PvP Theorycraft: Most Popular / Strongest build?

"
EpsiIon wrote:

Don't really need a quill rain, with proper building, a sword crit user can easily 1 shot any life user with flicker. Don't really need diamonds either, as the movement provided by a well slotted whirling, basically makes you untouchable. Only issue would be with ES users, and those can be dealt with in a variety of ways.

Well, could you give some exemples on how you'd counter a CI + phy crit build ?

Puncture + high evasion/block maybe, but you'll get OS if a hit goes throught anyway.
And you cant really kite Flicker Strike.
Last edited by samord on Dec 16, 2012, 10:12:22 AM
"
samord wrote:
"
EpsiIon wrote:

Don't really need a quill rain, with proper building, a sword crit user can easily 1 shot any life user with flicker. Don't really need diamonds either, as the movement provided by a well slotted whirling, basically makes you untouchable. Only issue would be with ES users, and those can be dealt with in a variety of ways.

Well, could you give some exemples on how you'd counter a CI + phy crit build ?

Puncture + high evasion/block maybe, but you'll get OS if a hit goes throught anyway.
And you cant really kite Flicker Strike.

You can't really counter them. They have literally, every single advantage, specially if they are melee/whirling. They are the fastest build, they hit so hard you can't resist them with armor.

The only way to beat them really, is who has better gear.
So, what is this CI? Still learning but will be getting into the lvl 28 scene asap.

I have plans before things go live to try and test out as much as possible and want to play HC Cutthroat.
"
EpsiIon wrote:
You can't really counter them. They have literally, every single advantage, specially if they are melee/whirling. They are the fastest build, they hit so hard you can't resist them with armor.

The only way to beat them really, is who has better gear.

This need to be adressed.
I was really looking forward to pvp, but having such an OP build kind of kill the mood. And i hardly see how you wouldnt go for 3 shadows in 3v3.

And considering there shouldnt be any major balance change after OB (hopefully) and that PvE is the main focus, the state of the game would have to change within the next month.

I guess we'll just have to eat the cake without the icing.
Last edited by samord on Dec 17, 2012, 6:34:31 PM
I believe the devs have reserved the right to make balance changes for years into the life of the game, major or otherwise. Yeah, it'll suck if you have a build you love that gets effed with. But that's better than stagnation.

They seem to prefer that a variety of builds be viable, or at least that there are counters for the top one(s), but it doesn't look like pvp is a priority right now.

Some sort of CI changes are coming at least.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info