DOTA/LoL Game Mode = Freakin awesome!

I don't think, it's good idea. It sounds great on paper, but game isn't balanced around DOTA mode at all. So it would be cool at start, but then some specific broken OP builds would completely dominate it. Riot is trying to balance LoL around 1 map for few years already and still there have a lot of problems with it.
Eventually most of the players would say "Wait, why am I playing this crappy, unbalanced dota-ripoff, when I can just play LoL?".

Let's face it, without HUGE resources put in, dota PoE would never be even close to good. And even with huge resources, it still would be worse than LoL.

You guys are like "another game mode? sure, why not" But you forgetting, how hard work GGG would have to put in, to make it work and you probably would play it like 5 times and go back to normal PoE mode or LoL.
Last edited by orzewoi on Feb 13, 2013, 6:53:21 AM
I don't think that GGG would be doing this, as it would be like coding another game entirely once again.

I would like a bit better matchmaking though, in that regard they could do something.
I am pretty sure variety can be increased, but untill simple 1x1 and 3x3 is balanced enough, there is no point for anything even harder to balance. And I guess it will take years to balance 1x1 and 3x3, if GGG will try to do that.
Though they said there will be somehintg like capture the flag and other things.
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
awesome
Are we talking a total restructuring of the camera functionality for this? Do you need a good map that shows the whole battlefield? Do you gain money for killing creeps, and if so what do you spend it on?

It's a really cool idea but there are a lot of technical and gameplay isues.

And getting balanced teams would be a nightmare. The whole point of doing it in an ARPG is so you can use the imba gear you found in PvE, but man just one person with godly gear would completely screw up the whole game if the rest of the people were just average joes. So then you have to add in an ELO system to eventually get that shit balanced out...though I think GGG wants to add that for arenas eventually anyways.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Feb 19, 2013, 1:23:47 AM
Gear is not a problem, it could be done in a race manner. For example, first everyone do pvm for 3-5 hours without trading, and then tournament starts ^^
ign: Grandpa_From_Graveyard
I'm against this. Focus on making a solid aRPG, not a MOBA.
I play LOL, it's a blast and I love MOBAs, but I don't fire up POE to play a MOBA.

I'd rather have the dev time spent on new content that fits in the existing gameplay mode rather than jump onto something entirely different in gameplay.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info