Easy-mode Build for New League

"
osperand66 wrote:
Hey,

As someone close to 60 years old I know what you mean, been playing video games since the amstrad 464!.

Wow... I haven't heard 'Amstrad' in so many years it was quite the flash down memory lane!
I don't remember the model I had. I do remember it ran at a whopping 4hz or somesuch. It was twice the speed of most anything else on the market and, looking back on it now I have to laugh thinking it was screaming fast...
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
LiftingNerdBro was a good guy.
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

why is it click bait and bad? it can clear the atlas up to t16 on cheap gear and can do almost all content with investment. on his adorned jewel version he cleared some ubers and t17's with it

just because you dont like it doesnt make it click bait or bad

That's the entire bait to require a expensive adorned setup to touch t17 maps and ubers.
Other actual "easy mode" builds allow you touch the real end content without a adorned setup and the feeling of playing a zpds.
Any new bleed melee build caps out on dot cap earlier than his weird rf build and has more ehp without the requirement of a adorned setup.

There are also better ways to scale rf in more dmg and tank ways but his guide is just a bad click bait.

As someone who played it last league, I agree. There are better and easier builds out there.
hexblast is easy mode build and super op with day 1 gear i can easy do t16 maps and day 2 gears i can farm comfy t17 maps
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Jul 26, 2024, 5:55:04 AM
"
Pashid wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:

why is it click bait and bad? it can clear the atlas up to t16 on cheap gear and can do almost all content with investment. on his adorned jewel version he cleared some ubers and t17's with it

just because you dont like it doesnt make it click bait or bad

That's the entire bait to require a expensive adorned setup to touch t17 maps and ubers.
Other actual "easy mode" builds allow you touch the real end content without a adorned setup and the feeling of playing a zpds.
Any new bleed melee build caps out on dot cap earlier than his weird rf build and has more ehp without the requirement of a adorned setup.

There are also better ways to scale rf in more dmg and tank ways but his guide is just a bad click bait.

you are just a hater of pohx his rf build isnt clickbait its very relaxing build and easy to understand and can do all content except ubers on not much investment but if you wanna do the ubers then you only need adorned you can even do t17 without adorned too
"
osperand66 wrote:
Hey,

As someone close to 60 years old I know what you mean, been playing video games since the amstrad 464!.

I think there are many older gamers around, and I also think we are a bit of a niche market. I do find some builds unplayable for me (way too fast) so I tend to stick to things a bit tankier and a bit slower.

Last few leagues been playing ice trap, explosive arrow or a minion build. I think you just manage your expectations, I just play and have fun until i get bored and then make a new character (rinse and repeat a few times each league :).

So, for me, traps and totem playstyle works, I hope you find something that works for you too!.

Right behind you. Started gaming on a Sears PONG console back in the 70s.
Last edited by DirtyLary on Jul 26, 2024, 10:30:50 AM
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
pohx's RF chieftain. you just walk around and things explode. you throw fire trap every now and then. very chill build. he has a detailed guide for it on his website

Went with this build and having a nice chill time. The dog loves it too, gets attention while gaming. A novelty.

As someone correctly pointed out, I'm not necessarily playing with end game in mind, just on for the ride - so this fits nicely. Plus, like his stuff or not, there's a whole lot of support for the build (and other stuff) from the guy. Makes it easier for a low-info player such as myself.
"
"
Moloder wrote:
And way before that, when it was still on - good ol' Hank-the-Tank variants.

For reference, LiftingNerdBro featured my build (one of the older versions, clips are WIP on a 5L) years ago: video

Kinda miss this guy, he was a pleasant dude... Anyway:

Unfortunately, my good boy more or less died a long time ago. He never felt the same after patch 3.9.0, when Fortify was changed to multiplicative and multi-mod crafting was gutted. Previously, I'd use the additive stacking to reduce damage taken from hits, but deep Delvers abused this mechanic, so GGG nuked it.

I used to make my swords for 12ex each or so, using nothing but a bricked T1 Attack Speed base (from mirror crafters, ~1ex each) + multi-mod crafting with Impale hybrid, flat Phys and Hits can't be evaded. Those days are long gone.

I later made a version using Poison Spectral Helix, Cloak of Flame, Purity of Fire and X taken as Fire, standing in Lab Traps with almost no Life Regen, tanking Shaper Beam/Uber Elder, but then everyone and their mum knew about this mechanic, so it was super expensive to build and not feasible anymore. Unfortunately, I no longer have those clips.

Then Spectral Helix got nerfed hard, which killed that version, since it relied heavily on stacking flat Chaos Damage with a Claw, and it didn't have high DPS to begin with (a little over 4M).

However, they've now taken "X taken as X" out back and shot it dead with the 3.25 patch anyway.

Was gonna try and bring him back this league when I heard about the melee buffs, but then I read the patch notes. I'm gonna play Spell Totems instead.

Loved playing that build, thanks for many hours of fun.
#bringbackhank
"
Moloder wrote:
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
pohx's RF chieftain. you just walk around and things explode. you throw fire trap every now and then. very chill build. he has a detailed guide for it on his website

Went with this build and having a nice chill time. The dog loves it too, gets attention while gaming. A novelty.

As someone correctly pointed out, I'm not necessarily playing with end game in mind, just on for the ride - so this fits nicely. Plus, like his stuff or not, there's a whole lot of support for the build (and other stuff) from the guy. Makes it easier for a low-info player such as myself.

glad it worked out for you :)
That is really good build. And fun too.

RF by Pohx i mean.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info