Sacrifice of the Vaal: Teaser Screenshot #3

Should corrpted items have obvious downsides and the corruption is there from when the item is first looted, that would mean we will have powerful uniques with consideraby less value.

Think corrupted shavs or voltaxic for 10 ex or so.
IGN: Ralfe
shields with global crit !!! thats what i want ffs. all of those really good spiked shields can be damned useful now with global crit implicit.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last edited by leighferon on Feb 20, 2014, 4:02:00 AM
"
Riakkek wrote:
Should corrpted items have obvious downsides and the corruption is there from when the item is first looted, that would mean we will have powerful uniques with consideraby less value.

Think corrupted shavs or voltaxic for 10 ex or so.

While the non-corrupted double in price.

I just hope that corruption will be limited to items that we loot and they're corrupted from the start, as in corrupted monster drops a corrupted item. I do NOT want to see items that are perfectly fine and we already use them become corrupted all of a sudden.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
I do NOT want to see items that are perfectly fine and we already use them become corrupted all of a sudden.

yeah...that would really just suck a big elephant wang.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
<PLOT MODE ON>
My guess why Chris shows all of those corrupted items not equiped (even tho he could equip them) is becouse when you equip them you get some kind of character status, buff/debuff. And he simply doesnt want to show it... YET! ;)
<PLOT MODE OFF>
GG to GGG ;)
Im starting to think that corruption is something like, you sacrifice one item choose a stat and gain it onto another item. Kinda like an item sink.

And you can do the same with maps and maps onto areas to increase the monster lvl. Thats why he is lvl 14+ in mud flats. Dunno how you would get lvl 14 maps though or maybe its a different item.

The "1% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life" on the amulet came from a new supporter unique.
Last edited by Powerhunger on Feb 20, 2014, 5:01:10 AM
After thinking it over, I have no idea >.>
Last edited by lupasvasile on Feb 20, 2014, 5:16:49 AM
I think ggg has no plan what corrupted will be and look the awesome rumors out of the comunity and take the best to implement corupted.

And i think also that Chris is kidding us with the amulet. I think i saw also that it will be a new supporter unique.

That s Chris :-)

who is fishing in the new fishing maps
Why you think you have to sacrifice anything with the corrupted items?

Don't you see that implicit mod is already sacrificed? Then nothing else should be sacrificed more. Judging by teaser screenshots, 16 to all atributes were sacrificed for 1% leech from Lightning damage. Iron ring dmg bonus was sacrificed for 5% cast speed. Pretty obvious.

On the other hand, i think that sacrificing actually means something like, you use orb ob sacrifice on an item, and make it corrupted. The sacrifice then is a ritual, not something crazy handicapping like stacks of bleeding, or soul/character/account bound bussines, etc.

Some builds do not utilize life regen% so how on earth you thought GGG's will make corrupt items apply constant bleeding on you. ?

1% life leech would be nothing to compensate the amount of that life degen.

Just be rational, and think sanely. :)

TL:DR , Sacrificing is a ritual, there will not be any crazy handicaping stuff for corrupted items, you already sacrificed some mod on the item for a random more exotic mod, or a colored socket for a white socket.
Proud Crusader of Hardcore Leagues.
"
Aux wrote:
Wow

Judging by the date-hour this was posted, Chris is working overtime again.

While I understand the extra mile is needed to get the mini-xpac in time,
don't burn yourself guys.

You will come on forums, see us complaining and then be like:
"f. those spoiled brats. going home to my wife/gf/dog."

Also,

with all this corrupt thingie... will unique rings be able to roll 'unset' implicit mod? like

but with a gem socket?
Last edited by Snookdog on Feb 20, 2014, 5:59:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info