Eight New Quivers in Challenge Leagues

"
The old ones still drop in Standard and Hardcore, but may stop spawning altogether when Ambush and Invasion end on July 5.
I'm reading this as stockpile Light Quivers because even with the new ones it's still one of the best. % Evasion, +Accuracy, and helping those Templar/Witch Archers better than pretty much everything but Blackgleam and maybe now the crit, accu and Broadhead.
BreakingHearts/RhoaHood/BackAndVeryLate (Standard) | HushtailSweep/HushtailWeeps (Ancestor)
Last edited by SilentOppressor on Feb 25, 2014, 12:29:02 PM
I assume withholding the dex quiver is a deliberate test.
GGG tends not to like when things become must haves.
If they pulled some stats that said nearly every non ranger bow using character had a dex quiver or something like that then they will likely want to experiment with what happens when it is removed.
We'll find out in the new leagues if dex quivers are a necessity or just a crutch.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Are these the top values or is Chris trolling us? Example: the 29% increased global critical strike chance can be 30% on a different drop?
It's look really nice. Can't wait for patch.
I really think the missing cold damage quiver is the one I will miss the most.
They can just throw in a 30 Dex Node in Witch Starting Area.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
WoW!

Any old geezer like me who played Asheron's Call?

These quivers just reminded me of the awesome Fletching trade skill where you spent hours making Arrowheads! Blunt, Piercing, Lightning, Fire, Frost, etc etc...

Man... that game was so ahead of it's time...
Life on hit quivers?? 2 physics, only one elemental damage (fire, lol), no more dex quivers.. Why? Improvement would be better if you add some chaos damage, strength or ENERGY SHIELD quivers

Having made off-class bow builds before, I really think removing the Light Quiver type isn't a good idea. For Rangers, I'd imagine a lot of the new quiver bases are good enough to crowd out the fairly weak benefit of the Dex stat, especially now that the integer damage quivers are buffed. But Light Quivers made things a lot easier for niche INT- or STR-based archery builds. I know that GGG wants more stat pressure, but I think this goes too far in the other direction and suppresses cool builds that aren't even threateningly powerful.
"
DarkWap wrote:
Life on hit quivers?? 2 physics, only one elemental damage (fire, lol), no more dex quivers.. Why? Improvement would be better if you add some chaos damage, strength or ENERGY SHIELD quivers

At the same time they wouldnt make much sense. The logic they are going for here is clearly arrow tips adjusting the attack's stats somehow(chaos damage would make sense, str/ES quivers wouldnt).

at least thats my take :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info