(28) 1v1s

Im kinda confused by this thread but well...

First 600 hp is extremely low for pvp28 ; you don't need uniques to upgrade your ehp, it's actually the other way around ; beside perandus & meginord, you usually end up loosing defensive stats when using uniques for more dps/utility. 900-1k hp is easily achievable without insane gear ; also the more hp you have, the less stun & elemental procs you'll receive, because those are based on a ratio between the damage you receive and the max hp you have.

Otherwise, uniques are there to have your toon be built around them ; they enable a unique playstyle. I kind of agree on the other hand that wake of destruction are too strong ; it should be based on an other type of boots and have its req level higher than 28. But again, you could also wear some insane rare boots like +69hp, tri res & movement speed, assuming you drop one > it comes down to your build, fast attack speed or elemental dpser will always opt for wake, while other builds end up better with those rare boots.

Also, rares can be a lot stronger than uniques, when it comes to dps or defensives stats, assuming you hit decent rolls.

For instance I have this dagger
Unavailable

that outdps any kind of unique dagger. Chests like
Unavailable

or
Unavailable

outshine Fox Shade in a lot of ways.
Belt like
Unavailable

Will always be superior to magnate/meginord because of the utility it provides.

Either way, this is an ARPG and you are meant to farm a lot to get decent gear, be it uniques or rares, and this translate into : "the more you farm the game, the more insane you'll be". It's as simple as that :p
You can't expect to beat people who min/maxed their toon with average gear.
Last edited by Hexaste on Jan 4, 2013, 1:56:55 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Thanks for your post and links Hexaste.

Ive been making alot of toons since this thread, toons with 1100-1350 hp etc. I have found that uniques have played a major role in terms of, anti stun, freeze, burst 2h dps and shock etc. Simple example, im preferring to use a 2h sword to bypass evasion and block, which imo is a tad more thoughtful then someone picking up a heavy Volls hammer to smash my face in with 3 - 4 hits.

Then when such a player gets killed bc ive decided to use some thought into using unwavering stance to avoid stun, and use heavy strike to counter heavy hitters by stunning and pushing them back...they decide to use anti stun unique. I dont care that i lose, i know low level pvp is very difference then end game, but do find unique -have- played an important role in match-ups ive been. They've played such a factor, that i think only 1 person who has killed me wasnt using one, and that dude was using viper strike + block.

Anyway, if your Hexaste, I wonder if your the same guy ive heard about with very high dps using a shadow? Or maybe not, however i do value your opinion as i can tell you know more about PoE then I.

Id like resistance to elements explained in how useful they actually are. To get a better understanding of what im referring to, check out the thread ive made in PVP thread -
Puzzling question - request by Charen.
Yes I'm the 4k+ dps shadow :)
I already posted on your thread regarding your res and said you need more than 130% cold res vs a glacial hammer user ; when I'm facing one, I switch to dream fragment + double cold res Saphire ring then I'm fine, able to sustain 3-4 hits before dying.

This is because a good glacial hammer build uses Hrimsorrow unique gloves, which mean 75% of its dps is cold damage ; add to that that it uses Frostbite curse + Cold Penetration support gem, which means it removes 58% of your cold res as a total. So you actually need 133% cold res to mitigate its damage ; the difference between 110% cold res and 133% cold res is HUGE : this change your effective res from 52% to 75% which means you're able to tank twice as much the glacial hammer hit.
Last edited by Hexaste on Jan 5, 2013, 7:22:05 PM
"
Hexaste wrote:
Yes I'm the 4k+ dps shadow :)
I already posted on your thread regarding your res and said you need more than 130% cold res vs a glacial hammer user ; when I'm facing one, I switch to dream fragment + double cold res Saphire ring then I'm fine, able to sustain 3-4 hits before dying.

This is because a good glacial hammer build uses Hrimsorrow unique gloves, which mean 75% of its dps is cold damage ; add to that that it uses Frostbite curse + Cold Penetration support gem, which means it removes 58% of your cold res as a total. So you actually need 133% cold res to mitigate its damage ; the difference between 110% cold res and 133% cold res is HUGE : this change your effective res from 52% to 75% which means you're able to tank twice as much the glacial hammer hit.

Alright ill buff myself even more and see how my previous toons go.

Thanks alot.

Only thing i can add is that, if it wasnt for those unique gloves, you wouldnt need the unique ring? Which would kinda prove my point about uniques playing a factor?

Also i made a max hp regen toon, who can tank a Ice build better then someone with 133% resistance, my toon just has huge regen. So it seems easier and more effective way to defend yourself instead of wasting time on resistance? Regen > resist? Also i dont have to swap gear.
Last edited by Barnabas on Jan 5, 2013, 9:24:33 PM
132% cold resistance with low hp of 842 with 32.4 regen. But even with a higher resistance I felt no difference.

I do know my 1313 hp marauder with bad cold resistance and 64.1 regen could tank far easier.

Ofc its obvious that hp + regen is a good thing, however i would have felt someone with lower hp but gigantic cold resistance would show a noticeable difference.

My theory on defense is regen > all, and unique with anti freeze > cold resistance. As a matter of fact, uniques swapping > Large Key Skill nodes as well.

I may sound like a total fkn noob, but id like to understand why it's how, it's.

"
Hilbert wrote:
No that means in HC you will barely meet glass cannons, such as in default videos.

For example the Dual Vaal map video is a glass cannon build. 20% elemental reflect and they would have died, same goes for hits.

In HC most builds are made in a way that they can take heavy hits.

Interesting perspective you guys have in HC.

That char you're referring to also has over 10K ES which defensively is a pretty good number when looked at in isolation.

I think the owner of that char would admit that 100K+ DPS is an issue when facing ele reflect mobs but as we're talking about PvP here, he's anything but a glass canon.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
From my experience in 28 pvp (kinda alot) there is no unique that can stand up to a great rare.
Depending on your build valls def best for flicker marauders. 28 pvp is all about how your passive skill tree is, what kinda gear you throw on,
I.e. armor, res, life, etc. And how well you play. I will tell you right now,
That a shadow with a 2h wep, 600 life, and uses the skill gems you do will get smashed on by anyone who is built the right way or even just plays right. You came up with a horrible build and plaued a few matches, just to lose.
Do some research before you rage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info