration on Enemies
10% chance to Freeze
60% increased Damage if you've Frozen an Enemy Recently

Pandemonius
Requires Level 64
+(20-30) to Dexterity
(20-30)% increased Cold Damage
+(35-40)% to Cold Resistance
Chill Enemy for 1 second when Hit
Blind Chilled Enemies on Hit
Damage Penetrates 20% Cold Resistance against Chilled Enemies

I say that it just gives +10% range on the previous roll.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
astratos88 wrote:
My Budget is 160 Chaos actually. Should i save for a Taryn's Shiver Maelström Staff 6 Link which cost around 400-500 Chaos or should i spend some currency to replace the shitty gear i am wearing.

Actually i can run all maps i had which is up to T7.

Prioritize the core items. Get rares with good life and resists rolls then put the remaining budget on finding a 5L Taryn's or a good 5L/6L rare staff with good mods, e.g. +2 to cold gems, + cold damage to spells, % spell damage, % cold damage, % cast speed, % crit chance, and % crit multi.
"Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness." - The Shaper
"
"
denhol wrote:
Hello. You tested the build through "Elemental Overload"? Can you say dps?

If you take Elemental Overload you will lose approximately half of your DPS. Check out Path of Building if you haven't already. It lets you plan your builds and see real dps.

ok, ty.
P.S. i can't uses poe building, i have only linux
👀
"
denhol wrote:
"
"
denhol wrote:
Hello. You tested the build through "Elemental Overload"? Can you say dps?

If you take Elemental Overload you will lose approximately half of your DPS. Check out Path of Building if you haven't already. It lets you plan your builds and see real dps.

ok, ty.

Doesn't work with wine?
In a 5L, according to Path of Building, you get more dps if you swap out faster casting for cold penetration against bosses (configuration -> is enemy a boss). The increase for me was aprox 8%, from 60k to 65k.

Also, frostbomb helps a lot with bosses too. In fact I dropped both Vaal haste jewels because the 20% from frostbomb gives you more dps than just Vaal Haste. I have arctic armour and frostbomb in cwdt setups and another frostbomb which is cast manually. Arctic armour is used only to create chilled ground but seems pretty powerful with pandemonious. I use the commandment of spite glove enchant for the same reason.

Here's my modified build in case anyone is interested.

https://pastebin.com/yth5Pyjw

NOTE: I'll probably go with Added Cold Damage against mobs and Slower Projectiles against boses when I get 6L which should be soon.
I just wanted to say, after playing an RF build to 80 and being bored out of my mind (i just walk through things and they die) this is just FUN. I'm enjoying this build immensely. I'm only 52 but it's pretty fun to just see things blow up. I won't say i'm really seeing any challenge yet, i just drop totems and run around, but since i got my staff and 4totem ability, it's just fun to watch!

My Gear
Spoiler

I'm capped currently, but not in "merciless" yet, i don't think. Not much in terms of chaos resistance though, but it doesnt seem to be an issue if I continue to kite. I wish that staff didn't make my attack circular honestly, so i could get a concentrated burst, but hey it's still fun. I got the 5link off 9 jewelers and 7 fusings (and 3 chromatics)... i'm not sure if thats good or not.. but i was happy since the staff was a 2 socket no link.

Thanks a ton for putting this guide together @lifting, i enjoy your streams!

---
"
"
denhol wrote:
"

ok, ty.

Doesn't work with wine?

Path of Building works a whole lot better in wine than POE itself does :D but hey, we get what we get when we choose a superior OS.
Last edited by drizuid on Sep 14, 2017, 12:29:31 AM
"
drizuid wrote:
"
"
denhol wrote:

ok, ty.

Doesn't work with wine?

Path of Building works a whole lot better in wine than POE itself does :D but hey, we get what we get when we choose a superior OS.

I love linux for its server capabilities. I've tried at least half a dozen times to commit to it for desktop use but I can't do it. Windows machines are far ahead of linux when it comes to the desktop especially when trying to run windows software. Getting stuff running in wine is a fun challenge but a complete waste of time to keep doing it over and over again imo. But hey, to each his own.
quick question , in the suggested tree there are a couple extra empty sockets . which jewels should I use if I already got my 2 frozen trails ?
also can someone comment on my setup so far ? things I can improve on for survivability and dps.
Last edited by Decadent_Omar on Sep 14, 2017, 10:44:59 AM
Priority will be defenses, so %increased max life and + resists are always welcome. Then if you have enough budget (may be costly if you want 3 or more of these mods in the same jewel) you may want to have these mods as well %spell damage, %cold damage, %cast speed, %crit chance, and % crit multi.
"
haxers wrote:
Priority will be defenses, so %increased max life and + resists are always welcome. Then if you have enough budget (may be costly if you want 3 or more of these mods in the same jewel) you may want to have these mods as well %spell damage, %cold damage, %cast speed, %crit chance, and % crit multi.

thanks , can you comment on my current gear ? I linked them above

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info