1.0.0g Patch Notes

"
Galtrovan wrote:

I disagree.

GGG wants to assign iLvl 78 to top end uniques... fine
GGG wants to make level 78 areas map-only... fine
GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

+1

This is a great idea and would make maps way better.
"
Kochise wrote:

This is the way it was for the longest time up to release save one or two unique items. The fact that it changed at release and they told no one is crap I'd like to know how that convo in the office went:

Lead guy- hey team let's change the way chance orbs work. We will start by picking the high ilvl numbers and assign it to the items. Then well make it do the base only drops where those one shit-sockers go..you know that one guy that needs a few sandwiches and...the other..Kupps..kipps..Crematorium..w/e lol fukin neckbeards..

Community guy: God damn it lead guy stay OT lel..or its probation from talking in these shit meetings you insist on.

Lead guy: ah fuck all CG..ban me noob..oh wait trollollollol I own this shit so you can't. Now go get me some more hot pockets and while your up go get my shirt from the flag pole...newb.. ok ok back OT..

as I was saying after we ninja nerf...change the chance orbs for the sake of meaningful game play..We don't tell them until weeks later and be all like..What's that dumb shit they type in game... oh yeah..be all like huehue guys while we are laying this heavy shit about combined multiple Microtransactions..by the way shits legit man.. lel sorry anyway here's some more heavy shit...hue...all these unique..are all ilvl 99...huehue jk jk ... 78 and here's the dinger..you can't chance them...troll bitches1?!!??1. And and lol it's been that way since 1.0.0. GG HUEHUE oh sorry CG .. GGG no re noob.

COMMUNITY GUY: Elohel LG... shits funny...me and the team be mod'n that thread all day...Hue I'll probate some lil bitch too..

Lead guy: K then I gotta go type this shit up.. be ready to lock that shit down when these newbs start cryin and threatening to want donations back.

Edit:

Lead guy: Next mouthbreather that pb&js my keyboard is on Charan duty for the next week.

Edit 2
Lead guy: Sorry guys proofreader is pissed bc I nerfed her avatar.

HAHA wow
Any confirm from GGG that as long as the Glorious Plate and Occu Vestment drop that the item can go unique again? :\
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I disagree.

GGG wants us to have to fight through/farm level 78 maps for the top end uniques/rares... fine

But then I fully expect to be able to create and build a character, level up, and play in the level 78 maps AT WILL once I have put in the time and effort to build and gear a character than can handle playing in level 78 maps.

Not being able to play in or ever see the level 78 maps unless the RNG gods shine on you, you have a good map group, and you all are expert traders... is a bunch of bologna. Being able to find the shinies is what keep people playing.

Change the map system. Reduce the map drop rates. Once you find and use a map, it's unlocked for that character. You can enter at will. Still need the map device though. Click on it, brings up your map list. Select the map, choose whether or not to spend currency before entering the zone. Spend nothing, it's a base white map. Otherwise, spend currency to get the mods/bonuses/quality you want. Solo, self-found, no trading players rejoice.

I would love for this to happen, a lot.
"
"
Galtrovan wrote:

I disagree.

I would love for this to happen, a lot.

Well said, not only by you but so many other POE loyal supporters that love this game and really want to keep on playing.
After update i cannot start game, - "version of this file is not compatible with current version of windows". I have Windows 7 x64. Before update i dont have problems.. I try to reinstall game and it didnt help. Maybe someone know what the problem?
Please consider returning to having only these uniques drop in maps. That was a great idea. The only thing I would keep is letting the chances still chance uniques above their itemlevel and also lowering the levels on the list. For instance, level 67+ maps is appropriate for Rathpith, while 72+ for Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, etc is perfectly fair. I spoke with many in guild and in game and this was the general consensus.
"
leighferon wrote:
"
darkjoy wrote:
"The Orb of Chance can now generate Uniques that are higher than the itemlevel of the base type you're trying to roll."

What does this mean?

-in other words chance orbs dont look at item lvl of a base white item to determine whether it can or cant chance a unique.

-for instance u can chance "white lvl 38 Amethyst Ring" into "unique lvl 69 Ming's Heart" even if the item lvl of the white amethyst ring is still lvl 38...

I thought it's always been this way... ?
"

I disagree.

Great idea. Best map system idea i saw. But i think the ggg guys are to stubbornly to go away from the only rng map system.
"
"

I disagree.

Great idea. Best map system idea i saw. But i think the ggg guys are to stubbornly to go away from the only rng map system.

You never know. Nothing may come of what I wrote, but I'm sure GGG read it.
Last edited by Galtrovan on Nov 7, 2013, 3:53:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info