Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #3

My guess applies to what someone of you wrote before. If you start wearing corrupted items your character changes and you maybe get the abbilty fight something that you cant fight/hurt with "normal" items. In reverse corrupted Items lose the abbilty to deal damage to "normal" monsters. If you want to play the new content that would be hard decision making. Do i corrupt my 6link voltaxic hmmm :D
"
Snookdog wrote:

Judging by the date-hour this was posted, Chris is working overtime again.

While I understand the extra mile is needed to get the mini-xpac in time,
don't burn yourself guys.

You will come on forums, see us complaining and then be like:
"f. those spoiled brats. going home to my wife/gf/dog."

Also,

with all this corrupt thingie... will unique rings be able to roll 'unset' implicit mod? like

but with a gem socket?

The attributes that have benn applied (taken) so far where not implicit, but who knows.
Last edited by Powerhunger on Feb 20, 2014, 6:18:10 AM
"
Lordemore wrote:
Why you think you have to sacrifice anything with the corrupted items?

Don't you see that implicit mod is already sacrificed? Then nothing else should be sacrificed more. Judging by teaser screenshots, 16 to all atributes were sacrificed for 1% leech from Lightning damage. Iron ring dmg bonus was sacrificed for 5% cast speed. Pretty obvious.

On the other hand, i think that sacrificing actually means something like, you use orb ob sacrifice on an item, and make it corrupted. The sacrifice then is a ritual, not something crazy handicapping like stacks of bleeding, or soul/character/account bound bussines, etc.

Some builds do not utilize life regen% so how on earth you thought GGG's will make corrupt items apply constant bleeding on you. ?

1% life leech would be nothing to compensate the amount of that life degen.

Just be rational, and think sanely. :)

TL:DR , Sacrificing is a ritual, there will not be any crazy handicaping stuff for corrupted items, you already sacrificed some mod on the item for a random more exotic mod, or a colored socket for a white socket.

No there hadnt been needed to sacrifice anything else but it just made more sense to me it came from another item.

I dont see it as been random from a pool and then have to spam thousands of orbs and then bessed / divine afterwards
or that you have to choose the stat from a huge list of stats
Last edited by Powerhunger on Feb 20, 2014, 6:25:10 AM
if "corruped" means dis has anything to do with health of chest, weapons etc, than this would be very bad idea!

f.e. you got a 6link chest with your last money... and its corruped or broken this will be very very bad
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
gr00grams wrote:
"
60x7 wrote:
Agreed but if it turns your gear into shit it's fucking gay and needs to be removed.

Plenty of them do this. It's again, to keep you farming.
One example of the top of my head was Hellgate and it's 'Augmentrix'.

"
mazul wrote:
No they are not. They are merely a combination of the Action and RPG genres.

Perhaps I should have been more specific?

Find me ONE Diablo-clone isometric ARPG that is not built on RNG, then I might agree with you. That is this genre's defining trait.

Torchlight 2 GG.

RNG exists, but it is not the defining feature of the game. RNG can only make your character go from good to godlike, which is how it should be. RNG shouldn't be from the ranges of your character is a piece of trash to facerolling the game like it is in Path of Exile. Dungeon Siege 1-2, and NoX also didn't really heavily rely on RNG, rather they relied on the game being fun to keep you playing.
O.O
VGazer/SmashGazer/ChargeGazer/PyroGazer/BoomGazer/FrozenGazer/FlashGazer/BGazer/SlashGazer/ScionGazer/BlockGazer

Fish Sticks.
"
It's really interesting following the speculation about new game mechanics!

It's not interesting for me. I hope there won't be a lucky few who discover some hidden message in the pictures about what to buy now and sell when the expansion comes out, and become extremely rich, while the most of us are really poor.
"Thursday, February 20: After some teaser screenshots during the week, we'll post some more information about features of the mini-expansion."

Well then, give us the good stuff!? :D
So in the beginning the ring has 3.4 regen per second, and in the linked picture it has 3.... Perhaps some of the mods randomly change throughout gameplay? For instance instead of 5% Increased attack speed, every 10 seconds that percentage has a chance to change, or other mods have a chance to change?
Where's that friend list space mtx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info