Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #5

Well, one thing is certain, GGG is pushing end game even more towards party play with additional mods on maps.

I dont like that :(

"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Why does it look like there are standing two of the player in the same spot?

Probably just the animation of the skill been cast. Screen shot taken between frames or something, it happened to a lot of screenshots of the mobs I took.
Last edited by Mammatus on Feb 26, 2014, 3:25:42 PM
"
Mammatus wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Why does it look like there are standing two of the player in the same spot?

Probably just the animation of the skill been cast.

Then where's the totem?

; )

Calling it now: Corrupted Spell Totem duplicates the character for a time, spamming the skill the totem is linked with. The totem will likely have the same stats as the player.

Basically, a short duration totem without the damage penalties and higher defensive values (unless you take hits worse than your totem :P).

Edit: That IS the Flame Totem graphic/icon. My theory is most probably wrong. Sorry guys, bunk post, left it mostly intact for posterity.

But that still doesn't explain where the totem/flame stream are, maybe offscreen? Or does it actually matter?

Hrm.
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
Last edited by TheDancingDead on Feb 26, 2014, 3:37:40 PM
Hmm, I doubt it.
Happy to be proven wrong.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
Well, one thing is certain, GGG is pushing end game even more towards party play with additional mods on maps.

I agree, party play sucks.
They really would make single play as rewarding as party play.
Both in experience gain and loot.

Some people like party play, some like single play some some like PVP.
As it is now you cant reach lvl 100 as a single player.
"
Mammatus wrote:
Hmm, I doubt it.
Happy to be proven wrong.

You're probably right, truth be told.

:/
"Witty remark."

Talisman SC
IGN: HerbalD
"
Lailokaenus wrote:

In the future you should consider releasing more captivating information first, like changes to the skill tree. Here's a really crazy thought - maybe even give the players the ability to test out the new skill tree changes in HC/SC so they have something to do in this 2 week down time in which I can only imagine your active playerbase is a tiny fraction of what it normally is.

That seems too logical though, wouldn't want the new tree or mechanics to get any testing before throwing everything on a new league and having people beta test everything at once.

I was thinking about this and maybe GGG doesn't want players to do any testing with the new tree in the permanent leagues before the new ones start. Maybe they're purposefully designing it so the early portion of the league is sort of chaotic with players having to figure out the new parameters of the game. I don't know for certain, but I'm confident that GGG has a good reason for making the decisions they do.

Also, the reason GGG can't release the skill tree early is because the websites servers are tied to the game servers. Changing the tree on one changes it on the other. However, to help gives players a chance to figure out their builds before the nemesis/domination leagues they took the servers down for ~3 hours or so before the league started. I'm thinking they'll probably do something like this again to players to theory craft their new builds with the incoming changes to the skill tree.
In since 0.8.0
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kungfooe
so there will be lvl 79 maps?
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:

I agree, party play sucks.
They really would make single play as rewarding as party play.
Both in experience gain and loot.

Some people like party play, some like single play some some like PVP.
As it is now you cant reach lvl 100 as a single player.

Also i dont know any legit lvl 100 both on HC and Nemessis, its either heavy RMT, bug exploits, or some other cheat.
All that combined with party play.
Solo honest player stands no chance in this game when it comes to competition.
"
"
Alhoon wrote:
Cool.

Invasion looks crazy. I hope it's not simply random monsters on random areas, that's kind of what maps are for.

Maps are end game only.

It's not interesting come on, they're just mobs. I repeat would be truly disappointing. Nemesis for me was really well made, not only because the nice mods ( >NEW< ) perfect for a hc league, but because they were always there. While exiles and shrine were nice i don't like at all the randomness, sometimes are there and sometimes not. And i feel like the new leagues are going with that randomness again.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info