1H + Shield w/ Aegis Aurora (Lvl 83) - Added Video

so i guess u didn't take the endurance charge for merciless bandits, but in future i'd strongly advise everyone to get it for any tanky build i guess.
PM me in the forum if i win
"
Pathological wrote:

Not even close.

Damage Reduction from armor = Armour / ( Armour + (12 * Damage) ). As an example, to mitigate 50% of incoming physical damage (approximately), you need about 12 times the armor as the incoming damage (assuming no endurance charges).

Endurance charges are so important because each extra endurance charge reduces the amount of negatively scaling armor based damage reduction you need by a static amount.

Well, that's kind of a bummer. I understand the static damage reduction from endurance charges. I had taken the character sheet to be accurate. They need to find a way to incorprate a more accurate calculation if they are going to use one at all. The damage reduction varies based on the damage taken while the sheet is giving you the impression of a flat damage reduction.

I can easily respec and pick up the endurance charge, so it's no big deal. I just wish it was more clear from the start.

So if the character sheet is not based upon this formula, what IS it based on? I changes with level, so it's based upon monster level some how.
Last edited by big_aug on Feb 13, 2013, 12:31:52 PM
Wow. I've been planning on making an aegis aurora build ever since closed beta, but I had no idea that the ES regen rate doesnt even have a cap. There's no way in hell that this isnt being nerfed.
IGN: Iolar
"
BRavich wrote:
Wow. I've been planning on making an aegis aurora build ever since closed beta, but I had no idea that the ES regen rate doesnt even have a cap. There's no way in hell that this isnt being nerfed.

This won't be nerfed in my opinion. As I said in the OP, it doesn't work as well with slow attacking, hard hitting mobs. It certainly does nothing versus chaos mobs, but the block does help there.
Just did some 73 maps. No problem with anything non-chaos.
Do you go up towards the templar tree after resolute technique or pick up the damage and shield nodes towards duelist? Rushing hp nodes just seems ingrained now for HC haha
"
illinivb7 wrote:
Do you go up towards the templar tree after resolute technique or pick up the damage and shield nodes towards duelist? Rushing hp nodes just seems ingrained now for HC haha

The HP nodes at the top of the templar tree were the last ones I got, HP wise. I just finished those. I didn't get those until I could respec 4 points to get both an 8% and the 18% life.

I did a lot of respecing along the way. I would not put points into str/int/dex nodes unless I could get to the nodes after it. I would spec other things until I had enough, then respec those points to get to the good stuff.

I just added a quality Immortal Call jsut for the hell of it to use on hard hitting in maps like Brutus.
Last edited by big_aug on Feb 13, 2013, 8:04:49 PM
Why did'nt you take the Blood Magic skill?

Please show us a short video of you in combat also.

:)
So if i read this right, you just chose to not use Molten Shell since you don't like it, but there isn't actually a reason for not using it is there?

i love reflect/ tank builds and i will use yours with molten shell to make my first character after the reset, now that i have time to play again. HC of course so a valid tank build is nice to get some gear
What reset?

I also did not realize how rare that shield was, makes it hard to build as a first HC toon. There's always that hope to be able to get one by the time you're 60 heh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info