Why do you hoard? What do you hoard?

I'm kinda like you in that I hardly keep a character long enough to do maps. I also have 40 tabs that i use to keep junk. I keep every rare I find until my tabs are full and then sell them. I usually get around 300+ alts.

It's just my nature. Kinda like cats having to chase light beams.
And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit - The Tick
Last edited by magree on Jul 18, 2013, 1:05:27 PM
I hoard wisdom scrolls and portal scrolls because I have portal gems.
http://prntscr.com/1g69dt

I've got some OCD stash organisation going on here I know..
Met people with more tabs however. I'm at 34 currently.

I 'try' to keep items that are good for their level, or will be usefull for friends, other builds, to sell, to craft, etc....
Bumping,

Also are there any ex-horders out there that can give advise on how to be more ruthless on vendoring gear, or selling tips perhaps?
I'm a hoarder. I have yet to sell a skill/support gem and have four pages of them. They keep promising this "gem sink" and I'm ready when it comes... what ever it is.

I play HC, so I try to keep only items needed for a single hypothetical case of each class... not a whole bunch of stuff "I might use some time"... two pages of crap accumulate for each class though... I'll probably expand to three before too long.
Buy more stash tabs. More more more.
uniques (duh)
elemental resist and granite flasks (they are so cool to watch)
good leveling gear (for example +skill wands)
good low level flasks (instant,increased armor and such)
4-5 linked items
any gem that you cant acquire in act 1 normal (so you can reroll without trading too much)
quality flasks to vendor
good base item rares to vendor in stack of 5

i vendor all yellows without 4-5 links cause its usually not worth to jewel/fuse them unless they have soper good mods
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Jul 18, 2013, 3:18:46 PM
me: hi. my name is DropBearAntix, and i'm a hoarder.

room: "hi, DropBearAntix."

me: i've been hoarding damn-near every unique + currency since the start of open beta. i've played in both hardcore and default (as it was called at the start of open beta), and i've even purposely killed-off characters in hardcore so i can bring currency + uniques + gems to the default/standard league...

LOL!

for sh!tzengiggles, i created a second account. *gasp!* this new account only has the 4 standard stash tabs, so i don't have access to my 20+ tabs on my regular character. i'm currently playing a marauder, and seeing how far i can get WITHOUT crafting, trading or hoarding items that may be useful in the future. i'm in act 3 normal (anarchy league), and i've only JUST had to use a couple of fusing links, so i can get an extra gem slot. i'm still using blue (magic) items.

i suggest you fellow hoarders give this a go, to see how far you can get without trading (aside from vending to npcs). it might help you get over your addiction.

rule is: if you can't use it immediately, dump it (or vend it).

HOWEVER... i still hoard gems with any quality and uniques, + of course currency. i'll transfer them to my main account later. (so i'm really NOT over my hoarding addiction at all!!)
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
I hoard because I like to collect things and to keep stuff for future alts.

I keep 3 of each gem and all 'superior' gem's, all unique's, rares for chaos recipe and rares with good stats for their level.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
I keep anything worth 1gcp+ and vendor the rest.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info