1H + Shield w/ Aegis Aurora (Lvl 83) - Added Video

Why not take mace passives near bloodless, you gain 20% phys damage and 6% att speed.
"
NagiSoi wrote:
Why not take mace passives near bloodless, you gain 20% phys damage and 6% att speed.

It costs 4 points for 28% dmg and 6% attack speed. Other nodes provide 30%+ dmg for 3 points. I feel like bloodless is not worth wasting a point on to gain 2% dmg and 6% attack speed.

It would be worth taking smashing blows later. I plan to get the 3 physical dmg nodes at the top of the templar tree for 30% dmg. I'd respec the first 6% phys dmg and take Smashing Blows when I leveled at some point for 12% dmg + 6% attack speed from 2 nodes. Then I'd respec again and take all three of the phys dmg nodes at the top for 30% dmg for 3 points versus 20% dmg + 6% attack speed for 3 points.

I'll be respecing points a lot from now on to gain the most out of them. Levels take so long that it's foolish not to spend a few regrets to maximize each and every point.

Realistically, it looks like I'm going to have to take the +20 dex/int node at the start of the Marauder tree. I'm relying on gear to provide enough into to eqiup all my gear, and I don't have enough dex to use faster attacks. I'll probably have to take a +30 dex node as well. That would let me use up to a level 13 faster attacks. With 15% quality it would be about 42% increased attack speed.
Last edited by big_aug on Feb 14, 2013, 2:47:31 PM
I respecced back again. The extra DPS was hardly noticable and the lack of armor was definitely noticable.
"
big_aug wrote:
I respecced back again. The extra DPS was hardly noticable and the lack of armor was definitely noticable.

I guess the extra 60% or some increased armor makes a difference when you have about 5k or so armor compared to 30% increase in damage when you have lowish damage.

Btw is the 2% physical damage life leech worth the point compared lets say to one endurance charge or 2% extra block chance?

Cuz if its worth i think this would be better http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0UUhZvGS4ZhRoyGjgaVR0UIQIkqiftKMUpLir2LdIyCTboNuk6UjrYPfxHfkw1TdhPfVBHUFBRYFPfVElVxlYEWGNY21nzXz9gS2EhYVJko2VNZp5yqXTteu97jHy4fNmAVoFvhNmE74ZgjHaMz49GkFWbg548ns2fy6C0ogCnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-0-bndwBrG2M9l0NDeweNq5FHkredS567sOO8O8B_yL_O-8932SPrS-6pXDdIhkc7ZYdSP
Last edited by NagiSoi on Feb 14, 2013, 7:17:23 PM
Great vids man,

Basically we can say that with the right build aegis aurora is the most op item in the game.
In game name - VomitingRainbows - GMT +1
"
NagiSoi wrote:
"
big_aug wrote:

I guess the extra 60% or some increased armor makes a difference when you have about 5k or so armor compared to 30% increase in damage when you have lowish damage.

Btw is the 2% physical damage life leech worth the point compared lets say to one endurance charge or 2% extra block chance?

If you don't use Warlord's Mark, I think life leech is absolutely essential. When fighting chaos mobs, you all the life regen you can get.

And yea, the armor is huge. I did gain an extra 9% armor for the same amount of points by taking a different set of armor nodes near the center of the map.

Skill
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0S4RQgFE0UUhZvGS4ZhRoyGjgaVRv6HRQhAiSqJd8n7SjFKvYt0jAZMgk26DbpOlI62Ed-TDVN2E99UEdQUFFgU99USVW1VcZWBFhjWNtZ818_YEthIWFSZKNlTWaecD5yqXTteu97jHzZgFaBb4TZhO-GYIx2jM-PRpBVm4OePJ7Nn8ugtKIApBmnMKeEqZWrxayqrK-0-bndwBrG2M9l0NDUj97B42rkUeSt51LnruoY7DjvDvAf8i_zvvPd9kj3vvrS
Last edited by big_aug on Feb 14, 2013, 7:58:43 PM
"
kendoka wrote:
Great vids man,

Basically we can say that with the right build aegis aurora is the most op item in the game.

The thicket video pretty much sucks. It's freaking hard to play in groups sometimes. Can't see crap and no idea whats going on sometimes.

I soloed a 66 map today and recorded it. I'll upload it. Yea, it's 66, I know. But it shows how it plays, the damage output, etc.
Posted a video of a Level 69 Map. Did some 71's but I didn't record anything.

I upgraded to a 5L finally. I had to take a dex node when I hit 83 to be able to use faster attacks. I also got some solid Armor/ES boots. Too bad no MS, but too good not to use.

So how is soloing 70+ can you even put out enough damage to solo?

I want to do this build but I feel if damage output is so low it may be boring and too slow to solo.

Also posting the level 60s maps really doesnt do anything for us :(

Has to be your level :)
Last edited by crashxdjp on Feb 15, 2013, 8:58:56 PM
"
crashxdjp wrote:
So how is soloing 70+ can you even put out enough damage to solo?

I want to do this build but I feel if damage output is so low it may be boring and too slow to solo.

Also posting the level 60s maps really doesnt do anything for us :(

Has to be your level :)

No one does maps their level in HC. Highest most people I play with go is 74.

Last edited by big_aug on Feb 15, 2013, 10:02:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info