Does Cast or Attack Speed effect Traps in any way?

I've seen this question asked a few times on the forum, including in the skill discussion forum but never saw an answer. Does Cast Speed or Attack Speed reduce the cooldown so you get more traps to lay faster? Also, does the passive "Number of Traps Allowed" increase how many traps you can hold from 3 to 4? Or does it only mean you can put 4 on the ground instead of 3, while still only having 3 charges at a time?
Faster Cast affects traps like a normal spell. So it is more traps per second.

The maximum traps you could hold is 3. There is no way to modify it at the moment. You can modify the number of traps on the ground up to 5.

Edit: I did a shadow trapper in CBT, i was holding 4 fire traps in my gear, which gave me 12 traps available.
I need more purple titles
Last edited by Ocylix on Feb 3, 2013, 4:52:38 PM
"
Ocylix wrote:
You can modify the number of traps on the ground up to 5.

I don't think that's true. You can add 1 more trap with trap talent near the Shadow. I haven't found any unique that does that to, so the max trap number would be 4. Am I missing something?

You can have 5 mines at the same time tho.
Last edited by Sagittariuss on Feb 3, 2013, 4:56:40 PM
Traps
Traps are very similar to spells, but are not affected by cast speed or spell damage mods. They are affected by % trap laying speed, and relevant damage mods. Integer damage bonuses on gear are not added to trap damage.

from

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

You might ask there if it changed.
Crazy. German. Storyteller. Writer. Poet.
This is pretty much how all threads on the forum are unfortunately regarding traps and cast speed. Some say it works, others say it doesn't, no one knows the latest info. Even in the skill feedback forums there are no clear and recent responses from GGG on how it works.
"
Sagittariuss wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:

I don't think that's true. You can add 1 more trap with trap talent near the Shadow. I haven't found any unique that does that to, so the max trap number would be 4. Am I missing something?

There's 2 trap clusters, not just 1.

There's 1 by the Shadow Starting area.
The 2nd is in the center of the tree, near the totem buffs.
If cast speed doesn't impact traps, wouldn't Iron Will be a great support gem to boost their damage without any penalty? Other than mana cost that is.
"
If cast speed doesn't impact traps, wouldn't Iron Will be a great support gem to boost their damage without any penalty? Other than mana cost that is.

Building a trap shadow, you won't have very high strength. Better to go with something like one of the added elemental damage support gems that would get modified by your +% ele damage and spell damage.
HC Witch: FauxfoxColdtoes
HC Shadow: FoxMeNightly

Traps, traps everywhere!
"
govaguy wrote:
"
Sagittariuss wrote:
"
Ocylix wrote:

There's 2 trap clusters, not just 1.

There's 1 by the Shadow Starting area.
The 2nd is in the center of the tree, near the totem buffs.

Which doesn't have a "number of traps" node.
Okay, so could somebody please tell me exactly what WILL increase the damage of Fire Trap? Earlier in general chat I asked if passive skills such as +8% elemental damage, +10% spell damage and +8% fire damage would effect the damage of Fire Trap (which is a dexterity based attack) and I was told that yes, since it deals fire damage, all of these modifiers affect it.

I'd really love to know what actually does affect it, since this doesn't seem to be written in stone anywhere.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info