1.1.2 Patch Notes

Really excellent patch!
"
Chris wrote:
Arctic Breath's damage has been increased by 42% at level 1, up to an increase of 95% at level 15.
Really nice, but the biggest problem with Arctic Breath is still unresolved. I don't know if you guys noticed, but the thing explodes if it hit's the littlest bug flying in the air (referring to small rocks and debris on the ground, or the edge of a cliff) — this is the only projectile with that sort of behavior and it's really annoying. Is it some sort of engine limitation related to the chilled ground it creates, or what?

"
Xenthian wrote:
With regards to the "reduced drop-rate of vaal orbs" does this mean they have a better chance of actually doing something now? I mean, from my personal experience 75% of the time they do nothing but corrupt.
Do you not know what "drop" means? Or are you thinking that they made Vaal orbs more potent to compensate?
Making vaal orbs more potent is totally unnecessary.

All that's changed is the chance of finding a Vaal orb. If they changed it's chances they would have posted that in the notes as well.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Apr 8, 2014, 11:44:50 PM
Still no pants?
What the heck is up with all these whiners about the Smoke mine change?

I've never used smoke mine on my summoner and have always been managing just fine.

L_2_P
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
"
Moasseman wrote:

I've never used smoke mine on my summoner and have always been managing just fine.

L_2_P

Your in ambush, don't tell people to l2p

Their is a big differance between trying to compete in the ladder ranking's and playing casual, Your summoner i'm sure is fine for playing casual.
Last edited by RlVAL on Apr 9, 2014, 10:58:04 AM
"
Moasseman wrote:

L_2_P

I'm so tired of people like you who pretends this is no issue. You ruin the game for the players that like the competitive side of the game.

Summoners as it is now, is not viable to race towards Atziri kill. I don't care about evangelists. I would attempt the fight with just zombies, if I could get them out of harms way.

The option is no longer, and you pretend it is just fine, like nothing was changed.

Pisses me off.

SO MANY QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ'S, stop crying baddies and quit Invasion if it's too hard for you.
"
"
Moasseman wrote:

L_2_P

I'm so tired of people like you who pretends this is no issue. You ruin the game for the players that like the competitive side of the game.

Summoners as it is now, is not viable to race towards Atziri kill. I don't care about evangelists. I would attempt the fight with just zombies, if I could get them out of harms way.

The option is no longer, and you pretend it is just fine, like nothing was changed.

Pisses me off.

No spec is viable to race towards Atziri, because the competition is already over.

The major balancing bit of summoners is that you lose direct control of your damage. Bypassing this with smoke mine is just dumb and I'm glad it's fixed.
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
Last edited by Moasseman on Apr 9, 2014, 1:31:17 PM
"
Moasseman wrote:
"
"
Moasseman wrote:

L_2_P

Pisses me off.

No spec is viable to race towards Atziri, because the competition is already over.

The major balancing bit of summoners is that you lose direct control of your damage. Bypassing this with smoke mine is just dumb and I'm glad it's fixed.

Another one! Not a summoner, and not in Invasion. Hmmmm... how would you have any idea what we are talking about? Keep to yourself, and come back after testing how things are.

You mean it is intended for minions to get stuck on everything, and it is a good thing they removed the only option to make minions follow? How retarded can one person get?
"
Moasseman wrote:

L_2_P

> Ambush League
yea :D
"
I am incredibly dissapointed with the unending nerfing of summoners. There is a difference between nerfing and adjusting game mechanics.
Cherry picking / Confirmation bias. They've buffed summoners a ton as well. You can't ignore the buffs and only see it as never-ending nerfs. Summoners are a hard thing to balance properly particularly when many new skills and items are added into the game.

"

I think GGG should first focus on nerfing very high end game mechanic flaws,... which are 99% of the time caused by combining high end gear, skill gems on specific builds. Which concerns 0.00001 % of players.
That's not the problem at all. There will always be high end gear that nobody else can get. The problem is with missing features and broken mechanics or skills. If something is too strong then too many people will likely use it resulting in stagnation.
Unless you're referring to snapshotting —which is certainly an issue.
"

General gameplay changes are 10 times worse on the average player and make people leave the game. (Hey that's where the money is guys.) It's the old "just use duct tape" solution to every problem... in the long run it's a bad idea. If you pull a string,... you affect more than one thing. This is why this game needs test servers before making changes worldwide. (Just a suggestion... not that it's new to the gaming community.)

Nerfing is a delicate matter that seems to be often neglected (in most games). For example if you nerf an item because it's overpowered but leave legacy versions, you're only causing more problems because the gap between very high end players and average players will widen even more, but it also doesn't fix the problem and makes people mad because they invested time and efforts working on the specific build before they got the right items.

Considering how rare and epic some [non-unique] items are, and the fact that some uniques are made legacy due to being from specific leagues, having legacy uniques doesn't change the way this game is. This type of game will always have large imbalance favoring the rich.

That said, nerfing doesn't require legacy items. As far as I understand, the whole reason they don't nerf legacy items is that people would cry about the nerf; I think that's a load of crap though since you don't see legacy skills around or anything.

I'd say you and others are too sensitive to nerfs and need to get over it; some may not be justified, but complaining about them in general is silly. It's speculation to say people leave significantly due to nerfs. If things WEREN'T nerfed I'd say it's very likely even more people would be leaving; people want to be playing a balanced game.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info