Snapshotting

noice
Hi Mark,

In what ways are you planning on balancing gems once snapshot has been removed.

I have a level 89 in ambush that I use a few snapshots for. I use Montreguls grasp to snapshot 4 big zombies, and then Chober chaber when I snapshot 5 smaller zombies, I also use the unique Paua amulet when snapshotting to help buff my minions. I'm worried though that doing endgame content with either 9 small zombies or only 4 big zombies, the zombies would die very often and not be very effective to kill things making it very unsafe for me. After snapshot is removed, would some gems like Raise Zombie be looked at for a potential buff, maybe only at higher levels or something?
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Jun 17, 2014, 8:08:47 PM
The changes sound great! Excited for the mini expansion.
Last edited by Nuttzo on Jun 18, 2014, 7:19:08 AM
Good.
Casually casual.

"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
Hi Mark,

In what ways are you planning on balancing gems once snapshot has been removed.

I have a level 89 in ambush that I use a few snapshots for. I use Montreguls grasp to snapshot 4 big zombies, and then Chober chaber when I snapshot 5 smaller zombies, I also use the unique Paua amulet when snapshotting to help buff my minions. I'm worried though that doing endgame content with either 9 small zombies or only 4 big zombies, the zombies would die very often and not be very effective to kill things making it very unsafe for me. After snapshot is removed, would some gems like Raise Zombie be looked at for a potential buff, maybe only at higher levels or something?

This.

I don't play summoners, but I know a lot of people that do. And watching what they do, I'm wondering if the removal of snapshotting is going to weaken them to the point that they can't participate in endgame content.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This article was written by me, Nick and Brian.[/b]

This article was written by Nick, Brian, and I.

Grammar police IMG

It's me not I, you read it as if there were no others. "This article was written by I" vs "This article was written by me"
Last edited by Sebulous on Jun 17, 2014, 8:20:42 PM
I'm impressed with the depth of the article.
I havent used it myself (snapshotting) as I am only just into my 60s with ok gear.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This article was written by me, Nick and Brian.[/b]

This article was written by Nick, Brian, and I.

Spoiler
I'm going to have to ask you to hand in your badge, officer, because that's incorrect.

"This article was written by me" - correct.
"This article was written by I" - incorrect.
The presence of the other names doesn't change which pronoun is used.
Were it phrased such that we were the subject of the sentence, it would be "Nick, Brian and I wrote the article".

http://www.elearnenglishlanguage.com/blog/english-mistakes/i-vs-me/

Putting the pronoun at the end of the list is not a hard grammatical rule, but a common convention*, and whether it applies in certain circumstances changes depending who you ask - I was taught that it applies specifically to "I" because that sounds weirder coming first in a list.

*This is at least my understanding, and certainly seems to be born out by some breif brief internet research on the matter.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 17, 2014, 9:47:48 PM
"
Nuttzo wrote:
That Animated Guardian buff should be pretty interesting. I have not really used the skill, even on a summoner, because when you logout you lose the gear/minion. This should potentially make the skill useful, but it needs a straight buff along with this change.
It sounds like you have a misunderstanding of how Animate Guardian works. You've never lost the gear when you log out, only when it dies.
Previously, anytime you had the gem equipped and entered a non-town area, including the first time after logging in, if the guardian had gear from before, it would be automatically recreated. If you logged off while the guardian had items, it would respwan with those items when you logged back in as soon as you left town.
Now, because all these systems have been standardised, it won't autocreate when you first leave town - so we've made you able to target empty ground in this case to resummon it. Once it's out, it will transition areas with you like other following/permanent minions.
It keeping the items on logout isn't a change from the previous behaviour, just the part where it won't auto-summon itself when you first come back to the game.

You will still lose the gear if the guardian dies, of course.
Posts like this make me excited for 1.2.0 -- compared to 1.1.0's emphasis on new content, there appears to be a much greater focus on fixing and refining the existing game this time around.

To the new GGG guys
nick and fitzy post moar pls
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info