Tyr's **0.11.1** Pure Elemental Bow Spec

Hmmm. yeah crowd control definitely helps.

currently I am using curse and attack totem with ice shot for crowd control, it slows down bosses like crazy.

I see that bow has 1.55 attack speed, these seem to give me the best dps, and lightning damage, very nice.

thanks this helped a lot, managed to get my damage to 1600+ with lightning arrow now 1360 with nice magic find. :)

I'm still really wondering what passives I should go for first though, your guide has a big gap from level 45 or so to level 80.

I'm finding crit chance is not boosting my damage by a great deal as I only have 11% chance to crit, and I have no clue at all how effective area damage and radius will be and if I should get that first or get elemental damage straight away.

This is what I'm thinking now of going till level 65
Skill point allocation

It's your same build I'm just not sure what to pick first.

Also with your build, if u refund another few points out of deep thoughts, 4 points 26% mana and put them near mana per kill you get 32%, not a big deal but some who are happy to spend the refund might consider this.
Last edited by richie01 on Mar 19, 2013, 10:04:05 PM
Get Inner Force asap & Frost Walker.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Tyr, any reply to my suggestion on 66 page?
Path of Exile > Diablo II > TorchLight 2 > Diablo I > Hello Kitty Online > Diablo III
"
Tyranthal wrote:
Get Inner Force asap & Frost Walker.

hmmm, thanks for the reply, I'm curious why though.

I only use ice shot for attack totem and my mana is so low at the moment I only use one aura.
What will I need the cold damage for?

Given that I only use one buff at the moment will inner force still be worth it?
Last edited by richie01 on Mar 20, 2013, 7:46:22 AM
IGN: Kebehsenuf
I like this build and read the early and last pages,
just wonder if the build on page 1 is updated to the current version including the usage of ice shot. Wakes and Harps may be too expensive for my non-existing budget, but I do have a quill rain.
This build is awesome so far.
I'm now in the beginning of merciless act 3 and the only thing I have problems with (so far) are puncture bandits (act 2) and flicker-striking mobs.

Regarding the ice shot totem, I'm currently using a 5L chest and linking Ice Shot + WED + Ranged Attack totem + Chain + Elemental Proliferation.

Some questions about gems, because I don't have certain gems to experiment with.
- Can anyone tell me if I should replace Chain with GMP/LMP?
- I heard good things about Elemental Proliferation but I'm not seeing how effective it is, maybe my gem is now too low-level (only level 5 right now). How does Elemental Proliferation compare against Stun or Knockback? Or does it get better at higher level?
Last edited by lorem331 on May 12, 2013, 11:55:23 PM
do i kill the bandits everytime in each mode for +3 skill points?...
The only game you need to win at is on the internet.
Been running a variant of this build for the last 2 days, and loving it. Really brings back memories of the ele bow shadow that was my main in CB (really miss running MoC with him). Never really gave much thought to RA totem before finding this thread. I must say, I'm loving it.

lv 51 atm, and just got my hands on a 5l harp with a 124% roll, can't ask for much better. Soooooooooooooooooo much of an improvement simply due to being able to take LMP out of my skills.
"
Diamond Utility Flasks have returned! They make your Critical Strike Chance "Lucky" for 3.5 seconds (that is, your Critical Strike Chance is rolled twice, with the best result taken).

Annnnnd (hopefully) this build is functionally viable again.

The removal of Diamond Flasks took the impact from this build. While still excellent in multiple categories, it lacked the spike dps on bosses. This is no longer the case.

I have a newfound respect for those who leveled a shadow with this playstyle. Especially in OB. After bringing an OB shadow to lvl 70, I have been working on figuring out how to crank the dps to smash higher lvl maps.

Ill overhaul this thread over the next few days to bring it up to speed.

hi5
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info