0.10.1 Patch Notes

My favorite change is the new gem art:

In future patch notes, try personalizing things a bit more, like so:

Features/Content:
  • All skill gems and support gems have received new art. Put pictures of some of those cool new skill gems here, or a before-after comparison, for the fun of seeing all the old gem art being the same. These will be good for evoking old school memories in the future.
  • Updated and shrunk the visual size of Frenzy, Endurance and Power charges. Add: "Because in our opinion, this just looks ridiculous:" And put a screenshot of a character with maximum amount of (with old art) frenzy, endurance and power charges, and all auras, here

End-game Map Changes:
  • Some recipes for upgrading maps produce a different map than they did previously. Add: "You'll have to experiment to find out for yourself what these are."

Balance Changes:
  • Stun Threshold Reduction now has diminishing returns when it exceeds 75%. It's still possible to build very effective stun characters, but they cannot permanently lock down the hardest of bosses. Say: "We are looking at you, Groundjam, Lord of the Dance" (Because Kripparrian references are cool)

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where monsters affected by the Energy Shield aura would get too much Energy Shield in multiplayer games. Just put "SORRY!" here, for comical relief. Those massive ES bosses probably frustrated a lot of players. Doesn't hurt to appeal to them by apologizing.
  • Fixed a bug where the Stun Threshold Reduction on Mortem Morsu was not limited to just attacks by that weapon. Looking at you again, Kripp... (I think?)

ta ta
ThreeIce is my IGN. List of my trading threads:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/217540
"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
You're welcome. And I'm happy to inform you that I feel the same about your posts. Like I stated in my previous post: If you want people to respect your opinion you should start by respecting others. And this isn't a discussion. This is you making claims without any argumentation for them.

I basically feel that you neglect to comprehend peoples constructive cristism on how to improve this awesome game, because you're blinded by your misunderstood fanboyism. I respect that you're a Gold Supporter, which is a badge of honour.

In my humble opinion it is not good style to just claim that a change is perfect and other people should quit whining, when they are in fact providing valuable feedback to the designers.

So what do you think that you contribuated to the thread that is soo great that other people should just shut up? Rhetorical question - please by the love of God don't answer it!

GGG added art to gems. Those gems, before today, had almost no distinguishing characteristics other than round=support, oval=skill. Now they all have custom art. Whether you get all the information you want (like quality level, skill level, etc.) has no bearing on the fact that they are now EASIER to identify without hovering your cursor over it.

Up until today, if I wanted to find all the Clarity gems in my possession I had to mouseover every blue active skill gem in my possession to identify the skill. Now, once I have seen the artwork for Clarity gems, I can just look for that artwork and look at those gems for the info I want. You cannot possibly argue that it was somehow easier or faster to sort when they all looked identical to one another.

And so my original comment stands: give it more than an hour or two before knee-jerk posting on the forums that the new artwork has made everything impossible. If you happen to want more info available to you when looking at gems that is fine, because at no point in the patch notes did Chris say "All skill gems and support gems have received new art. We're never improving the system again."
Those gems icons are soo good!! They freshen the game! Great work!

Now all we need is revamped map(quest) tab with more detailed graphics and visuals from each enviroment.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
Rhetorical question - please by the love of God don't answer it!

Really brah? Are we going to do this?

Spoiler added to not bother people that don't care with wall of text about my disagreement with Aixius - be warned!

Lets just start with my original post..
Spoiler

"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.1
Features/Content:
  • All skill gems and support gems have received new art.

I really like this change, because it makes a lot easier to see what you actually have in those full stash tabs of gems. How about iterating futher on this and add a glow/spark/color-variation of the gems according to their quality level? That way there would be a visual representation of the quality of the gems and they would be easy spotable as well.

Anyhow thumbs up - keep up the good work! Eventhough I'm not certain that the new gem visuals are perfect, I'll refrain from commenting further on that until I've gotten used to them. :)

Now for your latest blob of rantings!

"
Aixius wrote:

GGG added art to gems. Those gems, before today, had almost no distinguishing characteristics other than round=support, oval=skill. Now they all have custom art. Whether you get all the information you want (like quality level, skill level, etc.) has no bearing on the fact that they are now EASIER to identify without hovering your cursor over it.

Considering my original post and the ones that I made after this, then I don't know why you're even writing this? Yes there was a difference on the skill vs support gems as I pointed out to you. And they are easier to identify individually, but that not the same as its easier to spot if its a skill or support gem. I don't really care if you think they are, if you're not going to provide an argument why the change made it easier. In my mind and apparently by other posters it isn't. And that was what you were bashing people over the head with!

"
Aixius wrote:

Up until today, if I wanted to find all the Clarity gems in my possession I had to mouseover every blue active skill gem in my possession to identify the skill. Now, once I have seen the artwork for Clarity gems, I can just look for that artwork and look at those gems for the info I want. You cannot possibly argue that it was somehow easier or faster to sort when they all looked identical to one another.

Who claimed that? Look back. You're just stating the obvious and pointing out what those you told to shut up said.

"
Aixius wrote:

And so my original comment stands: give it more than an hour or two before knee-jerk posting on the forums that the new artwork has made everything impossible. If you happen to want more info available to you when looking at gems that is fine, because at no point in the patch notes did Chris say "All skill gems and support gems have received new art. We're never improving the system again."

Yeah. Exactly! I was cheering on the change and I'd love to give my input on the next iteration as my original post states. And yes.. I didn't keep my original intention of not making further comments on the visuals, because I got caught by others making helpful and constructive suggestions! So sue me! Besides.. didn't take you more than an hour or two before knee-jerk posting on the forums that other people should stop making suggestions or constructive critism and having the ignorance of even not making any signifigant contributions or counter arguments yourself.

Congratultions! In my humble opinion you mananged to make yourself look more of an ass, when I didn't think it possible. You sir, are a troll!
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 4:14:35 PM
At first look i was lost too with the new gem design, but after you look 2-3 times at each gem, you start to remember the shapes of the golden features representing each gem, at that point you can tell exactly what gem is what from one look in your tab.

And rly? you can't tell support gems from skill gems? They seem pretty obvious to me; they are still round shaped, while the skills are more oval. The way the gold overlay interacts on a gem is also totally different and easily distinguishable for skill and support gems.

Just give yourself 3-4 days so your brain remembers all the icons and you'll be identifying gems quicker then you ever had.
"
Gimdir wrote:

Just give yourself 3-4 days so your brain remembers all the icons and you'll be identifying gems quicker then you ever had.

Yeah. I'm certain that I can learn it, but it really wasn't the point as I'm quite capable of learning a lot of things. Anyhow.. its besides the point. Point was I love the change, but there are some things that I'd really like to see in a future iteration on the gems visuals, so I left some points in this thread hoping that the devs might spot it and think about it. Yet I got baited by a troll, swallowed the bait and I'm apparently running the line. :)

"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
Rhetorical question - please by the love of God don't answer it!

Really brah? Are we going to do this?

Spoiler added to not bother people that don't care with wall of text about my disagreement with Aixius - be warned!

Congratultions! In my humble opinion you mananged to make yourself look more of an ass, when I didn't think it possible. You sir, are a troll!

You seem to be out to chastise me for not being respectful enough in my original comment, but I'm only posting in this thread to discuss the patch notes. Resort to name calling if you like but I already explained/clarified my original comment twice and have no intention of doing so for you again.

You can count me in the group of people who didn't care to read whatever text you put in your spoiler.
"
Aixius wrote:

You seem to be out to chastise me for not being respectful enough in my original comment, but I'm only posting in this thread to discuss the patch notes. Resort to name calling if you like but I already explained/clarified my original comment twice and have no intention of doing so for you again.

Not at all. I'm after you for not using the thread to discuss the patch notes, but to bash people on the head for not instantly loving the changes.

"
Aixius wrote:

You can count me in the group of people who didn't care to read whatever text you put in your spoiler.

By the fact that you noticed my post rather quickly and took the time to write up a reply I believe thats just a lie. You read it and realized you were being an ass, yet wasn't man enough to own up to it.

Happy gaming!

To sum it up again I'd basically love to be able to see the following qualities just be looking at the visual representation of a gem in a future iteration of the game:

• 1.Their main attribute str, dex, int
  • 2.Their status as being eigther a skill or support gem
  • 3.Their quality level 0 - 20
  • 4.The skill they represent in an intuitive way
  • 5.The features they have - physical, minion, fire, chaos, knockback ect.
  • 6.Those same features on other gems for reconizability of one type say for example 'minion' gems

And here is how I think it could be done:
  • 1.Keep it as it is - red, green, blue is perfect
  • 2.Change the golden color of the new art to something else like silver on support gems
  • 3.Add a glow/hue difference or something like it more shiny equals better quality
  • 4.No easy fix here
  • 5.Maybe add a hold down key like alt, ctrl and/or shift which changes the overlay to display some nice pictures of they attributes
  • 6.Just be consistent on the pictures when implementing the above point

4.- 6. is in my opinion hard to implement with the new design, but then I bet someone is smarter than me and can figure out a good way. :)
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 5:08:34 PM
"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
By the fact that you noticed my post rather quickly and took the time to write up a reply I believe thats just a lie. You read it and realized you were being an ass, yet wasn't man enough to own up to it.

Happy gaming!

Actually I took the time to instead glance at your post history - which was at 8 posts at the time - just to see if you make a habit of starting e-fights. Feel free to browse mine: my style is quite consistent (and not likely to change).

As I said, I explained my original point twice. I'm not interested in reading any walls of text about my behavior, what kind of person you think I am, or any names you've come up with to describe me.

Welcome to the forums.
"
Aixius wrote:

Actually I took the time to instead glance at your post history - which was at 8 posts at the time - just to see if you make a habit of starting e-fights. Feel free to browse mine: my style is quite consistent (and not likely to change).

If you think you can conclude anything from 8 posts other than I'm rather new on the forum, then I'm pretty amazed. Especially because all but two of the post is in this thread, where I started out with a very positive and constructive cheering. And of the two posts admittedly one is a kind free bump and a reference on the sale bumping rules to a person that was overbumping a sale thread, but the other was again a cheerful construtive post.

And I did check out the top your posts, which sadly had a lot of the same that you showed up with here. - and shame on you for trying to attack my credibility, especially with your track record!

"
Aixius wrote:

As I said, I explained my original point twice. I'm not interested in reading any walls of text about my behavior, what kind of person you think I am, or any names you've come up with to describe me.

Yet here you are posting on the subject - again!

"
Aixius wrote:

Welcome to the forums.

Thanks!
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 5:32:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info