0.10.1 Patch Notes

"
srnkrkgrd wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.10.1
Features/Content:
  • All skill gems and support gems have received new art.

I really like this change, because it makes a lot easier to see what you actually have in those full stash tabs of gems. How about iterating futher on this and add a glow/spark/color-variation of the gems according to their quality level? That way there would be a visual representation of the quality of the gems and they would be easy spotable as well.

Anyhow thumbs up - keep up the good work! Eventhough I'm not certain that the new gem visuals are perfect, I'll refrain from commenting further on that until I've gotten used to them. :)

i agree.

but: it has become only a LITTLE BIT easier to quickly see what is what but not really. I still have to memorize a lot of different gem designs in order to know what is what and find it quickly in a stash that is full with gems (and sooner or later it will be full with gems). Furthermore the difference between support gems and skill gems isn't so clear anymore. I really, really hope that GGG will have a smart idea how to make sorting, finding, distinguishing them better. so far it is suboptimal!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:

I still have to memorize a lot of different gem designs in order to know what is what and find it quickly in a stash that is full with gems (and sooner or later it will be full with gems). Furthermore the difference between support gems and skill gems isn't so clear anymore.

That was my initial though as well. Eventhough the individual designs are cool. I would have wished for a more generic design, so there would be more accordance in between the gems. Like for fire/lightning/cold/chaos/element/minion/.. (raise zombie, summon skeleton, raise spector, minion speed, minion damage, minion life, dominating blow) to have a symbol and for that to be reused on every gem that has that attribute etc. Then a gem could be visualized by a number of more generalized visual aids.

But then.. maybe the designs will grow on you, but they will never be intuitive in the current iteration. Still it is a very velcome change, as its easier to group up the gems of same type. :)
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 5:38:53 AM
"
Chris wrote:
[li]Added new music for the Act Three boss fight.[/li]

When I fought Act Three boss today there wasn't any new music, also I re-downloaded MP3 version of soundtrack and there is still 25 tracks.
My suggestion for the gem-problem:

a) Make the gems much bigger (almost filling out the entire little stash square they occupy) and use the picture from the skill icon that is bound to the mouse-key inside the gem because it's easier to SEE (instead of hovering over the gem) what gem it is and IF it is the wanted gem. The current design is awesome but not so much more helpful or convenient or practical.

b) Furthermore it would be cool if the gems (as "srnkrkgrd" suggested) could have different glows indicating their quality level. Example: very light red for 0%-5% and very dark and full red for 15%-20%. The colors should only change for steps of 5%, not every single 1%.

c) skill gems: SQUARE /// support gems: ROUND or DIAMOND

d) now the hardest part, but would be cool: if under the pictures (but still inside the gem) you could list additional info like:
- AoE (area of effect)
- Atk (attack)
- Proj (projectile)
- Mel (melee)
- Spl (spell)
- Ice (ice)
- Fre (fire)
- Cha (chaos)
........etc......but that would prolly be too difficult - though very, very useful/helpful, not just "nice" like the current, new design.

The faster I can find and sort them by just looking at them (without hovering over them) the better!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Feb 13, 2013, 5:52:48 AM
Does that mean that viper strike/endurance charges actually look different now? :P
IGN: Interloper
Great job as always! I just grabbed my first Microtx pack but can't decide what to spend it on! Can't wait to patch and start playing, and looking forward to seeing what comes next. You can count on my continued support, keep up the good work!
Spend it on stash tabs, always spend it on stash tabs. You can never have enough stash tabs in this game. :p
The only change which I dont like are probably new visual for skill gems:-D Before it was easy to recognize support gems from skill gems.

Now its nearly impossible:-(

It looks really nice but unfortunately before it was easier to use...

edit: I can see that this was already mentioned before so I will just sign under Antigegner post
Last edited by antarian on Feb 13, 2013, 7:46:02 AM
How about you all give yourselves more than an hour or two to memorize the new gem designs before declaring that it is "more difficult than before to differentiate!" when that is clearly not the case.

The active skills all look like the old skill gems with added art that symbolizes what it does. The support skills all have a much more custom look and for the most part feature a rounded gem and/or a deeper colour.
I couldn't help myself. I know this post wasn't peticually aimed at me, but I feel the need to reply to it.

"
Aixius wrote:
How about you all give yourselves more than an hour or two to memorize the new gem designs before declaring that it is "more difficult than before to differentiate!" when that is clearly not the case.

I was trying to restrain myself from jumping to conclusions as you will see if you read my posts. As to the part of your statement:
"
Aixius wrote:
clearly not the case
That is just an opinion as the:
"
more difficult than before to differentiate
and they're like assholes. Everyones got one. If you want people to respect yours then I suggest that you lead by example or prepare to have yours violated by other people.

"
Aixius wrote:

The active skills all look like the old skill gems with added art that symbolizes what it does. The support skills all have a much more custom look and for the most part feature a rounded gem and/or a deeper colour.

I think that you might have left out the opening of these statements. Did you mean "I feel..", "I think.." or "I believe.." or is that implied, since you're the author of this post?

I feel that any criticism is good criticism as long as it is contructive criticism. And that it tries to improve the thread in general.

Take this post as in example of poor thread behavior, where I nitpick your post and do try the two-wrongs makes a right theory. I just believe that your post is unconstrutive eventhough I think you meant well.

And I still stick to my earlier posted opinions on the new gems design. Certainly a step in the right direction for me, but not an optimal. Peace out!
Last edited by srnkrkgrd on Feb 13, 2013, 9:50:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info