Puzzling defense.

"
peachii wrote:
What is their crit chance/multiplier? I hate pvp but from reading threads and hearing people talk about it, don't crits ignore defense and resists and just hit you hard? If you have traded away your damage stats to be more "tanky" and they have taken more damage stats to rip your face off, could that be the difference you are seeing?

Plus without seeing all the spells and flasks they are using, can anyone really answer this question fully?

Around 5-6. Nothing special, although raises a good point. Critical attacks in pvp come into there own world in terms of defense. I wonder if adding critical defense to Determination aura would make the aura used more often, instead of being a waste.
You're hitting on the problem of Shock status and Elemental penetration support gems having a devastating effect.
Code. Frag. | gplus.to/mystrdat | twitch.tv/mystrdat
i feel like they wanted resists to be good for example blocking 45% of their dmg is pretty damn good. its good enough to nullify a shock effect but at the same time they didnt want people just being immune to you if you are getting penetration which suggests you are committing to one element. i like the idea of not being able to stack resists as they are too simple a way to just ignore a lot of builds. for your defense though you may see a change to armor or something coming. i have noticed that my evasion bow character does really well usually but certain situations are not good and i have to really stack my hp more than i stack my evasion to not die. its true i am not stacking evasion as much as hp but that doesnt take away the fact that i am an evasion character as all my gear is evasion i just use inferior evasion stats in order to stack hp.

it is weird that it seems like everyoen might as well stack hp on every item of gear they wear.
IGN- Isiander
My opinion on elements is that if, for example (using very strange maths for this next part).

A player has 200% more cold dps from his physical. So his Glacial hammer hits for 500 physical and 1250 cold. When a player has maxed cold resist, his cold dps which is 200% over normal, isnt reduced by -75%, but rather a suitable math formula to bring his 200% down to a noticeable difference. Some games it's usually a negative effect on dps, so the dps 200% dps would be reduced to 25-30%.
Idk how this game is planning to balance this, as it can seem unfair for someone to have gigantic cold dps to be nerfed too easily, yet it seems very easy just to stack elemental dps with penetration and dps without even thinking about resistance defense, which is also unbalanced.

The pro and con would force players to always have a back-up dps skill/style to fight their elements resisted bane.
Last edited by Barnabas on Jan 7, 2013, 7:45:46 PM
Wonder if Mark_GGG was forced to read all my crap?
Maybe they have better reflexes than you. Having gear is good but if your timing is off it isn't enough.

If they are close friends switch characters with them and see if they play your character better then you do.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
Himavat gave me a spare Volls hammer and anti stun amulet on my maxed hp marauder- killed Himavat in 3 hits, and hp regen mitigated his dps easy even though i had bad resistance.

Skill in this match-up isnt an issue - it's a elemental penetration, and mitigation flaw which means, there is nothing resistance can ever do to help me. With my cold resistance maxed at it's highest possible value which is around 44% - 47% it still counts for nothing. The only way to actually defend myself is boosting more hp and regen - but my counter argument is: If he's using cold dps, and ive got decent hp already, why isnt resistance helping me, and how does it make sense that i should increase my hp?

I actually know why increasing hp and regen would help, since dps is also based off your hp, but when taking a step back and looking at why im dieing with capped resistance, it begs the question towards PoE mechanics.
Last edited by Barnabas on Jan 8, 2013, 8:56:19 AM
try maxing the resist on your mara and see how much it changes the damage. also i keep my stance that the damage you are trying to resist is more physical than you are letting on.
IGN- Isiander

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info