Winterheart, Event 45: Arctic Boss Kill

"
tonic317 wrote:
Why would you delete your character before you get points? LOL. You must be the same people that use poe.trade and whisper someone saying "hi" , "I want to buy item" . Instead of using the whisper link on the website.

I'm still waiting for the points to be allocated, not really worried a lot, this has happened on previous race seasons to...

But I really had to reply to this post... "You people"????
I happen to be one of "those" who dont use the automated msg from poe.trade cause even though trade system in this game is awfull (for my taste at least) and "player interaction" is a joke (some dont ever bother saying a simple "thank you" after trade is done) I very much prefer to at least type some words to any potential seller I might contact.

I've no problem whatsoever with the addition that xyz made in his site, in fact I have nothing but good things to say about him, his site (the fact that he made it) is one of the things that kept me playing this game instead of giving up if I had only trade chat to do trading in this game...

But the fact that u look down upon anyone who says "hi" to you instead of just pushing a button just leaves me.... baffled to say the least...

"You people"........
"Too Wierd To Live... Too Rare To Die...."
Personal Motto

Finally made it to lvl 100... Only took me 3 years...:) :(
I hear a lot of people talking about having to delete characters for other races and just wanted to say: Each account has 24 character slots. Do you really have 23 (+1 that was involved in the race) fully completed characters? I mean I get that you should be able to use all of them if you really wanted to, but is it really that hard to dedicate 2-3 slots specifically for racing?
"
ImaMonstr wrote:
I hear a lot of people talking about having to delete characters for other races and just wanted to say: Each account has 24 character slots. Do you really have 23 (+1 that was involved in the race) fully completed characters? I mean I get that you should be able to use all of them if you really wanted to, but is it really that hard to dedicate 2-3 slots specifically for racing?

Idle characters can also double as auxiliary "stash tabs," at need, making extra character slots a real bargain. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I still haven't been given the points for this race and I haven't deleted the character. I guess I should post here.
same
IGN: BalancedGameIsSoBalanedLevel
Well, I am new to racing and this was one of my first races. I deleted my toon the next day and now i see its not logged into my events and i have no points for the 6 hours i spent. Am i just screwed?
"
Chris wrote:
I received a lot of emails about players not receiving points, and I'll make sure that we fix it up as best as we can. I haven't personally looked into what went wrong yet. If people have deleted their characters, we'll try to recover the information from logs. It's time-consuming but will hopefully be possible. Unfortunately because today is Sunday and tomorrow is an NZ public holiday, the earliest our server guys can investigate is Tuesday NZT. Sorry for the delay!

I also didn´t get the points. I Got into act4.
But I don´t think i will instantly get the next item in the race season with the points I think i would get, so if you look into your logs in the next week I think it would be enough for most of us. So take your time and have a nice weekend and holiday.
"
"
tonic317 wrote:
Why would you delete your character before you get points? LOL. You must be the same people that use poe.trade and whisper someone saying "hi" , "I want to buy item" . Instead of using the whisper link on the website.

I'm still waiting for the points to be allocated, not really worried a lot, this has happened on previous race seasons to...

But I really had to reply to this post... "You people"????
I happen to be one of "those" who dont use the automated msg from poe.trade cause even though trade system in this game is awfull (for my taste at least) and "player interaction" is a joke (some dont ever bother saying a simple "thank you" after trade is done) I very much prefer to at least type some words to any potential seller I might contact.

I've no problem whatsoever with the addition that xyz made in his site, in fact I have nothing but good things to say about him, his site (the fact that he made it) is one of the things that kept me playing this game instead of giving up if I had only trade chat to do trading in this game...

But the fact that u look down upon anyone who says "hi" to you instead of just pushing a button just leaves me.... baffled to say the least...

"You people"........

i think the fact you single out that they look down on people who say "hi" as a greeting completely tells us about yourself. it isn't that they are looking down on greeting someone. that in itself is perfectly fine. "hi, i would like to buy item X that you have listed for Y" is perfectly acceptable.

what they are talking about is you are out doing things. out of the blue someone whispers "hi" and ONLY "hi". i mean wtf? do i know you? what do you want? i know you can't see it but i am extremely busy over here. i don't feel particularly inclined to message back "hi" since there is no intention behind it.

on the other hand what i stated before that with greeting and telling the person which item you want? i WILL message that back because it shows clear intention.

----

also, since that was a bit off topic

Still waiting on points.
yeah still no points

i deleted my guy because it was in void

name was xxxgandalf, was rank 953 on the ladder; got to cruel lioneyes watch
Last edited by cigarette on Feb 8, 2016, 10:42:10 AM
"
cigarette wrote:
yeah still no points

Earliest: Tuesday NZ time. At the time of this post it's Tue 5:30am over there. So it's still a few hours until someone can take a look.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info