[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

That LA build does seem interesting. I have a ranger up to 36 atm. I ended up buying the bow just before reading your post and for exactly the same reasons you mentioned.

What class/ascendancy will you be going with for your LA build?

Thanks again for the insight and look forward to hearing how the build goes.
Last edited by konsherps on Jun 11, 2016, 11:55:15 AM
"
konsherps wrote:
That LA build does seem interesting. I have a ranger up to 36 atm. I ended up buying the bow just before reading your post and for exactly the same reasons you mentioned.

What class/ascendancy will you be going with for your LA build?

Thanks again for the insight and look forward to hearing how the build goes.

I'm going Inquisitor since I discussed build with friend prior to 2.3 and when we saw that the class was getting buffed (!) this seemed pretty good.

Downside is, one of our group members is already playing it, you need good life pool and a Cybil's Lament if you're gonna use LA + PTL for 100% Lightning Conversion, which is true damage with Inevitable Judgment.

Other options you can consider are Witch for Elementalist, and ofc Deadeye for more projectiles (Frost Wall op) or Raider for very fast clear speeds. I personally have not had experience with Pathfinder so I cannot comment on that, hopefully someone in the thread who has tried it can provide insight. The one HUGE upside of Pathfinder is that you can use Vinktar which along with life pool + Cybil means you're gonna survive big hits against Reflect without much issue.

Currently guild mate has Kaom's and 5L bow with the setup I mentioned, very strong.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I like to give thanks for all the work everyone has put into this guide, since I find it very useful when playing a Ranger.

The only thing that IMO could use a bit of improvement is the discussion about rare quivers.
Two lines are a little bit bare-bones and I had to seek out other quides to get more info about picking those. Right now it almost feels like you have to pick Drillneck, because that's the only option that gets discussed.

I would suggest adding at least a bit of discussion on how to prioritize the stats on a quiver, especially the topic of flat phys vs crit multi vs crit chance vs attack speed.

Are there any guildelines? Or do you recommend just comparing tool-tip DPS?

Hi there !

I have a little question and can't really go through 700pages of discussions.

If i go for Tornado Shot with Drillneck, what kind of bows am I looking for ? Physical ones or elemental ones ? to scale with auras, etc..
Or is there two different methods that are viable ?

I was thinking about elemental ones, to scale with the affix "x% elemental damage with weapons" on some equipement pieces.

Thanks
Yeah, I'm 6L'ing Reach. Has the potential to live up to the hype.

Started a Templar few days ago, progress thread here if anyone is interested: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677504

Playing this as a side character so don't know when I'll reach end game with it, but it's young, Level 73.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 11, 2016, 8:33:41 PM
Hey guys, I came to ask for some advice, probably gear wise.
My DMG is pretty fine, 12k TS, 17K with Hatred and HOI, and around 35k at full buff.
With that being said, I'm kinda squashy in hard boss fights, barely can do merc Izaro last stage and I really want to try Atziri but I'm probably not strong enough.
"
Boomri wrote:
Hey guys, I came to ask for some advice, probably gear wise.
My DMG is pretty fine, 12k TS, 17K with Hatred and HOI, and around 35k at full buff.
With that being said, I'm kinda squashy in hard boss fights, barely can do merc Izaro last stage and I really want to try Atziri but I'm probably not strong enough.

Tabula is not always the answer. I personally hate it as an item, rather have something with stats on it. 5L good chest imo is better than Tabula, situationally.

Also in my opinion PTL-WED is a noob trap. Tooltip DPS doesn't mean shit. Look at all the bosses that you fight. "Resists Elemental Damage."

Now look at what they (generally) don't have. "Armoured." Guess what's gonna do better? Increased Crit Strikes + Multi (or even Increased Crit Strikes + Added Fire, where you retain all your Phys damage) or WED + PTL?
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 12, 2016, 1:30:13 AM
"

Also in my opinion PTL-WED is a noob trap. Tooltip DPS doesn't mean shit. Look at all the bosses that you fight. "Resists Elemental Damage."

Now look at what they (generally) don't have. "Armoured." Guess what's gonna do better? Increased Crit Strikes + Multi (or even Increased Crit Strikes + Added Fire, where you retain all your Phys damage) or WED + PTL?

Can't hear you over the sound of my huge numberzzzzz

Awesome

On a more serious note, I have been experimenting with single target setups for drillneck ever since pierce buff and this really does seem like the best option for me:

Burning arrow-PPAD-SP-Pierce-PTL-WED

I tried standard puncture trap, pure phys (no ptl) puncture/frenzy/concentrated roa, ptl frenzy and ptl blast rain, but somehow burning arrow just pulls ahead.

Then again, the better the gear, the more it is just a matter of preference, so whatever works for you :P
Last edited by Applefarm on Jun 12, 2016, 4:33:49 AM
Hello, have a question
Where is the best choice to build ascendancy class? for aziri(uber) farming.
Hi,i have 1 question:increased duration requires 108strength,how am i suppose to fill that?
IGN-BeautifulMiledi or OnlyUseCold

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info