1.1.2 Patch Notes

"
TheLurker wrote:
Hmmmm.

Too bad the continuing boss nerfs came too little too late to keep tons of people from already leaving.

Maybe next league, Chris.

This.

Either your 'balance' testers have their heads completely up their asses or you just didn't bother to balance fuck all.
"
Maxwells wrote:
Haha look at all the snapshotting pure MF finder summoners rage.

Keep up the good work GGG, love the patch :)

I'm a summoner and I think it's hilarious. Especially the guy complaining about taking up to two hours to find decent minions.... Like, really? If you're spending two hours to get your minion army, you're playing PoE wrong. Are you wasting maps to find the one with undying evangalists, or seriously, what the hell are you doing for two hours?

And minions getting stuck doesn't make summoners unplayable. Yes we should have some mechanic to call our minions to us, but without it, it's simply a hassle. Even if only a couple of your zombies stay with you, you should have enough in skeletons and raging spirits to keep yourself alive long enough to gather your zombies back up. Or just raise a few when you get into the room. Oh wait, you snapshot so that's not an option (HA!) If not, then you've probably got a lot of open gems slots. Considering most of you snapshot, you've got more than enough gem slots to make it work. Try figuring it out instead of saying "oh, I see a change, doesn't look like a buff, WE SUCK! WE'RE UNPLAYABLE NOW!", because when I read that, all I see is "*I* suck".
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
Last edited by DaddyChaddie on Apr 7, 2014, 10:02:26 PM
"
Maxwells wrote:
"
Removing minions teleporting with the summoner if smoke mine is used? This needs to change back again.

Minions are not smart enough to know when to run around tight corners, and sometimes they don't even fit through tight gaps. Sometimes zombies can get past, but some spectres can't.

You simply NEED a way to make minion follow, or a way to pull the out of danger when they are not smart enough to do so themselves.

Zombies leaving poison on the ground etc. your minions love to stand in that shit, and you need to resummon shortly after.

I play a summoner, and I can't do the Tunnels map, because of all the narrow ways your minions get stuck. With smoke mine I could run around the corners and make minions follow me without too much problems.

You can't do every map mod on your summoner? Man that's gotta be a broken thing / sarcasm end.

Every spec has it's ups and downs. A blood magic user won't complain that he can't do non regen maps. So why do you complain that your army can't fit into a shoebox? I'm glad to hear that summoners now actually have to think after they've gathered their army.

A blood magic user wont complain about a non regen map, because you can reroll the map mod. You are not limited by what maps you can do. A summoner without smoke mine will waste too much time in any indoor map because half your dps is stuck behind a wall. Sounds fun to you?

Is it too much to ask to get minions to follow me? And why does it bother so many that I want my minions to follow? Clearly the minion AI is completely broken, and I should complain about it. Smoke mine removed all the frustration. And now that it is again a problem for summoners, everyone that don't play a summoner tells us to chill out and stop complaining, why?

It's good to see the first replies are complaints, it's always not good enough for someone and sadly those are always the people that voice it the most. Most people who are happy with things and changes keep to themselves, or atleast off the forums, and therefor aren't heard. I couldn't ask for much more out of a free rpg that I particularly enjoy playing and has tons of depth to it. Props to the small team for doing what they do and not selling as they said they would never do for us! I might not see them on the in game chat channels like we used to at the start of this all, but they have still stayed true to there path when they could easily have gone other ways for more money offers. Keep on, keepin' on guys, those of us that appreciate it so much are typically too busy enjoying ourselves to post about it as much as the complainers! ;)

Note: I'm not addressing all of course, there are people who bring up valid points of improvements to be made, and then there are obvious complaints from people who just lost a broken machanic, they used, to be on top with
I love the new arc gem, I am testing it with trap and it's a real pleasure!
Finally arc is good!!! :D

Great work overall GGG
You obviously haven't read many post's maxwell's, It has nothing to do with mfing or snapshotting.

And to magical, Your build likely works because your in softcore, and can go die 30 time's without caring, Some of us actually want to stay alive, And that mean's keeping our minion's alive.. Evangelist's we're broken and Im glad they got nerfed, but you dont get the point.. All they had to do was put a cool down on smoke mine, Instead they nerf the skill that was never used in the first place because of the less than 1% of people using it to farm atziri..To think that all they had to do was add a simple 5 second cool down of some sort's but instead choose to break the only utility skill a summoner has for keeping theyre minions alive.. ggwp

The majority of you need to realize that this isnt about summoner's crying that theyre build is broken, it's about how a situation that was OP was handled incorrectly and now build's that shouldnt be broken, are.
Last edited by RlVAL on Apr 8, 2014, 4:05:03 AM
Let's be honest here - Summoners have become very strong lately, not least because of all the heavy uniques that have been added. I rolled my last summoner when spectres were added to the game and I remember thats he was pretty strong with very mediocre gear. I can't even imagine how powerful I'd have been with these new items. And I didn't even mentioned Bone/Flesh Offering yet.
Sooo...did the re-balancing of corrupt area bosses make them harder? I have no problem w/difficult, and fast attacking bosses.BUT, my friend and I kept getting one-shotted from off screen, from two different bosses. One was the EK spider boss in the Corrupt area..we expected it to be challenging, but getting killed in one shot w/out even seeing it on screen..seriously..over and over again...
and the other boss was even worse. Didn't even get close enough to see what boss it was, but after dying 4 times, (after most minions were dead), we gave up on the corrupt area. 1shot, insta kill from off screen every time.
Any thoughts from anyone?

And about the summoner fix..I don't see how summoners are broken? My summoner is strong as hell, cruising through ACT 3Merc w/out much trouble..and I've never used smoke mine. Zombies and titty spitters on the front line, and lightning trap for the rest. This patch DOES NOT break summoners...They buffed a lot of summoner nodes the last big patch, which made them a lot more viable. Smoke mine fix should not completely break any build.

"
MagicalMrE wrote:
"
Maxwells wrote:
Haha look at all the snapshotting pure MF finder summoners rage.

Keep up the good work GGG, love the patch :)

I'm a summoner and I think it's hilarious. Especially the guy complaining about taking up to two hours to find decent minions.... Like, really? If you're spending two hours to get your minion army, you're playing PoE wrong. Are you wasting maps to find the one with undying evangalists, or seriously, what the hell are you doing for two hours?

And minions getting stuck doesn't make summoners unplayable. Yes we should have some mechanic to call our minions to us, but without it, it's simply a hassle. Even if only a couple of your zombies stay with you, you should have enough in skeletons and raging spirits to keep yourself alive long enough to gather your zombies back up. Or just raise a few when you get into the room. Oh wait, you snapshot so that's not an option (HA!) If not, then you've probably got a lot of open gems slots. Considering most of you snapshot, you've got more than enough gem slots to make it work. Try figuring it out instead of saying "oh, I see a change, doesn't look like a buff, WE SUCK! WE'RE UNPLAYABLE NOW!", because when I read that, all I see is "*I* suck".

> ambush
"
because when I read that, all I see is "*I* suck"

yea u right, this is what i read

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info