Never Ending Dungeon

Really good idea! This game could use more reasons to work as a team and give you a sense of accomplishment.

"Man, my party made it to level 39 last night. that's a new record."

sounds a lot better than

"I leeched off an OP ranger in Chaos for 2 hours last night."

I know the new patch will fix some OP balance issues, but I'd still like to see something that gives you a sense of accomplishment and purpose in working as a team. I see this as a knockout endurance battle where there are no Town Portals allowed and if you die, you go back to town and can't come back to that particular instance. Assuming people make it really far into it, there would be lots of loot drops by that point and this would also make people have to pick and choose which loot they deem worthy of taking up their inventory space because they can't just drop it off in their stash and come back.
I believe this is a great idea for this game.
It seems like it would work pretty well for this game how the potions system is created and will get more people to play with each other. :-)
you better bring it
i hate this torchlight like never ending dungeon.
Often i only want to go online, do 15-30min MF Runs and go happy offline after that.
But with a System like this i need to grind until a point where the good loot drops.

Hard Content with good loot? Yes

hard Content with good loot only after i grind hours through lower lvl Dungeons? No

(Like the old Chaos System, i hated it so much. U needed to grind the first 5-6Chaos lvl´s to get to the higher lvl Chaos.)

This would be the death for short Play Sessions :/
IGN: kReiZy
Last edited by sYkoDe4d on May 3, 2012, 9:09:06 PM
I'm for this idea as long as I can still use portal scrolls. Either that or every few levels have a stash chest. :D
"
CuteStar wrote:
I'm for this idea as long as I can still use portal scrolls. Either that or every few levels have a stash chest. :D
Thats what I was thinking too, but some people might not like that, and thats ok too.
If there was a never ending dungeon, I would want it to scale exponentially so that you dont have to go through ~100 useless levels.
I would be thinking once you get to ~lvl 6 it would already be very hard, and once you reach ~lvl 15 you would be nearing the top of the exponential curve (difficulty curve).

EDIT: I know there is a drive for you to stop farming, so maybe delay any increase in drop rate/rarity until later levels (or dont increase it at all, I like the idea of having it ranked but maybe it would just be for bragging rights instead of drop farming)
Last edited by Metronomy on May 5, 2012, 9:47:27 PM
"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
i hate this torchlight like never ending dungeon.
Often i only want to go online, do 15-30min MF Runs and go happy offline after that.
But with a System like this i need to grind until a point where the good loot drops.

Hard Content with good loot? Yes

hard Content with good loot only after i grind hours through lower lvl Dungeons? No

(Like the old Chaos System, i hated it so much. U needed to grind the first 5-6Chaos lvl´s to get to the higher lvl Chaos.)

This would be the death for short Play Sessions :/

Don't step into the dungeon at all? Ignore it? Port out? Why are you so angry?
I dont like the idea of something never-ending and I dont think there is a reason to do something like that when u can do instead something that needs a lot of time to finish, for example 3-5 hours that makes more sense and u can expect something really good when u reach the final floors that sounds much better to me because u know that this thing will end sometime it makes u to want to reach the final stage and fight the last boss.

Also how many hours straight some1 can farm? I am sure most ppl cant last more than 5-6 hours after that u r not a human u r a zombie so it will be better if GGG create something that ends no something infinity because most ppl wont even play long enough to reach the hardest floors that way the majority of players can see where this ends not only the "zombies" (ppl who farm non stop for 10h+).

Something GGG can do to make this "marathon" dungeon last longer is to set a prerequisite that u must clear the floor from all mobs & the boss in the end in order to move further ahead/unlock the next level, other than that I would like if u must do something more other than just kill all the mobs like solving a puzzle this will make it much more interesting than if this is just mindless grind.

And something last I would prefer if this dungeon is a part of games story not something meaningless that exist solely as a farming ground, GGG can make some background story for it to explain why this thing exist? who create it? what happen there in the past? lore is always welcome for me makes the game more interesting & fun to play.
Last edited by rpgmaniac on May 6, 2012, 2:27:59 AM
"
xxnoob wrote:

Don't step into the dungeon at all? Ignore it? Port out? Why are you so angry?

when the highest monster are in this dungeon then there will also be the best loot.
I don´t see what is fun about to grind hours through lower lvl Mobs until u get to the place with the best loot is.

I have nothing against hard Content but with content like this only Game Session there are hours long give u a chance for the "good" items.

Like the old Chaos lvl, anyone liked the old system more? Where u needed to grind through lvl 56-57 Chaos until u get to lvl 58 chaos? And wihout TP´s this System would have been much more annoying.
IGN: kReiZy
I think what sYkoDe4d trying to imply is that a never ending dungeon would make the game even more time depending in need of loots.

Although this is another different point of a valid view, this fact can't be denied either.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Well you wouldn't start at the first level if you are high enough, it should scale to a player's level.

Or what if to enter the dungeon you had to find a special portal scroll first, then your quick runs would have more meaning. Get a scroll, save it for later when you can spend more time on the game.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 6, 2012, 8:21:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info