Temporal Chains...

Here we go again. This time I wont be typing it all again so I'll just quote my self:

"
Grildrak wrote:
And you guys can scream flasks all day long, I dont care. PvP is BO9. You can have 5 flasks. Those flasks wont get refilled unless you win the round so if you are going to burn through all your dispel curse flasks long before the match is over. And people are also loving to call everyone complaining on perma freeze for noobs telling them to use flasks (and as I said you can only use 5). And in the end even if flasks would be a good way to deal with curses that is still not even related to the problem of temporal chains being the far best curse for ~95% of the characters playing PvP!

Just to make it absolutely clear it is not that curses are too good. The problem is just that temp chain is too good compared to the other curses when it comes to PvP.
Here we go again. This time I wont be typing it all again so I'll just quote my self. And Yes I'm mocking you Grildrak :)

"
My thoughts on Temp Chains

Very powerfull in pvp arena. Although there are ways around it.

1-Flasks granting immunity to curses, if you have 4-5 seconds for each flask. Assuming you have 5 flasks that gives you anywhere from 20-25 seconds of nonstop curse immunity. And assuming you have the quality at 20% on each flask to give you the full 25 seconds of curse free movement.

--timed correctly you have more than enough time to make your move while your flask is active.
And therefore your flasks will recharge with each kill.

2- Cast speed & Attack speed, knowing full well that temp chains is a problem planning a build that is built around cast speed & attack speed is probably a wise move if the flask immunity is not enough for you.

-- Lets assume that the enemy your going up against has a 20% quality temp chains, which combined with level 20 temp chains = 44% reduction in movment, attack, and cast. But the most important issue here in my opinion is probably the attack speed, or cast speed. Movement can be easily attained through gear. So getting as close to that 44% to cancelling the effect of temp chains would be the wisest option. Because at very least you want to PLAN AHEAD as if your anticipating to come across temporal chains.

In conclusion, if you plan a build without planning every step in advance including temp chains you will more than likely fail. This is probably the best advice or strategy that I myself used towards temp chains including my build. And I have come out on top almost every time. That being said I don't believe there is one ability "other than bear trap, but bear trap is beyond reasoning at this point" that can't be countered. Hopefully you take my advice and make the best build you can.

That being said, thank you for reading.

BringYourFriends
"
Here we go again. This time I wont be typing it all again so I'll just quote my self. And Yes I'm mocking you Grildrak :)

"
My thoughts on Temp Chains

Very powerfull in pvp arena. Although there are ways around it.

1-Flasks granting immunity to curses, if you have 4-5 seconds for each flask. Assuming you have 5 flasks that gives you anywhere from 20-25 seconds of nonstop curse immunity. And assuming you have the quality at 20% on each flask to give you the full 25 seconds of curse free movement.

--timed correctly you have more than enough time to make your move while your flask is active.
And therefore your flasks will recharge with each kill.

2- Cast speed & Attack speed, knowing full well that temp chains is a problem planning a build that is built around cast speed & attack speed is probably a wise move if the flask immunity is not enough for you.

-- Lets assume that the enemy your going up against has a 20% quality temp chains, which combined with level 20 temp chains = 44% reduction in movment, attack, and cast. But the most important issue here in my opinion is probably the attack speed, or cast speed. Movement can be easily attained through gear. So getting as close to that 44% to cancelling the effect of temp chains would be the wisest option. Because at very least you want to PLAN AHEAD as if your anticipating to come across temporal chains.

In conclusion, if you plan a build without planning every step in advance including temp chains you will more than likely fail. This is probably the best advice or strategy that I myself used towards temp chains including my build. And I have come out on top almost every time. That being said I don't believe there is one ability "other than bear trap, but bear trap is beyond reasoning at this point" that can't be countered. Hopefully you take my advice and make the best build you can.

That being said, thank you for reading.

BringYourFriends

totally irrelevant post. fact is IF people would pvp somewhat serious 95% of the matches would be 2 guys beeing temp chained all the time going at each other.
i dont care about build planning or whatever, with current temp chains in pvp you will lose if youre chained and the other is not.

but guess you really like the idea of pvp beeing just a matter of building against a single mandatory curse.
ign: Lucador / Zashah
Last edited by Xobeh on Mar 23, 2013, 5:08:02 PM
PoE PvP is basically slow motion temp chain PvP
Not to mention that TC makes bear trap even more OP.
I like the idea of temp chains because it really helps in getting the people who kite in pvp, however I don't like that its so overused because its so good. If they don't make any changes to it thats fine. I think the counters to it are pretty effective and some of the other curses are also good to use as well. There are matches that I don't need temp chains at all and elemental weakness is the far better curse to use. Someone got mad recently that I used temp chains, can't blame him too much but you got to use whats available to be somewhat competitive. Same reason I don't blame the guys who use bear trap or the other myriad of really good pvp builds. You can't blame someone for using whats in the game to win.
Standard Forever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info