Freeze Pulse Support Gems New HC League

I'm just curious whats support gems people will be using for freeze pulse in the new HC league, please include Power charge on critical. So.... Thanks in advance.

Freezing Pulse > PCoC > X > X > X > X
GMP, echo, added lightning(quality), crit dmg. I guess in that order.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 16, 2014, 3:31:35 PM
Just so you know critical weakness is being reworked and renamed and will add power charges on kill. In short, you don't need to use volls or pcoc any more, which is great cuz fp is so tight for gems its not funny.

FP>GMP/LMP>cold pen is the absolute core. echo is another nessesity and leech will probably be as well until you get enough ele leech. Faster casting is great, especially when paired with echo and if you can ever drop life leech then maybe squeeze in a crit gem.
"
Splift wrote:
Just so you know critical weakness is being reworked and renamed and will add power charges on kill. In short, you don't need to use volls or pcoc any more

FOR REAALLLLLL??!!

Spoiler

Crit multi, here I come.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
Splift wrote:
Just so you know critical weakness is being reworked and renamed and will add power charges on kill. In short, you don't need to use volls or pcoc any more, which is great cuz fp is so tight for gems its not funny.

FP>GMP/LMP>cold pen is the absolute core. echo is another nessesity and leech will probably be as well until you get enough ele leech. Faster casting is great, especially when paired with echo and if you can ever drop life leech then maybe squeeze in a crit gem.

WHATTT
this changes EVERYTHING
Pants of Textile
http://i.imgur.com/au5R7LT.jpg
"
Splift wrote:
Calling it now.

warlords mark: gives endurance charges on kill, leech and maybe will give something else next patch

assasins mark: (http://i.imgur.com/au5R7LT.jpg) gives power charges on kill, life/mana on kill and crit

poachers mark: I am predicting will give frenzy charges on kill, life/mana on hit and some sort of ranged bonus?
In fact I wonder if.... triple curse, triple charge, discharger would be possible if all this comes true?
Last edited by Splift on Aug 16, 2014, 3:56:30 PM
considering the above information you will want to go for these deffinitely:

GMP
Echo
Cold Pen

Then it basically up to you depending what you're building. 2 of the below, cant think of another you might use, or 1 of the below if you still stick with PCoC

Life Leech (if its your way of regening)
Added Lightning (if you want to make a shock FPer)
Crit Chance (if you are making crit FP)
Crit damage (if you are making crit FP - probably better than chance, as tree offers much more chance than multi)
Mana Leech (if you cant sustain the skill)
Faster Casting (if you can sustain this and echo and you dont want the above - nice...)
Reduced Mana (again an option if you cant sustain the mana)
Blood Magic (if you're life based and taking a lot of life and life regen nodes maybe)

etc etc

But the first 3 are by far the most important.

GMP > LMP unless you cannot afford GMP's extra cost.
Echo - better than faster casting and you get 2 casts - no brainer
Cold Pen - is just essentially 35% more damage which is more than other gems are going to give you. This assumes the mob has 0 cold resist. If it doesnt you are doing say 35% less damage without it so its a great gem to use.

Oh and personally this is my set up:

Solo/Party can curse new curse: FP>GMP>LL>Echo>Cold Pen>Crit Dmg
Party and they keep over cursing me swap crit dmg for PCoC

With this tree for 3month HC

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34rpAkuu2VsbJf6zbRlXKy2LH8cRUDW5pysdTy0fTLOus0GW0PVQMNteEQ-VIMHzoqMPxLjKO3x_xsHFLL-GrlZjFdfsGHC7j_rQ0EcG2-fy4WNDDkhd8nDVcFKJ00LD34QC_ow2X2qsmPfXhEhca8Ntm6GPRh0U-tIXL2TnVdaApGaecU2az7cxQ2OdxFj1FkCFfRzckye0DEZxgwlvnpykhxN3B8pKUUysR31bKk0_J0rIbqq18qluKjgVICzp3Q2QCjqzW69OKimlXyp0Vev1ZJ3yHeq6DXwpT-QijmT3prb6V8ko-oLH-ehb9A==

Using Bereks grip so i dont take reflect dmg
Last edited by xDexDeusx on Aug 16, 2014, 6:08:13 PM
Penetration gems actually work better the more resistant an enemy is.
So adding it to a spell is mandatory for high resist monsters.

Dropping a monster from 75% res to 50% res doubles your damage against it for example, no other gem can do that.
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
"
kasub wrote:
GMP, echo, added lightning(quality), crit dmg. I guess in that order.

I do not agree with added lightning, since FP itself, cold damage cluster get buffed and shock nerfed.
Coldpen should do way better then this in 1.2
I think Cold Penetration is a must on Freeze Pulse.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info