Settlers Fan Art Competition

ROT SHAMAN
Another One Helm to Dust

Just coming in before the finish line, my Living Blade. She’s not quite as finished as I’d like - there’s no relief on the langet yet, and my pommel nut isn’t carved out, but I’m pretty pleased with my first sword. It’s also the first time since I started smithing last year that there’s been a realistic weapon added to the game, so that was satisfying. It’s a 48 inch blade in 5160 steel, with bronze quillions, longet and handle case and brass finish pieces. I’ve had to make some changes from the design in the game to make it real compared to the final living blade or the one from the warden of eaves concept art; for one thing, this is a wood handle with a brass cover, rather than what appears to be solid brass, both for weight and because I am not machining an 18 inch screw length into brass; the blade is also thinner and less agressively angled to be more accurate to real blade sizes and weights. It’s a 6.5 mm thick by 47 wide at the shoulder, tapering to less than half that behind the point, almost exactly 3 kg total with a center of balance just behind the end of the fuller. It's really light, and very swingable and I may yet grind the last third down thinner. I can't stress enough how big this thing feels when you're actually close to it, the pictures do not convey the size of it.
For the style, I left in some hammer marks in the grind - the warden of eave’s sword has some big dings that I thought would be fun to add that way, but I’ve tried to keep the shape as close as I could while having the sword be functional (if I decide to sharpen it).
I was hoping to have more time to do a finer fit and finish but this month has been real busy with work, I had to wait for a lot of the materials, and my wife booked a surprise camping trip so I have had to do everything beyond the blade itself in the past day; like half that time was spent filing through the quillions to seat the tang. Don't file bronze. I had to anneal it in the forge every minute or two it's exhausting. The fittings are very much first draft here, most importantly my pommel isn't on. The patina on the copper also hasn’t quite set in yet, hopefully a thousand years in the wildwood will make it look greener. I learned a lot making this! For one thing, grinding is infinitely more work than forging and grinding a four foot blade with four bevels is infinitely more work than grinding a knife, for another I am never going to work with brass or bronze again as long as I live, and finally, it rules to make yourself a really big sword. Hope you like it, and good luck to everyone who entered!\
Just outside in good light

Compared to dining room table for scale

Not paying the ransom.

I designed an original boss for Path of Exile! It was Inspired by Settlers of Kalguur expansion and Admiral Valerius bossfight! It is to be encountered after Admiral Valerius. This boss is marine undead champion, it spans numerous ghost-puppets using his boat-tomb.
Last edited by Zhabiy_QuaKK on Sep 26, 2024, 8:18:36 PM
Unfortunately had to speedrun this one because of lack of time but I hope it pleases :D
Amazing league!
Last edited by AKS97 on Sep 26, 2024, 8:29:22 PM

It was fun to participate. Probably the best time spent before med. residency.
Not skilled enough to fully express what was on my mind, but I'm happy with the result.
Last edited by ZeEnemy on Sep 26, 2024, 11:31:07 PM
Sonja's farm

https://imgur.com/ZB9E1ZB
Sonja <3
Here's my fanart this league!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info