Never Ending Dungeon

"
xxnoob wrote:
Well you wouldn't start at the first level if you are high enough, it should scale to a player's level.

and how u would play this in a group?
A Dungeon like this would work against Groups. U can´t join ur Friends in the middle of their run and if someone in ur group dies he is alone or the group need to start from the beginning.

A Dungeon like this is a good idea for a little solo offline ARPG like Torchlight but i think it´s bad for an big always online ARPG.
There is a reason why GGG changed the old Chaos System to a "instant" lvl 60 Chaos System.
IGN: kReiZy
The bigger the group, the higher the difficulty. I don't see a problem here, yet.

If someone dies then you can port out of try to persevere and get good loot all for yourself.
Last edited by xxnoob on May 6, 2012, 8:31:54 AM
Add a final town that borders several endless environments. You want to have an endless beach? Walk out the beach exit. Endless catacombs? Walk into the crypt exit. Endless caves? Cave exit.

That way you can also have some control over the type of monsters and bosses you'd face.

Every 10 floors of the endless dungeon, add an endgame boss. Maybe a whole new boss, if it's not too hard to do.
Sounds like a lot of fun to me !!!
I loved the "Endless Tower" in Ragnarok Online....
Didn't read all posts but...
Maybe you can get certain (little) Rewards at certain key levels like 10 - 20 - 30

-approved-
Endless dungeon with new bosses ? Seems crazy, but It might be nice.

"
Well you wouldn't start at the first level if you are high enough, it should scale to a player's level.

I don't like the whole idea of scaling to player lvl, since if done in Inappropriate way it drives you through the absurd.

Oblivion -> Haha, I'm 15 lvl, and why the hell all bandits have mithril armors? Why Guards are raping me like I'm little girl? Why does it feel like I'm peasant here?

I like the way of shortcut to higher lvls, like :

Level 1

Hey look at that, There is a hole?
Maybe I will try to click it... I'm FAAALLLING!

Level 15

HP decreased by 15*2%= 30 % HP

Oh great... now I'm... <You're Dead>

And I know what it should be, it would be entrance to HELL...

OK, Here is my idea for the never ending dungeon.

1- I would only be accessible after you finished an act, sort of like a bonus round.

2- it's only available once per act, so you can't go back into it all the time and farm it. 1 shot deal at the end of every act.

3- The dungeon scales to the players level at the start of the dungeon and gets progressfully harder every level you go. so if you finish act 1 at a level 5 lets say, the endless dungeon would start at level 4 and get harder every level down.

4- no teleporting allowed, once you enter it, you go with what you got.

5- Once you die, you teleport to the entrance of the dungeon, but this time it's blocked and you can't enter, you just continue on.

A ladder could be set up, showing who got the farthest and in the quickest time, etc

Events could be set up to see who gets deepest, just like they have now, but going vertically instead of horizontally.

You could grab a group before you enter, the dungeon would then set to the average level of the group. Once a member of the group dies, he is out permanently.
.....And that's all I have to say about that.

2- it's only available once per act, so you can't go back into it all the time and farm it. 1 shot deal at the end of every act.

-> What's the point with making it that way? It'll either force people to play that one act through or have limited access for a play time (4*4=16) to such nice addition for usual grinding.

If you really want to limit it some way then make some, pass limit... X times per day.

I would like to see a few endless dungeons implemented into this game.

So far I can think of 3 I would like to see

-Ship wreck caves going deeper and deeper.
-a pyramid dungeon, gotta burn some mummies?
-ancient jungle caves that go on for ages.

I could see some amazing things done with this.
I don't know if someone posted this in this thread yet but there is a youtube video from devs about this.

Path of Exile - Random Level Generation Presentation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM9Ynfzll0
Last edited by DeWayneSnorlax on May 26, 2012, 10:09:16 PM
I have an idea!

Boss every 10 floors!

This means that at level lets say 300 people will not have too much rare items from casual monsters, they will go through every 10 lvls to kill a boss and take better loot.

Killing boss would be needed to go to deeper lvl ofc.

Bosses would be extremly hard.
I already suggested that above, so you'd think I'd agree, but...

The more I think about it, it might be better to make it a smaller or random number of floors. Ten floors is a LONG time. You'll never be able to do 3 bosses in one sitting because that'd be 30 freaking floors. Remember how long the Waterfall Cave and pyramids took?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info