Never Ending Dungeon

Replay factor alone makes this worth considering.

I think what Bob_O suggested with a boss/special every 10+ levels will mean people have to work for their drops. Not just run a few levels and repeat until they get a *good* spawn.

Maybe put a time limit on replay? You can only do a dungeon run once per day or something. I get the impression a run could last a few hours as it is, especially if your in a party!

Maybe a combination of a boss/special every 10+ levels and a "key" holder per level - A special who's just a champion not a boss, but drops a key/glyph or similar which enables you to enter the next dungeon level. The initial dungeon level would need to scale to your level/stats so there is no reason to try and rush get to your good xp zone.

Another thing could be to make the dugeon above your level, so you need to be in a party in order to do them?

I also love the idea InfinityAtEnd mentioned - An arena area would be awesome. Maybe both concepts could be introduced somehow? =]
This is a great idea, Maybe waved base open dungeon withbosses coming out every few waves, sounds awesome
I really like the endless "dungeon" or something similar, it would add fun reason to grind for items, as long as the items get better the deeper you go.
I have also noticed that you can have event scripts in the game, so here's another idea that flashed my head last night :

A "road" map, you basically start in one small camp(like the ones where you find the 3 bandit leaders from the quest in act 2) and as you progress going on the road you encounter more similar camps filled with monsters, the entrance gate will be opened on use from party leader and the exit gate will be opened automatically when all the monsters in the camp are dead.

I like this way because people can't rush ahead so they have to stop and kill all the monsters to be able to proceed further ahead. After you have cleared a camp you can collect your loot and to a few portals to town to sell or stash and then return and advance to the next camp.

This way they can "chain-up" more instances of this type, similar to never ending dungeons with a solo-strait path to follow.

You enter, go to camp, kill all of monsters there, proceed to the next camp, and do that again.

It can be more enchanted by adding a "small boss" monsters in each camp called : Camp Leader or anything else that you can come up with.
It can be created more different chain camp where at the end of the road there will be a STONE Fortress/camp where a Mighty Boss awaits to give you quite a challenge and also a good drop.

It can be created as Large Events(Fortress siege, Camps Rush,etc.) that take place each 12 hours.

At the end of the road after beating the Ending Boss there can be added a girl that come out of a prison box and can give awards to the one/ones that saved her, rewards like : orbs/scrolls/skill gems/items.

Feel free to add your opinion here too, any change CAN be a good change !

Regards, Infinity !
Long Live the Templars !!!!
Last edited by InfinityAtEnd on Feb 26, 2012, 4:04:33 AM
I would rather have a Never Ending Dungeon that actually "ends". A dungeon with 100 floors or something.
One of the reasons I didn't like Torchlight was because of this "never ending dungeon". I mean, what's the point? You just grind, grind, grind, with no end in sight. If it had a specific limited number of floors, then people would actually be interested in exploring them all to see what loot awaits them in the final room.
Maybe something like that could be "unlocked" once you beat all three (four?) difficulties in PoE.
"
Onix wrote:
I would rather have a Never Ending Dungeon that actually "ends". A dungeon with 100 floors or something.
One of the reasons I didn't like Torchlight was because of this "never ending dungeon". I mean, what's the point? You just grind, grind, grind, with no end in sight. If it had a specific limited number of floors, then people would actually be interested in exploring them all to see what loot awaits them in the final room.
Maybe something like that could be "unlocked" once you beat all three (four?) difficulties in PoE.

each to their own ofc but personally i like the idea of never ending, keeps me going on tryin to get further. once i completed it, unless the gear was overly worth it i'd kinda lose intrest. also where do u set the bar for the end? how hard do u make it to complete and how gd do u make the loot for completing it? could b a nightmare to balance well. also it could make gd braggin rights too, if it was displayable on ur char sheet and/or forum etc. but thats my opinion ofc
"
InfinityAtEnd wrote:

A "road" map, you basically start in one small camp(like the ones where you find the 3 bandit leaders from the quest in act 2) and as you progress going on the road you encounter more similar camps filled with monsters, the entrance gate will be opened on use from party leader and the exit gate will be opened automatically when all the monsters in the camp are dead.

this is pretty much the idea anyway as i understood it, just was set out as a dungeon with different floors that u couldnt progress down until u cleared the one u were on, atleast thats how i saw it (not in OP but as its developed thru the posts)
Last edited by Bob_O on Feb 26, 2012, 8:14:08 PM
Bump for the hope of hearing more opinions especially from new players.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Bump for the forgotten.

Make it happen!
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
The base idea of an endless dungeon with difficulty progression and better loot is perfect for this type game. If its ranked, even better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info