Kripparrian's Frost Pulse Maurader.

"
Bkzer wrote:
Can someonehelp me im doing the same build have a 17% quality freezing pulse and have gloves that do 7-22 cold damage and stuff and my freezing pulse only does 36 damage....... i dont know if its becuase my wand is really crappy? i cant seem to buy one or find one with cold damage it just has lightning damage and fire damage will it go up when i get a cold damage wand??????

You want +spell damage %, not +added flat elemental damage.

"
After reading that I'm still unsure. I understand both arguments, but it seems impossible to verify with current info. Would really need base hp values of monsters, the exact way dmg is calculated for freezing pulse waves, and whether shock stacks impact the damage of the current wave if they get triggered by the previous wave.

"
Why doesnt he get the "Chance to Shock" node? It's 1 after "Static Blows".

Some more detailed math instead of eyeballing would've been nice, but you can still get the general idea by watching Kripp play the spec at high level with juicy gear.

The significant portion of the gimmick is critting with ALD, which puts 3 shock stacks on the mob, not proccing Static Blows. After that, you also have the crit multiplier, which gets to significant amounts through the nodes and gear. After that, you have the shotgun and pierce effect natural to FP (either the whole wave crits or no projectile crits). Static Blows is mostly there because of the added duration, not the 10% to proc Shock. When you put all of that together, you get some very respectable shock uptime. For 2 points (since you're there for Divine Toughness anyway), it's a good deal. If it procs on low to mid health mobs outside of crits and you can cascade off it, that's just icing on the cake, especially on group play.

Lastly, I'd like to refresh the idea that the spec is pretty gear dependent in that there will be a breakpoint of sorts where you will actually benefit more from ALD + Static Blows than you would with shitty gear (and/or no crit nodes) where the shocking might seem very seldom.
That's what I gathered from playing the spec and some spectating, anyway. Hope it helps clear it up a bit.9
Last edited by dndallasta on Feb 19, 2013, 1:42:48 AM
"
Bkzer wrote:
Can someonehelp me im doing the same build have a 17% quality freezing pulse and have gloves that do 7-22 cold damage and stuff and my freezing pulse only does 36 damage....... i dont know if its becuase my wand is really crappy? i cant seem to buy one or find one with cold damage it just has lightning damage and fire damage will it go up when i get a cold damage wand??????

Bonus damage from items like gloves, etc do not effect spells, they only effect melee or elemental ranged abilities.

You are using a spell. You need spell damage or +% cold damage.
IGN @Badwald
"
Is this build viable without any quality gems?

Yes you can, all the people are going mad about quality fp because that's what Kripp use, so they copy blindly, but that is not needed at all due to the way fp work. Fp efficiency goes up the closer your are to you opponent, and since you are a tank you should use that. Quality on fp only make the spell travel further and quicker, so make your damage apply further away since the damage is invert proportion to your range, but it's really not needed, just tank the mobs, that's what the build is for and the beauty of it. Also the build is based on critical for a reason, it's not like quality gems will change a lot into those 2 factors that sustain the build.

Also dropping blood magic is really lame for this build imo, in face of a boss you'll need to go back and forth to fill your mana pot like a noob every 10 cast or have your party do your job. If you want to sustain your casting with mana you will need to change the build and go for mana nodes and ele damage rather than critics if you want to make any sense. Level more or drop some spell mods that are too mana costly for what they bring, up your damage per cast for life leech to trigger more and your life regen, then add your mods later when you can pay their cost. If i'm not wrong i heard people saying Kripp went to casting around lv50, but he have his own issues to deal with (he need to show efficiency in his stream).
Last edited by Halagaz on Feb 19, 2013, 2:08:05 AM
"
Halagaz wrote:
"
Is this build viable without any quality gems?

Yes you can, all the people are going mad about quality fp because that's what Kripp use, so they copy blindly, but that is not needed at all due to the way fp work. Fp efficiency goes up the closer your are to you opponent, and since you are a tank you should use that. Quality on fp only make the spell travel further and quicker, so make your damage apply further away since the damage is invert proportion to your range, but it's really not needed, just tank the mobs, that's what the build is for and the beauty of it. Also the build is based on critical for a reason, it's not like quality gems will change a lot into those 2 factors that sustain the build.

Also dropping blood magic is really lame for this build imo, in face of a boss you'll need to go back and forth to fill your mana pot like a noob every 10 cast or have your party do your job. If you want to sustain your casting with mana you will need to change the build and go for mana nodes and ele damage rather than critics if you want to make any sense. Level more or drop some spell mods that are too mana costly for what they bring, up your damage per cast for life leech to trigger more and your life regen, then add your mods later when you can pay their cost. If i'm not wrong i heard people saying Kripp went to casting around lv50, but he have his own issues to deal with (he need to show efficiency in his stream).

i don't reallyknow if you have watched him playing, and/or know about supportive gems he'susing, he uses blood magic on freezing pulse and reserves mana JUST for auras, conidering the amount of hp recover + life leech you can spam FP easily
FP > GMP > ALD > Blood Magic > Life Leech

What's the best gem for the 6th slot if you have a 6L?
"
FP > GMP > ALD > Blood Magic > Life Leech

What's the best gem for the 6th slot if you have a 6L?

I think Lightning Penetration is a pretty good choice.
Iron Will hands down.

You have so much str as a maurader its a huge % multiplier.
amazing how many mechanics questions are in this thread

before you copy "famous" streamer builds and rip yourself in hc like 90% of those so called wander who play a partytoon in soloplay try to learn mechanics and basics of this game

and to the comment kripp doesnt get stuff for free i lol hard alone in his deathvideo he got several trades with uniques for free to push his twink so plz keep the facts straight

things like do i need lmp or why dont he use irongrip shoudlnt be asked when you play hc and want to stay alive

bet i see a ton of you soon in global damm i died and i copied everything what did i do wrong lol

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 19, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
What would be a good 4L combo for single-target ability, other then Bear Traps?

Ice Spear + ALD + ICD + Blood Magic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info