Recent Economic Abuse

Praise

good call
I don't think that this warrants a ban. I disagree with the notion that it is an exploit. Every single step of the interaction was a *literally intended mechanic*, working as intended, this isn't like Ultimatum when 'infinitely spawning' monsters are something obviously buggy and broken.

The only unintended part was using a t1 map to take advantage of the limited div card pool but... ggg was the one who made that change? It isn't a bug, it works how they literally programmed it to, they just didn't realize it would have this particular interaction.

Remove the currency from the economy? Yes please. Using mechanics that are all working entirely as designed should not be a *bannable* offence. The difference between "clever use of game mechanics" and "exploit" should not merely be a matter of scale.

Anyways, that is just my opinion. Hope everyone has a good day.
Last edited by Cheezemansam on Jul 29, 2024, 9:02:28 PM
Yes it's NOT an exploit, but an abuse of the essence of the game. The trade economy is just as much as important as any other system in the game and if one priik decides abuse it to moon to make it bad for everyone else, it should be stopped and regulated. GGG is doing just that.

No one would be mad if you do the same "exploit" in SSF, as long as it doesn't affect the trade system. But then again, what will you do with 10000 divs/hr, it's absurd to even "play" the game this way.
player agency, where?

"do you guys not have phones?" - blizz 2018
"do you guys not have 2 monitors, 3 overlays, 4 discord, 5 websites, 6 loot filters?" - ggg or smth 2024
"deal with it" - ggg, 2024
Neat!
and fubgun gets a pass? some of the exploiters didn't just do divine cards but uniques that sell for a lot. this 'only 4 people abused it's is WAY off

okkkkayyyyy
Last edited by POEtayto on Jul 29, 2024, 9:41:01 PM
"
Cheezemansam wrote:
I don't think that this warrants a ban. I disagree with the notion that it is an exploit. Every single step of the interaction was a *literally intended mechanic*, working as intended, this isn't like Ultimatum when 'infinitely spawning' monsters are something obviously buggy and broken.

The only unintended part was using a t1 map to take advantage of the limited div card pool but... ggg was the one who made that change? It isn't a bug, it works how they literally programmed it to, they just didn't realize it would have this particular interaction.

I am sorry, in the future if GGG could kindly list information that players are *not* allowed to use to their advantage using mechanics that are working as they were programmed to. Remove the currency from the economy? Yes please. Using mechanics that are all working entirely as designed should not be a *bannable* offence. The difference between "clever use of game mechanics" and "exploit" should not merely be a matter of scale.

Anyways, that is just my opinion. Hope everyone has a good day.

baffling they have no policy or PROACTIVE DETECTION for handling this already and have to 'think about what to do'. every league same ol arbitrarily show where exploiters exploit and as long as mtx sells hey who cares about being consistent or ethical right?
now plz fix black morrigan, 2 div in a useless bug
Don't ban. Sure, remove the currency they got from it but there was no glitching or bug abuse, it was just an overlooked interaction on your part so they should not be banned for gggs mistake.
IGN: Blip
If you don't ban all of them, you have no credibility. You used to do the right thing and ban people for exploiting.
I don't see them banning anyone because if they do they will lose players...not like that's happening right now. They've lost over 150k players since launch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info