PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

Three recent patches and Atziri Competition Progress

"
txfirefighter wrote:
"
^^ I lost 900 life on my marauder.

Should have planned it better before spending the points.

What has planning to do with messed up skill tree ??
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
Soooooo many rips already this league! :D

thats what makes the new hardcore leagues so much fun!! :)
www.twitch.tv/knowfear823

IGN: knowfear
"
Cactus_CZ wrote:
"
txfirefighter wrote:
"
^^ I lost 900 life on my marauder.

Should have planned it better before spending the points.

What has planning to do with messed up skill tree ??

I think he means planning out your new path thanks to the respec.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

I think he means planning out your new path thanks to the respec.

Well, he could plan it (or plan it better or whatever), yes. But that doesn't change the fact, that they "nerfed" HP, which is nonsense imo, aswell as plenty other things. I dont want to look like another QQing d*ck, but this patch dissapointed me in every direction, so I feel the guy's pain in 900 hp lost.
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
Last edited by Cactus_CZ on Mar 7, 2014, 11:25:31 AM
"
ellrik78 wrote:
Kripparrian, why? he trashed the game and left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVoQWDj6Ulw

Krips was trolling in that video man. You must be kinda dense not to get that. He even says trolling should be banned off the interwebs and that he doesn't know why he left D3.

Know a troll when you see one dude.
1. I still think most Vaal gems are completely underwhelming. They really aren't worth the gem and action bar slot and barely anyone actually uses them.

2. The Marauder area rework was a significant nerf to the vast majority of standard Marauder builds. Much less HP, slightly less damage, but with more armor. That's overall a pretty bad nerf. I'm not even sure why, Marauders are one of the worst end game DPS classes. They have (or at least had) good surviviability to make up for it. So I'm not sure what the goal was with the rework.
"
this is what Atziri dropped for me
Spoiler
i puted in spoiler for people who doesnt wanna see it

Dat flask 8^B
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
I've only been using Vaal Detonate Dead (VDD) so far, but I have to agree that it hardly seems worth taking up an action bar slot, even after the soul patch. I'll have to pay closer attention, but so far it seems that, if you have less than a full charge, changing instances probably -- and going to town definitely -- wipes out the souls accumulated so far, meaning you have to start from 0/48, rather than, say, 43/48 in order to build up a charge. I realize that VDD has the potential to be devastatingly powerful, but when it's placed behind a charge-up wall like this, its potential utility drops sharply.

Having said that, I did manage to use it successfully twice so far. The first time was against the unique invader stone elemental, on a Ledge instance swarming with rock elementals and the non-exploding swarmers (I tend to call them balloon bugs because of the rubbery squeaky noises they make). I had a carpet of dead bugs on Kuduku's hill, and a full charge on VDD, so I kited Big Rock Guy onto it and BOOM. Knocked off something like 70% of his health in one shot. (And this was pre-patch, when I had to get 96 souls for a charge... not that soul quantity has any effect on damage that I'm aware.)

Like I said: it can be hideously useful, but so seldom that I question the value of having it in my action bar in the first place. (I don't have that many skill gems right now, so I have room to spare; as space becomes more of a premium, I may shelve VDD depending upon what I get to take its place.)

=====

On balance I'm liking the new content. I can definitely tell there are a lot more monsters in Invasion, because I'm ridiculously overleveled (level 16 or 17 when I took on Merveil, for crying out loud). Found four corrupted areas so far (Vaal Ground Slam, Vaal Burning Arrow and an extra VDD). I like that those areas are small and limited; makes clearing so much easier.

Wisdom scrolls are thinner on the ground than three-legged ballerinas. Had to revert to my old, old habits of scooping up all the 3x1s, 1x2s and 2x2s I can find for scroll fragments. Might as well be fishing cigarette ends out of the gutter while I'm at it. Ah, well; any Merlot in a storm.
Last edited by Gruentod on Mar 7, 2014, 3:24:04 PM
"
choppin_wood wrote:
The expansion has been great fun so far. I'm interested in hearing some stats on number of players over the launch etc.

Hardly complete, but you can get Steam stats here:

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#6m

Doesn't account for folks like me who got the game directly from Grinding Gear, but it helps give some idea.
I Haven't been playing for almost 2 months... Got tired of this static formula...
Lots of stuff broken in this game and not much to keep me engaged.
I thought that this patch might bring me back but... hell no.
The game is even worse now.
The corrupted areas are just reasons to bring in monsters from other acts and there's no balance to anything.
It feels like GGG wants the non-hardcore crowd (not game mode but guys who play casually and for fun, like me) to just leave... Which is sad.
I really regret ever spending a cent on this game, seeing that I stuck around because I thought the game would improve over time and clearly it has been getting worse.
Major issues have been completely ignored by the Dev Team (outdated graphics, DESYNC, trading overhaul, lack of 3d models) and small crap have been introduced to (seemingly) please the masses.
Basically this "expansion" in nothing of the sort seeing that it brings nothing new, except a couple of bosses...
I find it kind of ridiculous to build all that hype around this.
A league where you open boxes?? Really?? Wow great idea guys! Simply genius!!
A league where we don't have to create new monsters and just take monsters and swap them around all 3 acts?? WOAH! Another genius stroke! Fantastic...
And that's how you throw what could be an excellent game in the garbage.

Slow clap to you GGG, you sure are learning your stuff on how to make it to the big leagues!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info