Does Cast or Attack Speed effect Traps in any way?

"
Okay, so could somebody please tell me exactly what WILL increase the damage of Fire Trap? Earlier in general chat I asked if passive skills such as +8% elemental damage, +10% spell damage and +8% fire damage would effect the damage of Fire Trap (which is a dexterity based attack) and I was told that yes, since it deals fire damage, all of these modifiers affect it.

I'd really love to know what actually does affect it, since this doesn't seem to be written in stone anywhere.

Not sure if it's written in stone (OP was asking about cast speed btw) but as far as I can tell from using +Spell damage gear and +fire damage nodes they both increase fire trap damage.
HC Witch: FauxfoxColdtoes
HC Shadow: FoxMeNightly

Traps, traps everywhere!
"
Okay, so could somebody please tell me exactly what WILL increase the damage of Fire Trap? Earlier in general chat I asked if passive skills such as +8% elemental damage, +10% spell damage and +8% fire damage would effect the damage of Fire Trap (which is a dexterity based attack) and I was told that yes, since it deals fire damage, all of these modifiers affect it.

I'd really love to know what actually does affect it, since this doesn't seem to be written in stone anywhere.

Fire trap deals fire elemental spell damage and can be affected by

% Fire damage
% Elemental damage
% Burning damage for the DoT effect
% Spell damage
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Feb 3, 2013, 10:14:38 PM
"
"

Fire trap deals fire elemental spell damage and can be affected by

% Fire damage
% Elemental damage
% Burning damage for the DoT effect
% Spell damage

I believe that 3 out of 4 of those you listed only effect the initial trap explosion damage, and the "Burning damage" passives increase the damage on the burning only.
Thanks for the replies in regards to Fire Trap damage modifiers :)
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
govaguy wrote:
"
Sagittariuss wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:

I don't think that's true. You can add 1 more trap with trap talent near the Shadow. I haven't found any unique that does that to, so the max trap number would be 4. Am I missing something?

You can have 5 mines at the same time tho.

There's 2 trap clusters, not just 1.

There's 1 by the Shadow Starting area.
The 2nd is in the center of the tree, near the totem buffs.

Which doesn't have a "number of traps" node.

I believe he is referring to the trap cluster at the bottom of the tree near Ondars Guile. It has another node for one additional trap. Also, there are 5 trap clusters on the tree. (unsure if this changed since your post)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info